Items paid for never received. Refund promised never
Oct 16, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #46 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Diles's replies to his customer prove he is a rough man.
Truly classless.

Did you just register here to badmouth John Diles?
blink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #47 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you just register here to badmouth John Diles?
blink.gif

You're right. I come to badmouth .... those who deserve to be badmouthed.
rs1smile.gif

Please don't distract the discussion here. Cheers.

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #48 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right. I come to badmouth .... those who deserve to be badmouthed.
rs1smile.gif

Please don't distract the discussion here. Cheers.

lol, all your posts are in this thread and all you're doing is fanning the flames.

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #49 of 180
Hopefully I would not become a target of attack. In my view John Diles was doing absolutely wrong in this case. I just feel I need to speak out justice for the poor customer. I just drop by and find this thread. The fact that I'm a newbie should not discredit my participation. Right?

I shut up my mouth then...

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #50 of 180
frankly I am on the side of the customer.What happended was negliegence form the part of live wires.But however do we really need this thread to go on any further.We have enough and more opinions here.I am sure John does not post the mail in perosn and who ever might have done it either would have tried to pocket some money or might have made a mistake.but seriously going by what I see the only mistake John has made is lack of control over his temper .
But we have to undersntad her eis a man who is running a small business god alone knows the issues he faces .No one knows what his mental state is while he sent the mail.Since he has given the refund(short of the shipping though) Its high time we close this topic rather thna crucify a man and the business which probabaly ensures his daily survival.
I have seen alota ppl who make brillant products and provide absolute value for money but they have very bad ppl skills .So we just goto take it in our stride and either avoid doing business wiht them or be a bit more patient .Othe rthna the main post I dont see any post over here where any one mentions there experince bad or good wiht live wires .All the seem to be dojng is venting there anger out on a commercila institutation .But what the fail to see is this is not some giant corporation but a small one man show .

So to finish it John has leanrt his lesson and lets leave it at that,he is a man and like any one of us prone to errors.

Augustine

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #51 of 180
i believe there are still a lot of people who believes kWS had the earphones, but from the tracking number indicated on usps, LC717169659US, the package is stuck in the US, ca, so then it would be the responsability of John Diles to find out what is wrong instead of accusing KWS for getting the headphones, unless he have any legit prove on the package being in hk and received. the point is john dile should be thankful to KWS for even paying extra for a insured mail service, it is Dile's fault for even taking KWS's extra money and sent the phones using uninsured cheap mail. Oh BTW for those who didnt know, KWS has indeed indicated that he received the refund, which is fine. but the problem is John Diles seem to have a lot of explainations to do about the mailing issue, what he said on the feedback forum about telling KWS to walk down the railroad track is totally unacceptable given he have no basis about KWS receiving the headphones in the first place. And Dile, STOP IGNORING MY PM's AND EMAILS, I KNOW YOU ARE ONLINE ON HEADFI YESTERDAY, SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE U DOING THERE? WHAT ARE U HIDING FROM US?

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #52 of 180
He is away at the moment. I emailed him and he said he is on the way to the airport!

He left yesterday. Dont know when he will be back.

Also KWS received a refund so can he plz change the thread title.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #53 of 180
YourKungFuisStrong.jpg

Muwhahahaha!
blink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #54 of 180
Well hopefully Livewires are reading this thread and taking notes.

I too feel from the limited and erratic information we here at Head-Fi have been presented with that the customer is right and Livewires wrong.

The general tone even in the threads we have seen show Livewires in a bad light. What sort of company would even jokingly say go walk on a train line? Especially when it is very evident that the customer does not have a great grasp of English.

If I were the overseas customer who had paid for an insured expedited delivery and nothing turned up I'd be seeking a full refund. If the iem's did eventually arrive then I'd either refuse the delivery or if that was not possible ask the company to cover the return postage. After all they did not complete the contracted deal - so why should I be out of pocket.

I had contemplated buying a pair to try - to compare with my ACS T2s and to be able to recommend them to other UK folk if asked for reasonably priced customs. But given the possibility that they went astray I'd hate to be on the receiving end of such a customer service.

The only cause to smile about this whole affair is the thought of some rogue postal worker trying to fit them in his/her ears.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #55 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only cause to smile about this whole affair is the thought of some rogue postal worker trying to fit them in his/her ears.

Personally i thought John talking about the railway tracks was quite funny.

BTW he was suggesting that the buyer has got them but pretending he hasnt so he can get them for free. Thats what the railtracks was about.

Thats why he said it. It's called a joke. He wasnt being serious.

HELP!!! Some people are gullable or just lack a sense of humour
plainface.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #57 of 180
would it be funny if the comment is directed to you instead? the point is through the tracking number it is still in US, Ca, so John must have some problem attaching the proper documents or imformations along with the package. it is dile's responsibility to check with the USPS then. good job for him wasting time being online yesterday and the day before telling the customer to walk down the railroad.....

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #58 of 180
My understanding is that the buyer asked and paid for express shipping but Livewires shipped regular post, hence the phones either did not arrive or got lost. This is the main issue. This saga has been going on since early July.

He was then promised a refund from the initial rude email but never got one, so after waiting for over a month with no replies to his emails, he posted here beginning of October asking for help.

After two weeks on the forums, he finally got a partial refund, and then John Diles decided not to let the matter rest, and posted his second example of brilliant customer service.

As I said in an earlier post in the main forum, if there is proof that he did receive them, let Livewires post the proof for all to see, so all accusations can be laid to rest. But they can't, can they? Because they made the initial mistake of mailing regular shipping while charging the customer express insured, which the customer asked for. The phones are "somewhere" (maybe stolen, maybe lost, not unheard of for those of us who ship items often). They then accuse him of fraud.

I don't believe for a moment anyone here is trying to "blackmail" Livewires. There are enough people here who love their Livewires, and by their admission have received exemplary service from the company. They are all on the main forum.

However, in this instance, Livewires was less than "exemplary". Why? Who knows? Maybe this service is only reserved for HK customers with "poorly written" (initial email) English.

However the proof, as they say, is in the pudding, and the two emails from John Diles, coupled with the amount of time this has dragged on, and the initial mistake which they refuse to take responsibility for, has left a sour taste in my mouth, and I will keep my $249 in my pocket. 'nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back