I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #301 of 412
And if I may be so bold to suggest that the mark of a cool head-fier in their conduct of business in the FS forums is not so much when everything goes smoothly and perflectly. Yes, trouble-free transactions are doublessly important, because that is what everyone expects.

But there are bound to be issues between two honest and well-meaning people. It is how you conduct yourself in the face of a problem after the sale, after the trade, or after the purchase that makes all the difference. There are a lot of great head-fiers who have entries in their feedback that note some sort of problem and that it was taken care of and made right. These are the kind of people I will buy from or trade with without reservation. Why? Because I can trust that peson to do the right thing if there is a problem. So trading with people who have a strong sense of fair play is one of my top priorities in dealing with other head-fiers. And I have no time for people that I perceive will do nothing but give me trouble in spite of my good efforts.

--Jerome

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #303 of 412
well, dave has shown his final hand, it seems. darn ;(

yes, the 'mob' has gone too far with threats and harassment. that was NOT called for and I feel bad for the mob mentality that I'm seeing here.

however, that is apples and oranges. the fact that the mob treated you poorly does not give you the right to KEEP the goods, given that it wasn't really an honest trade (by anyone's account).

dave, don't post here anymore. take your bad attitude and LEAVE.

I'll kick in some cash to offset mule's problem as I think it will help him get over this bad situation and show him that not everyone is out for a fast buck at another's expense.

I had hoped dave would seize the opp to show he's learned from this. apparently not. he has quite a lot of maturing still left to do.

let him do it at some other forum, but he should be banned from here, permanently.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #304 of 412
So, you wanna trade W3 for my IE8?

I can promise you, they'll go to a good home

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #305 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is entirely irrelevant to the point of this thread but humor me.

Do share with me how a thread about feminists might eventually get me punched in the face. Perhaps you haven't even bothered to read the thread itself, you've just given the title a cursory glance and drew a conclusion from that.

In any case, back to something more relevant. At this point, I have absolutely NO intention of reversing ANY trade or returning ANYTHING given the things people said before the time frame I gave Mule ever ran out last week for shipping the headphones in the first place.

I most certainly have no desire to ship the W3's back now given the resolution of many of you has been to harass me or what have you.

You all can continue to blame me and make personal attacks if you'd like because it's become very evident that you're going to but I'm definitely not going to acquiesce to your demands especially at this point after everything I've seen written or heard said.

Mule doesn't have his headphones back? That's your fault at this point, as a collective whole, given the absolutely terrible strategy you've employed which is to attempt to publically humiliate someone in order to get them to do what you want. I'm not sure how often that works for all of you but I've found it to be, typically, quite counterproductive and ineffective.

Frankly, I think your smarmy little ass should be banned. This community does not need or want people like you.

--Jerome

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #306 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankly, I think your smarmy little ass should be banned. This community does not need or want people like you.

--Jerome

I like that, smarmy. For the last two days I haven't done anything but reciprocate the attitudes, actions and words of most of the people here.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #307 of 412
I feel sorry for you. This forum is for people who enjoy this hobby, share experiences and knowledge, trade and sell equipment for enjoyment. As such, you really do not belong here if you feel that way.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #308 of 412
dave, one final last time.

the mob mentality was WRONG. it was uncalled for and low-class (truth be told). no one should have harassed you.

that said, the fact that you use that as an excuse for PRIOR bad behavior is just plain wrong.

the 2 are not related and your attempt to link them only shows you simply are in defensive-mode right now. and that is understandable; no one wants to be at the calling card side of an angry mob.

2 wrongs don't fix things.

punishing mule for the mob, here, is just WRONG.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #309 of 412
Quote:

I like that, smarmy. For the last two days I haven't done anything but reciprocate the attitudes, actions and words of most of the people here.

Yeah...that's it. Blame all of us for MM not getting his Westone 3 back. Blame us for your complete lack of ethics and decency. Poor baby...did we frighten you or insult your delicate sensibilities? If you hadn't acted like a prick, you wouldn't have been treated like one.

Now, please go away. You, or anyone that supports what you did, are not wanted here. As a community, we will band together and take care of MM.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #310 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dave, one final last time.

the mob mentality was WRONG. it was uncalled for and low-class (truth be told). no one should have harassed you.

that said, the fact that you use that as an excuse for PRIOR bad behavior is just plain wrong.

the 2 are not related and your attempt to link them only shows you simply are in defensive-mode right now. and that is understandable; no one wants to be at the calling card side of an angry mob.

2 wrongs don't fix things.

punishing mule for the mob, here, is just WRONG.

PRIOR bad behavior? WHAT prior BAD behavior? The fact that I had to delay the shipping of the headphones until the end of a week which Mule KNEW about? I wasn't aware that was BAD behavior.

If you're going to try and list anything else as bad behavior then it couldn't have been from PREVIOUSLY because from page 10 to this current page were all created in the last 24 hours.

Also, you might want to check back to the first five or so pages of this thread. All of those posts were created within the time frame that I had given Mule that I would ship out the headphones. That's BEFORE my updated time frame to him EVER ran out and there's ALREADY a mob mentality.

