iTunes 11
Dec 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #18 of 124
I just installed it on W8 and don't have the real estate problem the other posted had.  It fills up nicely but have to say it is a total overhaul.  It's going for a "milkdrop"  visual but other elements are missing.  I can't seem to to view it as a "chronoflow" element yet with the album art only.  In reference to the sound don't know yet, have to sort everything out before my NFB-11.32 gives it some love...

Cheers!!!

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 124
it looked fine after installing it, but after the next reboot it had the problem

i miss the info bar at the bottom of itunes 10, where it showed how many songs, hours, and size
is there any way of getting it back?

Dec 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #21 of 124
I don't know about Windows, but on my MBP I found a major bug. If you go into iTunes store, and search for a song or artist and you get a whole bunch of matches, you can no longer sort any of the categories. I like to sort the list of songs by time so I can find the longest version. Sometimes I sort by popularity, sometimes I like to put the results in alphabetical order. You can no longer do this in the results you get in the itunes store. It used to work in the old version of iTunes. Now you have to scroll up and down to find what you are looking for.   

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 124
Quote:
I don't know about Windows, but on my MBP I found a major bug. If you go into iTunes store, and search for a song or artist and you get a whole bunch of matches, you can no longer sort any of the categories. I like to sort the list of songs by time so I can find the longest version. Sometimes I sort by popularity, sometimes I like to put the results in alphabetical order. You can no longer do this in the results you get in the itunes store. It used to work in the old version of iTunes. Now you have to scroll up and down to find what you are looking for.   

I don't use iTunes to buy music, but in general, I find it lacking when it come to sort order options in the various song, album, artist, genre views. Maybe I'm just spoilt by Foobar.

I do like some aspects of iTunes 11 - the Album view is much more usable than cover flow, and some of the cosmetic changes are nice. Sound quality seems better. BUT, relative to Foobar, iTunes 11 is still laggy - the search is real slow. It sometimes takes a second or two before songs start playing after I click them.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #24 of 124
It's growing on me..lol

No, the borders are fine on my end.  I did like the cover flow though, since I use iTunes for single tracks on shuffle.  Complete albums are tasked to Foobar.  However, I'm liking it especially the mini player.  Tested iTunes Watch Folder and remote app on iPhone as well and all work great on W8....

Cheers!!!

beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #25 of 124
liking the new ITunes 11  here.  I will spend part of the day importing more Cds. I was kind of getting semi-away but now I am back
Playing  via Amarra 2.4 

now if I can only figure out how   to display duplicate albums. anybody?

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #27 of 124
okay, thanks. I have looked all over
frown.gif

That was a very usual feature ,with me always importing cds- project is on and off, this was very useful

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 124
Quote:

I don't use iTunes to buy music, but in general, I find it lacking when it come to sort order options in the various song, album, artist, genre views. Maybe I'm just spoilt by Foobar.

I do like some aspects of iTunes 11 - the Album view is much more usable than cover flow, and some of the cosmetic changes are nice. Sound quality seems better. BUT, relative to Foobar, iTunes 11 is still laggy - the search is real slow. It sometimes takes a second or two before songs start playing after I click them.

I don't use it to buy that many songs either, but I do use it to preview songs. The sort feature was a handy way to find songs, but now it no longer works.

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #30 of 124
A quick read indicated that iTunes 11 have the following features removed:

- Cover Flow
- The de-duper (duplicate file manager)
- iTunes DJ
- Gapless playback editor
- Multiple windows
- Secondary sidebar
- Quick volume control
- Song progress in mini player

For more information, read this: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57556548-37/7-features-apple-killed-off-in-itunes-11/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back