iTunes 11
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #31 of 124
iTunes 11 does sound a tad bit better and I did notice this almost immediately. Thus far it is a great player which I have come to love even more. At first, I despised it. However, after spending time with it, I conclude it being a joy to use. My most favorite feature has to be the new Mini Player, which is a joy to use. So much functionality thrown into it. My most missed feature was being able to display album artwork in the sidebar.

destroysall.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #32 of 124
Quote:
i think they took out the display duplicates feature

Luckily you can still find duplicates using your library file(s) and Automator. Or you can script or buy one of "Doug's Applescripts" your way to sorting dupes. The basic script is to be found all over the interwebs, and is easy to implement.  

NK

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #33 of 124
I never knew about that iTunes DJ feature, but it sounds like it would be really cool so hopefully they will bring that back in an update.  Besides that, the other bug I see is when I click to use the search field the text box becomes larger than the field so it has this ugly white box going over the grey boundary.  Just cosmetic though...

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #34 of 124
The sound should not be any different unless iTunes is either applying a DSP or not sending bit perfect, though I am pretty sure that it automatically sends bit perfect by default on Windows. Unless there is a DSP going on, which I doubt, then any perceived audible differences are just placebo.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #35 of 124
Quote:
The sound should not be any different unless iTunes is either applying a DSP or not sending bit perfect, though I am pretty sure that it automatically sends bit perfect by default on Windows. Unless there is a DSP going on, which I doubt, then any perceived audible differences are just placebo.

Personally, it just feels as if the music is much more spacious then before. However, most of what we discern in terms of sound as individuals is rather subjective, placebo might be all it is.

destroysall.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #36 of 124
I like it but I still have not found out how to convert my ALAC files to wav (still have a few that need doing) .In the previous version one simply highlighted the tracks, went to advanced and selected convert to wav. Tried to do it last night but it would not keep the tracks highlighted which is a pain as in the previous version only the old unconverted tracks remained highlighted after conversion and thus it was easy to delete them all.

So far I have to check each song to see which is wav and which is ALAC, anyone got a solution to this? As to sound, I never listen through iTunes, will have to give it a go! I have over 500 albums so would appreciate being able to make the icons smaller.

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #37 of 124
Quote:
I like it but I still have not found out how to convert my ALAC files to wav (still have a few that need doing) .In the previous version one simply highlighted the tracks, went to advanced and selected convert to wav. Tried to do it last night but it would not keep the tracks highlighted which is a pain as in the previous version only the old unconverted tracks remained highlighted after conversion and thus it was easy to delete them all.
So far I have to check each song to see which is wav and which is ALAC, anyone got a solution to this? As to sound, I never listen through iTunes, will have to give it a go! I have over 500 albums so would appreciate being able to make the icons smaller.

If you are using Windows, Ctrl+J is the command to open up "View Options". Under the "file" category, check mark "kind". This will display the format your music is in.

destroysall.

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #38 of 124
thanks Destroyall, I am on the latest Mac operating system, what would I need to do for that?

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #41 of 124
How about go to Songs up top > View > View Options > File > Kind > then you can sort by Kind and see the WAV files.

Thanks Eee Pee, will give it a go now.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #42 of 124
just tried it and no go, the file and kind option is no longer there from what I can see.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #43 of 124
You know,

I downloaded iTunes 11 and started it up and I instantly thought it sounded better (Bass and Clarity seemed improved to me). At first I assumed I was imagining things and was just having an awesome day but I am not so sure now. 

Either way, I am certainly not complaining.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #45 of 124
Thanks for that, really odd though as my view options is a tiny box, will have another look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back