It's Alive! Pico vs. Predator vs. Diablo vs. Xin Reference! South Florida Throw-down!
Oct 29, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #106 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that silver amp in the pic?

Silver Aristaeus.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #107 of 242
Quote:

I believe it's a HeadAmp Aristaeus and the source is a SCD-1. This is guss2's setup

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #108 of 242
Quote:

Hard to tell but that amp might be an Aristeaus.

Looking forward to more impressions from the meet!

Edit: Lol 3x too late.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #109 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was the picture of justin, and the repeated discussion of some random gary that made me comment
smily_headphones1.gif

But no matter where justin gets the work done, the quality of the finish is entirely justin. I know what he goes through to get it
smily_headphones1.gif

I couldn't agree more. The AE-2's and the Pico look and feel great. There is purpose behind the choice of components such as the knobs, and the finish is simply superb. The lettering is underneath the paint. rixtrix/Justin could comment more on what's behind the manufacturing process.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #111 of 242
Alright, since you asked so nicely.
tongue.gif

214214831-XL.jpg

I am posting pics for the first time and am not so sure what it will do for my bandwidth. I'll post larger in the future if this does not turn out to be an issue. Presonally I don't like huge pictures in forums since a) I want to be concious of Head-Fi's bandwidth and b) my pc has a measly 1024x768 screen and it sometimes tears the page open to where I have to scroll horizontally to read a full post. If you are interested in any particular pic, just let me know and I can get you at least a link to it.

Regards,
Markus

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #114 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, since you asked so nicely.
tongue.gif

214214831-XL.jpg

I am posting pics for the first time and am not so sure what it will do for my bandwidth. I'll post larger in the future if this does not turn out to be an issue. Presonally I don't like huge pictures in forums since a) I want to be concious of Head-Fi's bandwidth and b) my pc has a measly 1024x768 screen and it sometimes tears the page open to where I have to scroll horizontally to read a full post. If you are interested in any particular pic, just let me know and I can get you at least a link to it.

Regards,
Markus

Hi

What's the silver amp, 6th from the top?

Thanks

USG

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #115 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

What's the silver amp, 6th from the top?

Thanks

USG

It's the Xin Supermacro 3, circa 2005 or so. It does not have the 4 switches that many of them did. It is also the amp that boomana asked me to ID in her description and ranking, which I forgot to do until now.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #116 of 242
Like everyone has done (and rightly so!), I would like to start by thanking Mike for his awesome hospitality! I would also like to thank Agile_one and Voltron for letting me share the hotel room with them (and to remind them "what happens at La Quinta, stays in La quinta").

I have to say that the most unbelievable part of my weekend was when we were chilling at Tyrion's home and out of nowhere Boomana hands me over control to Agile_one's set up (seen below) which included K1000's. I could not believe that she was just letting me listen to such an amazing set up (which I am now pricing!). I also want to thanks Gene for letting me hook up my ipod to his Rock Hopper amp, it made me realize that I seriously need one!

n640665182_1543079_4109.jpg

I loved Thrice's set up as well, I loved the sound and I thought it was cool how one could control the volume on each side of a headphone independently!

Boomana's gear was amazingly awesome and overwhelming! I enjoyed her selection of music.

I also enjoyed listening to Ray's gear, he had a lot of really awesome stuff that I hope to one day own! He was very courteous to me and even personally swapped out CD's so I get to listen to his amps with different music.

Gosh, so much stuff happened this weekend that it's hard to think back and recap it all right now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One last thing: a few new guys showed up to the party and held their own. As Florida meets are as much or more about friends than gear, it was wonderful to add new peope to that tired old bunch I've been hanging with.

Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, I would like to thank all the folks at the meet, especially Mike, for a fantastic weekend and introduction to the Head-Fi community. It is hard to put in words how wonderful a group of people this is! It was great to meet every one of you, and I hope the future will bring many more events like this one. I was somewhat overwhelmed by the amount and variety of gear present. I constantly had to take breaks to clear my nagen before engaging in the next piece of equipment.

I am uploading pictures right now and I will start posting in the next few hours.

Thanks again to all who attended. I had a great time and it was a true pleasure to get to know you! On to the pics...

I totally agree!

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #118 of 242
Gosh, I don't even know what to say about this meet. I've been to so many meets and probably wouldn't have done a whole lot of listening even if I was in the room all day, but this time I spent a grand total of about 5 minutes in the listening in the room! Sad, but true.

Matt and I drove from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa and back to reunite my truck with my trailer and Atom. We started at 3am on Saturday morning and got back to the meet at about 1:30pm. Too funny because Matt had just flown in from Tampa earlier on Friday evening! It was an interesting little side trip to say the least. Matt snores so loud that you can actually hear it over the roar of a diesel engine at 100mph and the radio at a normal listening level, at least in between songs.

So we got to the meet quite late, and then I gave several people rides for a couple of hours before it started to pour buckets of rain. By the time I made it into the meet room for a cameo appearance well past 4pm everything was shutting down. Gary and his HE90 rig were already gone. Plus at that time I was operating on no sleep for 2 consecutive nights, so I really didn't have the energy to do any serious listening. Sorry about that amp makers and others who kindly brought their gear.

I did listen to the Pico and Predator for about 1 minute each and liked them both a lot, and the same goes for the TakeT headphones, all 3 of which I'd consider buying but I'd need to hear them when I'm more alert and can do some 'serious' listening.

Unfortunately as well, my late and very exhausted arrival meant that I had to skip the after meet festivities which is always at least half of the fun of a Florida meet! But still, it was nice to see everyone again and to have the chance to meet a couple of new people as well. I did manage to get out for a couple of hours at the tail end of Friday night's partying and caught up with Aaron, Vicki, John, Gene, Mike, Al, Ray, etc.

As much of a blast it was with the Atom for the couple of hours of sunshine we had, I suspect that if I had to do it all over again, I would have left it where it was in Tampa and just enjoyed the meet as a full participant. At the national meet, I'll probably bring it for one day and leave it elsewhere for the other days (but I won't have to do the haul to Tampa and back beforehand). Oh well, you live and learn.

Al, Gene, John and Mike (and Ray if you have the guts), I still owe you guys Atom rides. Next time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back