By the way, I'm not blaming Mule for the mob mentality. I'm blaming the people in the mob for the mob mentality.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #311 of 412
Quote:

Do share with me how a thread about feminists might eventually get me punched in the face. Perhaps you haven't even bothered to read the thread itself, you've just given the title a cursory glance and drew a conclusion from that.

In any case, back to something more relevant. At this point, I have absolutely NO intention of reversing ANY trade or returning ANYTHING given the things people said before the time frame I gave Mule ever ran out last week for shipping the headphones in the first place.

I most certainly have no desire to ship the W3's back now given the resolution of many of you has been to harass me or what have you.

You all can continue to blame me and make personal attacks if you'd like because it's become very evident that you're going to but I'm definitely not going to acquiesce to your demands especially at this point after everything I've seen written or heard said.

Mule doesn't have his headphones back? That's your fault at this point, as a collective whole, given the absolutely terrible strategy you've employed which is to attempt to publically humiliate someone in order to get them to do what you want. I'm not sure how often that works for all of you but I've found it to be, typically, quite counterproductive and ineffective.

FYDave how dare you!!! I have read all of this thread and initially was giving you the benefit of the doubt. After all that happened, you still have the nerve to come post here and act as if you're the victim!! You and your little friend can try as much as you like to argue as eloquently as you like. The fact still remains that you are a downright dishonest individual. You well knew the condition of those Shures, and now you're trying to downplay, that fact by saying that the guy didn't ask about the condition of the earphones. Honest folks wouldn't even entertain the thought of trading goods in such conditions.
And what is this BS that At this point you have no intentions of reversing the trade because folks here harass you. Had you been an honest pal, sent the stuff on time and in a satisfactory condition, None of this would have reached this far. It reallt doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out your intentions. A clear conscience is a good pillow, and I really wonder how folks like you can sleep at night. Gosh man!

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #312 of 412
If he wanted to make good, he would have already have done so, no matter what anyone or anyone else has said or will say. Personal integrity is not directed by others' words or actions, but by one's own conscience and ability to chose right over wrong regardless of how one may feel. He has chosen. That's that. Mule needs to leave detailed feedback, if he hasn't already, and pm a mod with his complaint to see if any further action is warranted.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #313 of 412
Quote:

Stop for one minute and think about this. Look how upset and indignant you appear, all those angry words and bold letters.
Mule is the guy who is out his nice phones and stuck with what you sent him.

If they were really ok, why do you refuse to send them back? I'll tell you what here is one more chance, I will have Mule send me the Shures and I will deliver them to you at a place of your choosing, you won't have to lift a finger or pay a thing. If the Westones look as they should we'll be done. Whadya say?

Yeah the mob thing is wrong, but any community will protect their own!

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #314 of 412
Quote:

I just glanced given the quality of the rest of your threads and your actions here I figure I'd be putting my time to better use doing well... pretty much anything but reading the garbage that has been coming out of your mouth. I think things like that thread about feminists could get you punched in the mouth because it seems to me like if you get yourself on the wrong side of a strong willed woman you're going to get a swift kick in the ass.

blaming everyone who got mad at you for you being a scumbag is just more proof that you should not be on this forum. Sure everybody got mad at you but you were and still are wrong here. Not that it honestly matters anymore because like the selfish little child you've proven yourself to be you're just going to run off.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #315 of 412
I read the whole thread and I'm with linuxworks. There have been some posts which were slightly biased and uncalled for, and really, not quite necessary. But seriously speaking, at any given trade, if either party is not happy, then trading back should be the way to go, unless "All trades final" or something to that extent was quoted before the trade.

But considering this as a hobby site, with a more casual and friendly approach rather than a business and marketplace approach, the resolution should always be cordial, mutual and there shouldn't be a need for a statement like "All trades final" or "Sold as is, buyer beware" or the likes. We are all here for the love of all things Headphones and we buy and sell stuff on the FS forums to try new things out, not to make a business out of it. Dave isn't really a a scammer as such. Dave's just taking this too seriously and instead of a friendly exchange it has ended up like a business transaction. Would you seriously do this to a good friend of yours? If your friend werent happy with something you gave him, wouldnt you try to resolve it by taking it back or fixing it for him? Or would you just say NO, once done is done, you didn't ask me about its condition.

I see no reason for you to refuse sending back the IEM's. I can understand that you might have gotten offended or completely irritated by posts on this thread, but the trade was between you and Mule and if Mule ain't happy, well, the trade didn't go through as expected and the resolution is to simply trade back. This is not a one way street, the trade is successful only if both parties are satisfied with the exchange.

You can always get those Westones later from somewhere else, its not like the only existing model on the planet, so why make things worse by just refusing to fix the problem and reacting to posts on this thread rather than taking matters into your hand and fixing the issue. Its really not all lost here and its still not too late. If there is any other reason why you don't want to send them back, atleast let Mule know and be honest about it.

Just saying "I am not giving it back because Mule never asked me the condition" doesnt help, you are taking advantage of a known member here simply because he didn't ask 20 questions before making a trade, did you really think the community at large will say "OK, yeah its Mules fault, he should've asked" and just let it go when you are still here defending yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back