Items paid for never received. Refund promised never
Oct 16, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #76 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathklok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And where do you and everyone else get off crucifying Diles over circumstances which you have only learned about from the OP, and I'm certain he isn't presenting a fair and balanced viewpoint.

Get your facts straight. Read my post. I haven't 'crucified' anyone. But any company who tells a customer to wear his 'stolen' headphones and walk on the train tracks - deserves to have that made public, regardless of anything else. The majority of Head-Fi members are not ignorant and can make up their OWN minds what to think. Crucifying a member by calling him a liar and a con is not really in the spirit of this community is it?

You have hung, drawn and quartered another member despite the fact he was short-changed in his refund, can PROVE they did NOT ship via the method he PAID for, and received rude and unprofessional e-mails from a company who have treated him like a nuiscance from the start.

If you ever order headphones -pay extra for insured shipping, and they don't show up - don't expect any sympathy here will you????? Maybe people will call you a con and a liar too - see how you like it.

NO company should ever respond like Livewires have. It's inexplicably bad behaviour.

Quote:

If I were a Mod

Well, every cloud. . .

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #77 of 180
I dont get why everyone is against John.

Wow maybe (possible) 1 bad incident and now everyone has takes Ivan's side.

Fair enough if you all know him well but you dont. People are just assuming stuff.

I am basing my knowledge on Ivan's posts and a numer of (20+) emails i have received from John about this topic.

I think mods should del every topic and post about livewires.

John also said that his trade has had no impact from this incident.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #78 of 180
well may be you should share some of those emails, since he have been ignoring my 10+ emails from last week. and if he have time to reply to emails from you, may be he should say something on this thread as well.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #79 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fair enough if you all know him well but you dont. People are just assuming stuff.

I am basing my knowledge on Ivan's posts and a numer of (20+) emails i have received from John about this topic.

1. You are absolutely right. People are assuming stuff (both ways, I might add) based on what the OP presented. Only thing we've seen from John Diles is his email asking the OP to take a walk on the train tracks- joke or not, those emails of his are just plain rude, to say the least.

2. You stand up for John because you consider him a friend (?). Fair play to you. I don't think anyone else has a personal stake in this.

3..They did delete this lively discussion from the member's feedback forum.

4. If John Diles feels his trade does not suffer, good for him and Livewires. Perhaps that might explain the arrogance of the emails. I would have looked at the potential trade that may be lost, but then again, that's me.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #80 of 180
eggosmile.gif
soozieq

Ill think ill pass on being a mod.

I have been on the pc enough tonight!!

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #81 of 180
Quote:

You know we really don't know every single detail that happened in this case. Maybe something else happened and John just didn't want to bother to post/defend himself, I think everyone has already said what needs to be said. But what I don't get is why you are being such a livewire fanboy, not of the product but of John and the company itself. is Livewire paying you, do you work there, or maybe are you related? John telling Ivan to walk down the railroad tracks and you just brushing it off as a joke too, if your gonna try to defend John you could atleast do a better job...

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #83 of 180
I have had one or two ebay disputes over small things but never of such scale as this.

It just goes to show how careful one must be.

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #84 of 180
Quote:

No i dont work there or anything but i have talked to John a lot recently and i know most of the story, more than just readers of Ivan posts know about the case

That's the problem isn't it? You just have John Diles' side of things. Ok, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you enlighten the rest of us with John Diles' version of things?

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #85 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get your facts straight. Read my post. I haven't 'crucified' anyone. But any company who tells a customer to wear his 'stolen' headphones and walk on the train tracks - deserves to have that made public, regardless of anything else. The majority of Head-Fi members are not ignorant and can make up their OWN minds what to think. Crucifying a member by calling him a liar and a con is not really in the spirit of this community is it?

But you have "hung, drawn, and quartered" a small businessman without hearing the entire side of the story. You've taken your side and made your choice with no real knowledge of the events behind both sides of the accusations.

Quote:

You have hung, drawn and quartered another member despite the fact he was short-changed in his refund, can PROVE they did NOT ship via the method he PAID for, and received rude and unprofessional e-mails from a company who have treated him like a nuiscance from the start.

Really? I have? I could've sworn that was my first post in the thread, but hey, if you want to pin everything on me, I guess that's fine.

Quote:

If you ever order headphones -pay extra for insured shipping, and they don't show up - don't expect any sympathy here will you????? Maybe people will call you a con and a liar too - see how you like it.

NO company should ever respond like Livewires have. It's inexplicably bad behaviour.

You make these statements without any knowledge as to what kind of things KWS has said to Diles. We have no record of his e-mails because John Diles has still taken the high road of not posting them. But again, you've jumped right to the conclusion that Diles is wrong, and the customer is right. We have no proof either way, so there is no point in further debate on this forum.

Quote:

Well, every cloud. . .

And all this does is make you look like a horse's ass. Some community this website has become, when members are verbally assaulted for expressing a moderate viewpoint I would question how much longer it will continue to exist. It's the elitists who ruin the experience for everyone else. Your opinion clearly must be more valid than mine, so that gives you grounding to insult me for expressing my opinion

However, since you have clearly misunderstood why I would close this thread, let's reiterate it in as clear English as possible: I would close the thread to protect the liability of the forum. If Diles is as horrible as you all think he is, then why would he not sue Jude, or potentially members of the forum for posting unsubstantiated slander on the internet? His reputation, and therefor his company's is clearly being damaged, which threatens his livelihood, more than enough ground for legal action in modern America.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #86 of 180
Quote:

No i dont work there or anything but i have talked to John a lot recently and i know most of the story, more than just readers of Ivan posts know about the case

and how often have you talked to the op?

diles' opinion on the subject is painfully apparent. based on his responses, i doubt that he has an objective point of view. perhaps you should entertain the possibility that there might be another side to the argument, and form opinions based on the whole picture.

calling diles' response "funny" and cajoling others for not having a sense of humor also insults the intelligence of other members who know how to read and see a more malicious underlying message.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #87 of 180
Quote:

maybe you should stop posting in this thread until Mr Diles or you has some proof to back up what you are saying. You seem to think that you are defending John and his company but in reality you are blowing a lot of hot air and reinforcing the negativity felt towards him by a lot of people reading this thread. Judging by your posts you have no idea what it takes to run a business or how to deal with customers.

Whoever's fault it may be, I am also kind of shocked that the OP received the response he did. Thats the kind of response I'd expect from an immature child. Not a very smart business move either. Even if you feel you haven't wronged anyone, there is something called tact... To make a ridiculous comment like that you have pretty much destroyed your companies reputation and given a very clear glimpse of what to expect from you when things go sour.

To the OP- if you were wronged then you have every right to make your case. I can't believe some people are suggesting censorship or deleting the feedback thread since your refund was issued. The point of feedback is to document bad experiences with sellers, and I'd consider this a very bad experience. True you were refunded in the end, but you got the runaround and potential buyers should beware.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #89 of 180
so far, we might have only recieved KWS 's mails and a reply by John...

if the mails were somehow incorrect, should John speak up and let us know?

so far, what i have seen is that KWS has done his best trying to get his product requested via an insured mail. But his livewires got shipped via a cheap mail and unfortunatly got lost. There is no doubt that it is Livewires's fault. Yet John reply with such poor manner and said it was a joke!?

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #90 of 180
I think Dile's reply to Ivan was very rude. I don't know how the customer behaved to deserve a reply of such bad taste. Though, it's sad to see that a company which offers a good product like the Livewires is receiving a terrible publicity that has nothing to do with the quality of the earphones. Maybe John Dile should show up in this thread and give his version of the facts, since the company may suffer a lot for this isolated episode.
Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back