I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #346 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had Dave ever lied about the condition of the Shures, you would all have a valid point in going after him. The importance of the fact that Mule didn't ask is that it means Dave never lied to him. Don't act like he did.

Not disclosing the state of the phones says it all, dave/itsry (same person) is dishonest. It's common courtest to state if there's anything wrong with them. Torn housing is not cosmetic. However small scuffs to the IEM's are acceptable.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #347 of 412
Quote:

Had Dave ever lied about the condition of the Shures, you would all have a valid point in going after him. The importance of the fact that Mule didn't ask is that it means Dave never lied to him. Don't act like he did.

Getting racked of with you sticking up for him. You are deffinately his Mummy aren't you? Or his boyfriend maybe?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #348 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The strain relief crack is not a good sign, as said above. It's not just cosmetic! and it's not just cos it will grow! It's split along way down already, and wont do it's job. It also means the friggin cable got tugged very hard, and 530 cables are a common problem with them, the cable

I would be concerned if I saw rips or tears in strain reliefs. it would mean that the device saw more than normal amount of wear/tear/use by the then-owner.

btw, the 'paint' on the plug is not paint, its a thin mostly useless gold coating meant to impress people. they do wear off/out and it can also mean that the socket it was connected to was *also* putting too much wear on the left-channel (outer/tip) pin. there is also a lot of variation in how the sockets are designed, from gear to gear, and unfortunately not all assume the same 'model'.

but, that IS a noticeable thing and should have been disclosed.

really, dave, audiophiles are really fussy people. isn't this obvious? so, even though mule didn't ask (and he now knows to, I'm sure), you really should have offered up some info about what others *might* think is a product wear item or imperfection. then let the buyer decide if they are ok with this and that flaw. used things have flaws and its our job to disclose these, even if *we* don't mind the flaw in our own use.

that's the transaction. and its been beaten to death
wink.gif

what is more important is your insistence in keeping them. this is what we all can see and comment on (clearly).

perhaps the thread should be locked, the 2 parties go find a moderator and work things out in a week or two (give it time to cool off).

my vote to such a moderator is: have them swap if the condition of the 2 items are judged to be 'as received'. neither party should use or handle the items and ship them to a 3rd party for photos and then cross shipment. that's my take, for the extremely little that its worth.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #349 of 412
Quote:

Don't act like he did.

But Dave withheld information concerning the material condition of his IEMs. Stop acting like Dave's failure to make relevant disclosures somehow absolves him of any responsilibity because Mule didn't ask.

And stop being such a putz. I suppose you believe that if a doctor recommends surgery for your loved one and you didn't ask what the risks were, and that loved one dies on the operating table, then the doctor is off the hook because you didn't ask. And if you complain about the doctor's lack of disclosures and ethics on a public forum well, that really let's him off the hook because you weren't nice.

Spare me your BS. It's getting rather deep in this thread.

--Jerome

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #351 of 412
I'm out!

Nothing anyone says is gonna make a difference so let's move on......

I am collating names of people who have expressed their generosity, just waiting for TheMarchingMule to PM me his Paypal details.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #353 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm out!

Nothing anyone says is gonna make a difference so let's move on......

I am collating names of people who have expressed their generosity, just waiting for TheMarchingMule to PM me his Paypal details.

My sentments exactly! Air is fresher Over here!

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #355 of 412
Alright just got back, too lazy to quote.

Anyway, there is no real way to prove that ry and dave are the same person, anyone with a quarter of a brain would just make a disposable gmail/aol account and use a proxy so it reports a different IP.

Ry and dave are still both spewing crap out their mouths. If you don't want to go out of your way to make things right, then you are gonna get more bad rep then you could ever want, so don't complain about it. In fact, a vast majority of the head-fi community would be glad if you would both GTFO.
dt880smile.png

Oh, and I thought Gatto was a girl?
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #357 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and I thought Gatto was a girl?
frown.gif

lol now I'm just confused, who said I wasn't?

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #359 of 412
Wow... I just opened up this thread for the first time since a couple days ago, and it exploded everywhere.

I've got bull**** all over me now.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #360 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The title states exactly what I'm going to be raving about.

These feminists I hear crying for absolute equality between men and women are absolutely full of it. They voice that they want things to be equal yet they also have made it obvious they don't want to lose the perks of being a woman.

A few examples.

1. How's about the legal system take a guy crying rape as seriously as a girl crying rape? In most cases, even a guy is acquitted of a rape charge, he gets a bad rap for it having come up in the first place.

2. How's about the woman NOT get half a guy's net worth in a divorce? That's such ********. It's damn near automatic that if a girl divorces a guy, even without children, she gets something out of it simply for having said yes and worn a white dress.

3. How's about the women be viewed and as generally accepted as being the breadwinners of society?

4. How's about girls start asking ME out more often? As it stands, the guys bear the burden of nearly all the risk in initiating interaction with a girl. They're the ones in that situation who have to fear rejection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That bit right there.

That's how I feel about it. Feminists want the equality but don't want to lose the benefits they enjoy. Most of them, anyways. Such ********.

Okay, I'm done for now.

------------------------------------

suggesting I read your thread didn't help your case

#2: you do realize during a divorce everything the couple owns is divided, if you believe everything belongs to the man well.. you already know you're a scumbag

#4: maybe if you weren't such a creepy little PITA you could get a girlfriend... aww I feel so bad for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol now I'm just confused, who said I wasn't?

See blue text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back