It's hard explaining to friends/family why you need multiple headphones
Nov 9, 2009 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 154

RichieLitt

100+ Head-Fier
I have Grados now, but am getting Ultrasones soon, and my mom and my best friend are dumbfounded because I already have headphones. I don't understand why they can't comprehend that there are different models just like with cars or other products.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 154
Well of course you need another set of headphones!

Your Grados neither isolate nor do heavy electronica particularly well. Every idiot should be able to realize this
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninkul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask your mom why she has more than 1 pair of shoes or more than 1 bottle of perfume
tongue.gif

Edit: Its not really a "need" per se
tongue.gif
.. we just chose a "non-usual" path to spend money

^agreed. headphones are also better investment than shoes/perfumes because we can resell them.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 154
this is another thread that comes up a lot.

many people have multiple pairs of the same thing. doesn't strike me as odd to have more than one headphone, even if i wasn't in the hobby.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #7 of 154
Does this apply to having more than one girl too?
tongue.gif
Not that I do.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #13 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, better than drugs, and much cheaper
k701smile.gif

my brother, a recovering drug addict, used to use that excuse to explain why he bought expensive sneakers all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^agreed. headphones are also better investment than shoes/perfumes because we can resell them.

Ever heard of Nike exclusives? You could seriously make a living buying and reselling exclusives on eBay.

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 154
To be fair, cars is probably a bad example. Owning multiple cars for yourself would also qualify as confusingly extravagant.

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 154
If the issue ever came up to my face, I would kindly point out that chances are they have one thing they have excessive amounts of, like shoes for example. Each pair I own serves a different purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back