itouch 4G + EQu /Thinking of buying it.
Feb 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #31 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
So the apps still work even with a line-out? If so, that's very cool.

i actually dont know.  i was just assuming...  i hope so :wink:
I wont have acess to my line out for a few weeks though...

any reason you know of that it wouldnt?

I've read that with line-out the volume is taken out of the equation, so I wasn't sure if the same would be true of any type of EQ or not.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #36 of 43

Well I pulled the trigger and bought an ipod Touch 4G, thank you for all your help (and enabling),LOL.

I have both EQu and equalizer apps, and an assortment of camera/photo tweaking apps etc.

So far enjoying it, and the equalizer certainly makes it a different machine altogether.

I will post more soon after I have spent more time with it.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #37 of 43

Quote:

Well I pulled the trigger and bought an ipod Touch 4G, thank you for all your help (and enabling),LOL.

I have both EQu and equalizer apps, and an assortment of camera/photo tweaking apps etc.

So far enjoying it, and the equalizer certainly makes it a different machine altogether.

I will post more soon after I have spent more time with it.

Cool, I think you'll enjoy it....congrats!
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #38 of 43
I haven't been that impressed with EQu.  On my 3Gs it mostly causes the tracks to skip, which I am sure is partly to blame on the older hardware- but still if you are buying an app to improve sound and it skips, what is the point.  Works better on my iPad, but overall I think I just like the sound better - out of both, untouched.

I may use EQu in the car to get a more car-speaker friendly sound.

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #39 of 43
Congrats on your decision, they are a lot of fun to play around with!

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #40 of 43
The Touch is a such a versatile player that's comparable in sound to a J3/SFlo2, Pandora and all the other apps make it a lot more fun to use than those players though.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #41 of 43
Nice - Expat!
Interested to hear your impressions using a LOD and amp as well - especially if there is a lot of difference to your ears?

I've never used an amp before - and unfortunately (with young family) don't have a high budget.  Planning to get a Fiio E7 and LOD in about 6 weeks when I am in the US next.  Seems like a good entry point - and the plus will be having the DAC function for my netbook and desktop as well.

I know (from reading here) that I don't really need an amp either for my current Shure SE420's or my soon to be purchased SRH 840's  - but it will be interesting to see what difference there is.

Enjoy your Touch though - I was quite skeptical at first (coming from a Cowon) - but I'm really enjoying mine now.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #42 of 43

yeah I bought it and later had dinner with a few friends, tried out a few Cowon player X7 (I think) and D3. I didn`t have any regrets.

Also tried some Grados and other headphones.

I found I could just add playlists instead of individual songs whilst playing, I had no skipping last night.
Using the EQ apps really opened up the ipod as a player, it really does seem as though they are wasting their technology by no having an official Apple adjustable EQ.
I really think after using my wife`s 3G iphone and yesterday my ipod touch 4G that these apps are really designed for the latest ipods/iphones to work optimally.

Not sure if I will use my LOD/AMP with it yet, If I bump it - it pauses the song, the connector pins are fairly sensitive.

I`ll experiment more today.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #43 of 43

Well it`s been over a week, very happy with my purchase.

ipod touch 4G> LOD> ibassoT3 (gain 1 on)> ATH-ESW9/UF-10.

I am using EQu app more, it just seems easier and i can notice my tweaks more. 
I am hoping Equalizer app comes out with another update.

The camera: as is known it has low pixels, but does take great cool pics with the Hipstamatic app in bright light ( a retro polaroid style photo).

I haven`t done a comparison with my 5G ipod Video yet, but yeah loving the touch.

Also I can watch AVI videos using another app (divx player) which is a plus.

I am finding itunes very easy to use as well.

*The first few days I had low battery life, but read on the internet to do a restore on itunes, then set up as a new device not using a backup. and yes, good battery life now.
*Also read about airplane mode and turning off spotlight, and notifications etc for a longer battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back