Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #361 of 401
You'd probably simply loose any filter options and you'd have to trust Kien is going to make a custom shell that does act as his own filter of sorts so his tuning which I trust :)
It wouldn't really be Rah anymore :p

I could include my RAH in Monday’s shipping to Kiên for him to explore converting to custom. If he can’t, just ship it back together with the rest when he completed.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #362 of 401
You'd probably simply loose any filter options and you'd have to trust Kien is going to make a custom shell that does act as his own filter of sorts so his tuning which I trust :)
It wouldn't really be Rah anymore :p
Yes, the tuning options would be gone. This comes down to trust in Kien to keep the tuning signature. I finally settled on Black Lower and Blue Upper and Kien has asked that i send the nozzle filter combo for him to match. So, no, in the strictest sense they wouldnt be RAH anymore but if he can keep the tuning, i think they'll be special. The RAHs are my favorite of all my IEMS. Ive experienced a planar in a closed shell in both the EDP and the Tin P1 and it works really well. The idea of putting that 15mm DD + the Planar + Piezo into a fully isolated custom shell has me more than a little excited.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #363 of 401
OK, it's official, my RAHs just went into the postal system on their way to Kien. I'm pretty excited about this. The Fusions are awesome but I do love Planar Goodness. That big 'ol beryllium DD + Piezo + Planar in the the itsfit custom fit housing should be magnificent. I likely wont see them till mid to end January but I am stoked. Could be end game, we'll see. Actually, who am I kidding? Certainly not myself - there is no end game. Already have my eye on MEST & Volt. But these RAH CIEMs should be sweet.
As I've said before this is a sickness not a hobby.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #364 of 401
Thought I'd follow up with this. I just got a link to the itsfit design catalogue. I'd never seen it before but this could help a few of you make design choices or simply find some inspiration. My first custom with Kien was totally self designed, but this catalogue is really helpful Itsfit Lab Catalogue

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #365 of 401
Looks like I'm in the market for a new cable for my Fusions but I'm kind of bummed about because I actually really like the stock cable. I was out working in the yard with fusions in my ears, player in my back pocket with the 3.5 jack facing up and out of the pocket. I sat down and what i didnt know was the cable / jack had pulled about half way out of the player and I snapped the 3.5 at the tip and toasted it.......

Anyone have a good suggestion of a replacement cable thats as thin & pliable and fits as snugly into the fusion socket as the stock cable?
Can anyone point me to a thread where I can figure out how to reterminate the stock cable? I've never done that before.

Dec 6, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #366 of 401
Looks like I'm in the market for a new cable for my Fusions but I'm kind of bummed about because I actually really like the stock cable. I was out working in the yard with fusions in my ears, player in my back pocket with the 3.5 jack facing up and out of the pocket. I sat down and what i didnt know was the cable / jack had pulled about half way out of the player and I snapped the 3.5 at the tip and toasted it.......

Anyone have a good suggestion of a replacement cable thats as thin & pliable and fits as snugly into the fusion socket as the stock cable?
Can anyone point me to a thread where I can figure out how to reterminate the stock cable? I've never done that before.
I never used the Fusion with the stock cable, but I really enjoy the earphones with the Eletech Prudence, compared to other cables, it increases the resolution and the sound stage, it’s thin and extremely supple.

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #367 of 401
Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard other good things about the Prudence; I'll check it out.

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #368 of 401
Dec 6, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #369 of 401
Dec 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #370 of 401
I remember your review! One of the reasons I bought the first one (Universal), which is the reason I bought the 2nd one (Custom)! Thanks.
Wow, that's great to hear! Thanks and congrats :)

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #372 of 401
Just received an awesome pure silver cable from Nice HCK and can confirm it's a beautiful pairing with the Fusion. I had written a while back that I felt the treble was a little recessed on my CIEMS compared with my universals; well no more. This LitzPS Pro has woken the top end right up. Frankly, I'm stunned at the difference. Cymbals, Maracas, just shimmer and shine while keeping the bass nice and tight with those beautiful mids. It's a stunning cable for $40

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #373 of 401
Anyone done reshelling of Canal Works CIEMs with ItsFit?

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #374 of 401
received_1281773792210820.jpeg
I've found this on facebook ^^ for the one who are hunting Itsfit's sale to buy Fusion ^^
Happy Valentine day!

What about this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back