Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #286 of 401
fantastic design!!!
If i'm not too indiscreet how much did it cost?
The design and shipping, around $850 or so with discount.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #289 of 401
I'm considering to get a custom fit Fusion. Are there any drawbacks of that, or is it better in every aspect compared to the universal version?

Well, the only drawbacks I can think of are that you probably would not be able to let others listen to them (I personally enjoy introducing family and friends to the delights of audiophile gear), plus if you later wanted to sell them, it would be slightly more tricky, although I'm sure you can point them to Itsfit's rightly-praised re-shelling service in that case :)

Meanwhile, in terms of the pros, you can get one of Kien's works of art in terms of shell design (a huge plus!), you may also get an improved seal and hence an enhancement in the quality and quality of bass reproduction and sound overall.
And finally, I would assume, a really perfect fit :)

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #290 of 401
Well, the only drawbacks I can think of are that you probably would not be able to let others listen to them (I personally enjoy introducing family and friends to the delights of audiophile gear), plus if you later wanted to sell them, it would be slightly more tricky, although I'm sure you can point them to Itsfit's rightly-praised re-shelling service in that case :)

Meanwhile, in terms of the pros, you can get one of Kien's works of art in terms of shell design (a huge plus!), you may also get an improved seal and hence an enhancement in the quality and quality of bass reproduction and sound overall.
Thanks for the input. Do you know if they can use 3d scans or only moulded ear impressions? I'm a bit afraid that here in Budapest audiologists won't have much experience with creating moulded impressions for CIEMs, but only for hearing aids... not sure if it makes a difference though.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #291 of 401
Thanks for the input. Do you know if they can use 3d scans or only moulded ear impressions? I'm a bit afraid that here in Budapest audiologists won't have much experience with creating moulded impressions for CIEMs, but only for hearing aids... not sure if it makes a difference though.
yes, they accept 3D scans.

Jul 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #292 of 401
There are a couple of videos on youtube one in particular from 64audio. Get in touch with an audiologist that you are thinking of using and email them the link to the video and ask if it's possible to have that done?

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #293 of 401
My new CIEMS arrived this morning. I loved the universals so much I decided to go CIEM and all I can say is wholey smoke these are a HoleNuthaLevel. I can't believe how good straight out of the box they are. Bass is deeper, they keep the hallmark mids a d the treble is exactly what I have come to expect from that magnetostatic. Totally and completely worth the wait of shipping molds and waiting for finished product.

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #294 of 401
I can confirm that is EXACTLY my experience moving from the universal to the CIEM. The fit a d finish is perfect and the bass is is off the charts in comparison to the universal, and that bass on the universal was VERY satisfying. These customs are HNL.

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #295 of 401
FDD0DE4D-A014-4079-91E5-FDC8591FF470.jpeg

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #296 of 401
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #298 of 401
I'm considering to get a custom fit Fusion. Are there any drawbacks of that, or is it better in every aspect compared to the universal version?
I’ve owned the universal, sold it and went custom. I really like the custom, much more than the universal from memory. You won’t regret it.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #299 of 401
Hmm I emailed itsfit about a re-shell but no response thus far :frowning2: wonder if they're busy
Use Facebook Messenger. Kien is really quick there.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #300 of 401
Hmm I emailed itsfit about a re-shell but no response thus far :frowning2: wonder if they're busy
It's also the weekend over there. Kien works from Hanoi during the week, but travels several hours to a small remote village every weekend to see his family and little daughter.
He'll answer you. He's is a stand up guy with loads of talent and integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back