ITT: We post the first album we bought.
Oct 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

fiewtoid

Head-Fier
So I heard a song on the radio today and it was from the first album I had ever bought. So I got to thinking what is the first album people on head-fi bought with their own cash?

Mine is AC/DC - Ballbreaker (cassette)

41FNWJBDD8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 39
I still remember the album.  I even remember the store I bought it from.

Queen - News Of The World (vinyl)
around 1979ish

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 39

Quote:
I really, really can't remember…geez, that sounds lame.
confused.gif

Not lame just kind sad. Not in a bad way.

Quote:
I still remember the album.  I even remember the store I bought it from.

Mine was in '95 I was 8. I am pretty sure the store was a blockbuster music. How I miss those stores..

I thought this thread would be fairly popular I searched for a similar thread and couldn't find one.

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 39

Quote:
Not lame just kind sad. Not in a bad way.

It weirds me out. Music is such a huge part of my life now, but I used to buy Marvel comics, baseball cards and skateboard accessories with my money when I was young.

My parents were big music fans, and when they stopped bringing the latest music into the house, that role passed to my older sister, who gave me the LP I prized as a teenager: Funkadelic's One Nation Under A Groove. (She had taken me to see Parliament a few years earlier.) I think before 1980, I had seen more shows than I had bought records. And when I started buying, it was generally cassettes, so I had Prince's Dirty Mind, Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True and Trust, the Talking Heads' More Songs About Buildings and Food, the Clash's Give 'Em Enough Rope, Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures and Chic's Risque on tape. It's all a blur as to what came first, though.

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 39
MY mom bought "Meet the Beatles" in 1964, I was 12yrs. old and I was hooked...But I Bought (with grass cutting money) "Introducing The Beatles" on the Vee-Jay Label a month later.....I still have all of my Lps..........Man that was such a long time ago.........I remember walking to buy "SGT. PEPPERS"  I wish she was alive to see my Vinyl Collection and hear my system, that I've accumulated in my 57+yrs...... OH WELL, LIFE GOES ON!!!!

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 39
Thank you all for sharing I enjoyed the stories so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

kjpmkjp & HEARDATBEAT - I had both those issue happen to me on my music endeavours. Made me laugh thinking about them.

9pintube - you're a very lucky person. I wish I had a sweet vinyl collection and/or my music collection from start till now. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 39

Quote:
Thank you all for sharing I enjoyed the stories so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

kjpmkjp & HEARDATBEAT - I had both those issue happen to me on my music endeavours. Made me laugh thinking about them.

9pintube - you're a very lucky person. I wish I had a sweet vinyl collection and/or my music collection from start till now. 
smily_headphones1.gif

haha oh yeah? Which CD did you have to hide?

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #13 of 39
I also remember the store and the seller, who became a good friend thru the years.... Vinyls, for sure.

Kind of funny, since both albuns were the last of the groups, at least with the most famous formation

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #15 of 39
It was a long time ago but these were my first three i believe.  The Beatles was given to me, my uncle worked for Capitol Records, my parents hated Easy Rider but i liked Born to be Wild and The Pusher, and of course the Monkees, i was still a kid.  Funny enough i ended up seeing two of the Monkees on a regular basis years later in two totally different situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back