It's Official: NY Area Meet, November 12, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #91 of 179

Quote:
I'm in & will bring the balance HD650 though I will only be there for a few hours. Can also bring a balanced pair of K-501's if anyone is interested.

Does the K501 benefit greatly with balanced vs SE? I have a K501 in a SE termination.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #95 of 179

Quote:
I'm in.

I hear Doug is contributing his 009's to the auction.  They have less bass than his fave, Beats, so he no longer likes the Stax.

Does this mean your HE90s will be up for auction as well? 
wink_face.gif

At the very least I hope they are going to make the trip. I've been dying to hear them since I read the impressions you had from your last meet.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #98 of 179
Doh. The GF seems to have a long weekend for Veteran's Day, so we'll probably try to go backpacking or something instead. Who knows, maybe we'll get rained out. I might catch a load of flack for leaving her alone anyway.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #99 of 179
I probably can't make it, but it looks like an excellent meet, as usual.  Any Head-Fiers who are on the fence, do yourself a favor and go if only for an hour or two.  Nothing like a meet to really hear for yourself what this stuff is all about and the NYC-area crew is pretty great.

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #100 of 179

Quote:
I probably can't make it, but it looks like an excellent meet, as usual.  Any Head-Fiers who are on the fence, do yourself a favor and go if only for an hour or two.  Nothing like a meet to really hear for yourself what this stuff is all about and the NYC-area crew is pretty great.

Darn, I was hoping you'd make it. I was hoping I'd get to hear your KGSS.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #101 of 179
Hi, I am one of the new kids on the block, and I wanted to notify the appropriate authorities that I"ll be attending the NYC meet on Nov. 12th, and I'll be bringing two or three guests if that is ok. Really looking forward to checking out the Woo WES, and (fingers-crossed) the Blue Hawaii...Thanks.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #102 of 179
Hoping Cavalli Audio will be there with both Liquid Fire and Liquid Lightning.  We have to do some major re-arranging of schedules, but if we can pull it off, we'll be there.  In the meantime, HAVE a BLAST, EVERYONE!  We will try to make it happen. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #103 of 179
Quote:
Hoping Cavalli Audio will be there with both Liquid Fire and Liquid Lightning.  We have to do some major re-arranging of schedules, but if we can pull it off, we'll be there.  In the meantime, HAVE a BLAST, EVERYONE!  We will try to make it happen. 

Hi Brian, hope to see you there!  I'll have my 009 by then, and I'll leave 'em at your table if you can make it.

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #104 of 179
I'll start the bidding of the 009's at $1.00. I hope I win. I know that davederek will raise it to $1.01. Maybe a little sugar in his gas tank will help the sale go more smoothly 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #105 of 179
I am going to try to make it to this one.  If I do I will bring Smeggy Thunderpants some Grados, some Sony, some source and some amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back