Items paid for never received. Refund promised never
Oct 16, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #91 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you have "hung, drawn, and quartered" a small businessman without hearing the entire side of the story. You've taken your side and made your choice with no real knowledge of the events behind both sides of the accusations. Really? I have? I could've sworn that was my first post in the thread, but hey, if you want to pin everything on me, I guess that's fine.

Umm, excuse me - but you're a hypocrite. You actually accused me and everyone else of crucifying Diles. But you couldn't be bothered to actually read the FIRST post I left, or you would have seen that I made NO mention of Diles at all! So explain how I 'crucified' him please???

Quote:

so that gives you grounding to insult me for expressing my opinion

You did exactly the same thing to me. Did you even read your own post?

Quote:

Some community this website has become, when members are verbally assaulted for expressing a moderate viewpoint

How about when members are verbally assaulted by being called a liar and a con? Does that not count as 'assault' and LIBEL? Or are you only here for the companies and not for the members? Practise what you preach - don't insult other members and then cry when it's your turn.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #92 of 180
In this case I am totally on the seller side, it is very inmature to act like OP done and I also thougth that JDs remarks about the railway was quite funny...

I do however also find that JD has been a bit rude, but sometimes it is better to not do buisiness with a certain individual, I know that because I know a lot of people who has their own shop....

I would like JD to expose KWS on the same way that he was exposed, by showing private mails and so on...

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #93 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Dile's reply to Ivan was very rude. I don't know how the customer behaved to deserve a reply of such bad taste.Maybe John Dile should show up in this thread and give his version of the facts, since the company may suffer a lot for this isolated episode.
Just my thoughts.

Anthony, I agree with you. I wouldn't have bought the Livewires anyway, not because of this - but because I don't need them. But now, based on all the information 'available' I definitely wouldn't buy them just in case the same thing happened. Especially if I'd paid for insured shipping
eek.gif
. . . having said that, if I WAS tempted to buy them a long time into the future - I'd check here first and decide what to do based on more up-to-date feedback. After all, I don't let a bad feedback stop me buying from eBay, provided the majority of it is good.

My major issue here is how any company can be so unprofessional as to tell an unhappy customer to 'walk on the tracks with your headphones on'. And that's what I stated in my first post - plus I was defending the OP on being called a con - that's just nasty.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #94 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this case I am totally on the seller side, it is very inmature to act like OP done and I also thougth that JDs remarks about the railway was quite funny...

I do however also find that JD has been a bit rude, but sometimes it is better to not do buisiness with a certain individual, I know that because I know a lot of people who has their own shop....

I would like JD to expose KWS on the same way that he was exposed, by showing private mails and so on...

The problem is that if a seller writes such a rude email and this is exposed to public, other people will feel like "well, so if I become his customer I could be treated like this". It's a self damaging behaviour.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #95 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally i thought John talking about the railway tracks was quite funny.

BTW he was suggesting that the buyer has got them but pretending he hasnt so he can get them for free. Thats what the railtracks was about.

Thats why he said it. It's called a joke. He wasnt being serious.

HELP!!! Some people are gullable or just lack a sense of humour
plainface.gif

I really wish there's an age restriction on who can join head-fi.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #96 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is that if a seller writes such a rude email and it's exposed to public, other people will feel like "well, so if I become his customer I could be treated this way". It's a self damaging behaviour.

Oh yes my dear friend, I know, But if my company was flamed like LW had been I would not really give a screwk, but that is just me, JD maybe has too much riding on this...

None of us know what JD was replying to when he wrote his rude email, which is a bit unfair...

But there is a risk that it would damage his company, but it has already been damaged...

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #97 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, excuse me - but you're a hypocrite. You actually accused me and everyone else of crucifying Diles. But you couldn't be bothered to actually read the FIRST post I left, or you would have seen that I made NO mention of Diles at all! So explain how I 'crucified' him please???

You did exactly the same thing to me. Did you even read your own post?

How about when members are verbally assaulted by being called a liar and a con? Does that not count as 'assault' and LIBEL? Or are you only here for the companies and not for the members? Practise what you preach - don't insult other members and then cry when it's your turn.

