It's peace!
Mar 31, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #16 of 37
Welp, looks like we put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

I for one am glad. Alright, time to get back to my collector's item. Sigh. Now I need to find someone else to mod it to the new specs... Boy I wish I weren't so lazy and clumsy with a soldering iron... You should shudder to think what I can do with a drill.. Ouch.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by BoyElroy
Yes. Especially the sex part. Or so I hear.

We haven't got around to that, as yet, the logistics make that impossible at this juncture
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 37
Mike,

That's really good news for you (and Jan) and it's fantastic to know that things are resolved. What I would like to see now are apology posts from a few members of the lynch mob. You have got to admit that some members of the posse got a little rowdy, and that was uncalled for.

I am pleased for both of you.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 37
I am VERY interested in looking at the STEP BY STEP instructions for assembling a crossfeed (with the new improved components and circuit topology).

Please make it easy for noobs and hardcore electronics freaks alike
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Yeldarb

What I would like to see now are apology posts from a few members of the lynch mob.

That's really not necessary Brad, let's just get back to what this forum is all about...... our passion for music. These things occur from time to time and it's best to learn from them and not dwell on them.

Mike.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 37
Glad to see you two have made up.
600smile.gif
Just a bit of general advice PinkFloyd, it seems to take offense too easily, judging from this and the gspaudio incident. In the latter, no accusations were actually made; in the former, although anyone would have been angry at the accusation, your reaction seemed a bit over the top given that people hadn't yet settled on a consensus against you.

I don't mean to be condescending and I'm a lousy social guy myself, but it just seemed to me that I might help things along in this forum a bit if I got this off my chest.
redface.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 37
I was wondering what you guys were smoking over there.
eek.gif

I made no post in the previous thread, but found it rather shocking in many ways. It's pretty remarkable to me that you were able to reach a common ground after that whole incident, actually.

My hat is off to you both for being able to do this. Congratulations!

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
Glad to see you two have made up.
600smile.gif
Just a bit of general advice PinkFloyd, it seems to take offense too easily, judging from this and the gspaudio incident. In the latter, no accusations were actually made; in the former, although anyone would have been angry at the accusation, your reaction seemed a bit over the top given that people hadn't yet settled on a consensus against you.

I don't mean to be condescending and I'm a lousy social guy myself, but it just seemed to me that I might help things along in this forum a bit if I got this off my chest.
redface.gif

Yes, us "two" have made up and let's leave it at that can we?

As to taking offence..... I think you would be pretty taken aback to come across that thread with everybody "apart" from Jan Meier questioning your integrity?

People should not be "settling on a consensus" about anybody without being party to any of the facts.

My reaction "was" OTT, I apologised, a solution that will benefit all (not just Jan and myself) has been agreed and as far as I'm concerned that is the end of the matter and there is a ray of sunshine on the horizon for head-fi DIY'ers.

Mr. Bloggs, I read your posts with interest and I respect you but please show the same respect in this thread and accept that the 2 parties involved have, not only, sorted their differences out but have also ensured the DIY community is all the better for it.

If I'm going to be reminded of "every" post I have made to head-fi can someone please remind me of one of the good ones I have made instead of constantly dwelling on the negative aspects.

All the best.

Pinkie.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #25 of 37
hmmmm......

putting the SE back into X-FEED ?

disregard
evil_smiley.gif

glad this worked out for not just the benefit of the two of you but the headfi community in general.these dust up effect everyone and it is time we get back to what is important

AC VS DC Coupling !!!!!!!!!

now THERE is a battle worth fighting !

ooops,wrong forum :rollseyes:

Guess I also made an ignore list !

Wouldn't be the first time
very_evil_smiley.gif

not the last either i am thinking

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #28 of 37
Wow. That was fast.

This is very refreshing.

I've heard of much worse ways of dealing with DIY when it comes to intellectual property.
My favorite is Viacom/Paramount handing out blanket cease and desist suits at a "Trekkie" convention stating that those that made their own costumes and props for display, not selling, were hurting their profits because they could've bought products from them instead of making it themselves.
Regardless of whether or not Viacom/Paramount even offered a "competitive" product.

Yes, sue your customers. A great business model, yes?
rolleyes.gif

I'm just glad you guys annouced this today and not tomorrow (uh, is it tomorrow there? I have my planetary rotation confused.) otherwise we might not believe you too.

-Ed

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #29 of 37
Im glad to hear that everything's been settled between Mike & Jan after their "3 day war"
biggrin.gif
kudos to both for reaching a quick solution to the problem & patching things up.

The only bad news here is that non-diy folks wont be able to get access to this great crossfeed anymore.

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by tortie

The only bad news here is that non-dyi folks wont be able to get access to this great crossfeed anymore.

dyi as in D o Y ourself I n ??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Im surprised...the non-dyi people would be around to listen to this stuff...the dyi people need to see a shrink
cool.gif

Ok im just playin
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back