I've concidered getting a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD but...
Jul 16, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #48 of 265
sound quality is defferent in xp than win 7

so buy Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

and try it in win xp and 7

the sound is deffrent in my realtek in xp and 7

the sound might be better in xp than 7

look make dual boot win xp and 7

and see the sound quality

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #49 of 265
tom2011, do you listen to yourself before you speak or type? Because you're really a joke, a true riot. We should get a comedy department on Head-Fi, you would be a star. It would certainly make some people take the edge off from all the x vs y threads and such, as you have the most exquisite kind of humour. Unfortunately, it has zero content related to what you were asked in the first place.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #51 of 265
The reason I also get interested in buying a more recent soundcard is really due to the higher quality components as even as a huge kX Audio fan and a diehard onboard sound basher/hater I notice with Realtek's very latest chip which my current mobo has, is like very comparable in sound quality when doing a stock vs stock config comparision against my Audigy 2 ZS which wasn't the case some years ago for sure and if even motherboard onboard sound starts to keep up in terms of sound quality then it really starts being time to move on to something more recent, even if the software part is that nice, there's just that far software improvements can go, with very noticably better hardware and maybe not quite as good software I should probably still be able to achieve a far significantly better result. Well I hope so anyway. The EQ is piss-poor on Realtek onboard cards though compared to the one in kX Audio drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS and results more in a sound quality loss if activating it so I hope Titanium HD's EQ won't dissappoint in this aspect at least.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #52 of 265
kx might not support titanium or titanium hd

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/faq.php?language=en#Q15

the website say:

X-Fi is NOT supported and will not be supported.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #53 of 265

Quote:

the website say:

I never said it would either LOL. I was merely speaking of my current Audigy 2 ZS card.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #54 of 265

Quote:

the website say:

Learn to read what RPGWiZaRD wrote before speaking.

Quote:
The reason I also get interested in buying a more recent soundcard is really due to the higher quality components as even as a huge kX Audio fan and a diehard onboard sound basher/hater I notice with Realtek's very latest chip which my current mobo has, is like very comparable in sound quality when doing a stock vs stock config comparision which wasn't the case some years ago for sure and if even motherboard onboard sound starts to keep up in terms of sound quality then it really starts being time to move on to something more recent, even if the software part is that nice, there's just that far software improvements can go, with very noticably better hardware and maybe not quite as good software I should probably still be able to achieve a far significantly better result. Well I hope so anyway. The EQ is piss-poor on Realtek onboard cards though compared to the one in kX Audio drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS and results more in a sound quality loss if activating it so I hope Titanium HD's EQ won't dissappoint in this aspect at least.

Well said :) BTW, you ever considered modding your current soundcard?

And yes, I do agree that along with higher quality components, software plays its part more than one would expect in the past. Obviously, when an onboard audio chip has an EQ that is in effect even when it's flat, there's something awfully wrong there. But being able to directly do system wide changes is quite an advantage.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #56 of 265
For sure, if that was possible it would be the best solution yea. :p It won't happen though.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #58 of 265

Quote:
So, when are you planning on getting it?

Well I'll probably place an order tomorrow so perhaps I'll get it on tuesday if I'm lucky. I can't help but feel getting some ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 vibes every now and then though just because of some of the comments by people that's heard both the Titanium HD and the ASUS card and preferred the ASUS card for music playback (though should be noted with all software processing completely disabled, and I won't probably be using it that way) as I play a lot less games these days and listen more to music than before. But the software worries me about the ASUS cards, the EQ already seems very inaccurate, PITA to adjust. Seems even Creative offers a bit more configurability (not talking about the EQ).

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #59 of 265

Quote:

Well I'll probably place an order tomorrow so perhaps I'll get it on tuesday if I'm lucky. I can't help but feel getting some ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 vibes every now and then though just because of some of the comments by people that's heard both the Titanium HD and the ASUS card and preferred the ASUS card for music playback (though should be noted with all software processing completely disabled, and I won't probably be using it that way) as I play a lot less games these days and listen more to music than before. But the software worries me about the ASUS cards, the EQ already seems very inaccurate, PITA to adjust.

people report xonar card doesnt have bass treble control

some people say the sound is flat

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #60 of 265

Quote:

Well I'll probably place an order tomorrow so perhaps I'll get it on tuesday if I'm lucky. I can't help but feel getting some ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 vibes every now and then though just because of some of the comments by people that's heard both the Titanium HD and the ASUS card and preferred the ASUS card for music playback (though should be noted with all software processing completely disabled, and I won't probably be using it that way) as I play a lot less games these days and listen more to music than before. But the software worries me about the ASUS cards, the EQ already seems very inaccurate, PITA to adjust.

Xonar STX? Meh. In the (unlikely) event you're not satisfied with the X-Fi Titanium HD, you can return it, right? And if you ever decided to get an Asus card, the Xonar STX wouldn't be the smart decision, specially for someone with your sonic preferences, trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back