Have you read my post? Who have I attacked? I've said that none of us are in a position to judge, none of us have all the facts, and ultimately it doesn't matter what we think. Who have I insulted?

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #98 of 180
I really hope John can get back sooner or later so that he can give us a fully version of the whole story and and put this to an end...

I think he needs to answer a lot of questions...

and I think a apoplogy from him a resonable after such a rude mail...especially from a company.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #99 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you read my post? Who have I attacked? I've said that none of us are in a position to judge, none of us have all the facts, and ultimately it doesn't matter what we think. Who have I insulted?

You said I was 'happy' to crucify Diles in response to my first post when I had never even mentioned him. I consider that an 'attack'.

I also felt obliged to defend the OP as I felt that being called a liar and a con was unjust. And to be honest, if I ever found myself in his position, I would really hope the members here didn't accuse me of stealing the headphones and 'conning' the company.

Anyway, enough said now. This is not a constructive way to keep a thread going. Everyone's biting everyone's head off and it's got out of hand. So how about letting it go and agreeing to disagree without any more insults? One bad feedback isn't going to finish off the company anyway - there are still several positive reviews about the customer service. There's no history of bad feedback, and I doubt any permanent damage has been done.

But the continuation of attacks, insults and accusations being made here against both the OP and the company, (and each other!) are now just serving to keep the negative atmosphere 'alive' for longer.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #100 of 180
At the end of the day, I still believe these are the issues:

1. Did OP ask for express insured shipping?

Yes- OP (with supporting email). No answer- Livewires.

2. Was OP charged for express insured shipping?

3. Was item shipped out express insured shipping?

No- OP. No answer - Livewires.

4. Was OP promised refund?

Yes, but rudely - OP. Yes (in the form of initial email posted by OP)

5. Was refund issued?

Partial, only after a month and after posting here- OP.

6. Did OP receive item?

No- OP. Yes- Livewires (no supporting document)

The issue still lies with whether the item was shipped as per instructions and paid for by OP. If it was, whether the Op received the item, or the item got lost/ stolen, becomes immaterial, as both parties would be covered.

John Diles' two emails actually made a bad situation worse. There was no accountability, and if you read the first email, he made the first threat to post the emails here: " We will have no choice but to defend ourselves by posting your poorly written ramblings on Head-Fi for all to see".

OP one upped him by doing exactly that, both Livewires' and OP's. Not sure if it's complete but John Diles can happily correct me by posting all the emails here.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #101 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the end of the day, I still believe these are the issues:

1. Did OP ask for express insured shipping?

2. Was OP charged for express insured shipping?

3. Was item shipped out express insured shipping?

No- OP. No answer - Livewires.

Gonna comment on this point, OP bought through TTVJ, which is where EMS was offered/paid for. It's possible that the info wasn't communicated between TTVJ and EarPeace, and if it's SOP for EarPeace to ship via standard USPS i can see why EMS wasn't used.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #103 of 180
I'm curious as to where 1012007 went. I want to hear John's side of the story. (since he apparently he's the only one John's communicating with)

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #104 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People are still defending Livewire?
blink.gif

It's impressive, defending someone who tells their customers to go kill themselves...

plainface.gif

EK

This thread (and the other one) have been a total witch hunt imo, with people all too happy to jump on the bandwagon with pitchfork and burning torches at the ready. I won't say that John's comments didn't surprise me, and i wouldn't have put things in such a way if i was in his position, but i suspect there's more to this saga that we have been told by the OP. I work in a small family run business, and it does sometimes become apparent that some customers are more trouble than they are worth, which i'm guessing EarPeace have found out. Our standard response is along the lines of, "sorry, we are unable to offer the level of service you require (at the price we're charging you)."

I'll reiterate, my dealings with John and Andrew at EarPeace have been first rate and professional, and would recommend them based on my experiences.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #105 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon G. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious as to where 1012007 went. I want to hear John's side of the story. (since he apparently he's the only one John's communicating with)

Bed probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back