It's Official: NY Area Meet, November 12, 2011
Nov 5, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #122 of 179
One week to go!

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #123 of 179
So, now that we are a week away, is anyone interested in driving a carpool up from Manhattan?

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #125 of 179
I'm still in, and a friend will be tagging along.

I'll be bringing a set of HE-5LE Headphones, a Schiit Asgard, and a decent source.

I'm also happy to provide the Silent auction sheets and stuff. If no one else steps up I can also MC the auction.

and consider this a reminder to consider donating stuff the the auction (typical items - CD's DVD's, Computer Stuff, Audio Equipment, audio Accessories, Headphones, used undergarments, what...wait
wink_face.gif
)

Also consider this a reminder to bring CASH. If you haven't been, you'd be amazed by the cool items that have been donated to the auction in the past. (Grado HiFiman and Beyer Headphones, Turntables, Reel to Reel Decks, graphic EQ's, Portable Amps, headphone Stands, Cables, just to list some of the past juicy items)

Vendors and attendees if you know what you'll be donating please post a Brief Description in this thread. With foreknowledge people may come prepared.

I'll post what I'm donating in a day or two.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #126 of 179
Please don't forget to bring CDs and thumb drives with music.  I for one will have my laptop loaded to the gills with source material, but if there's something specific you're into, make sure to have it there!

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #127 of 179
i have some bad news guys!
my cavalli liquid fire amp stopped working,and i need to ship it back to the factory!
also, i have not heard from alex at audeze?
not sure if he is going to make this meet with lcd3s?
 i will bring liquid fire to the next spring meet

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #129 of 179
I'm glad to announce that I'll be attending my first meet. I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, but the timing was never right.

I'll be bringing a few goodies...

Source: MacBook Pro into a Gamma 2 DAC.
Amps: CTH and La Figaro 332C
Phones: AKG K701s, Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohms, and Sennheiser HD650s with Double Helix copper single ended cable.

I might be able to car pool from WIlliamsburg, Brooklyn so please PM me to discuss.

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #130 of 179
I think I can reply to this, but I'm not sure. Decur, sent you two emails in response to your email. Please contact me. It may be simple.

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #131 of 179
Does anyone know the name of the local cab company and their phone number as I might take a cab from our event to a friends house afterwards? 

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #132 of 179
Quote:
Does anyone know the name of the local cab company and their phone number as I might take a cab from our event to a friends house afterwards? 

here's a list of local cab companies, but this is being held at a hotel and there well may be cabs pulling up outside, else the front desk should be able to help you out.
http://local.yahoo.com/NY/White+Plains/Travel+Lodging/Taxi+Services

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #134 of 179
Wow! Lots of people coming.  I just updated the attendees in the first post.

I was afraid things were going to get hectic for me and it's happened.  Tomorrow I leave for San Francisco bright and early and come back Friday night.  I'm going to be bushed but I will be at the hotel before 9 on Saturday.

I also will have to cut out a little early.  I have to take my son to a Cub Scout sleepover so will be leaving around 4:30.  I request that we hold the silent auction at 3:30 so we can be done before I leave and make sure everything is settled.

Speaking of auction, thanks again to Yikes for stepping up. 

It would be great if someone else could step up and make nametags.  If you don't want to make them, just buy the blank "Hello my name is..." ones and a Sharpie.  Anyway, we've had meets without name tags before.  Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back