Items paid for never received. Refund promised never
Oct 16, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #31 of 180
One of the main factor to gain good reputation of a company is from customer service. Even your product is well worth to buy. In a way to treat a customer like this. This company is definitely out of my list. I can't imagine how you provide after-sales service with its attitude if one international buyer has its problem with your CM.

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #32 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm naturally suspicious myself but if anything Livewires left themselves open by not shipping EMS. Secondly, if negative feedback is called head hunting then so be it.

I agree with the Shipping ems totally. since this person has received money back he has not edited his original feedback as of yet stating that in someways LW has done something to relieve the issue. also when the person states blatantly out right "I would try to make more people know this issue" just reeks of a scam to me.

What his is going to let people know? the company gave him his money back even after he posted private emails in a feedback post as a way to black mail the company into going his way instead of working it out as an adult.

the feedback thread should be taken down on the point the issue is resolved.
if this person really expects to get his money back for the molds then he shouldn't look at LW for this. also the company did not have to give him anything back, name me another iem custom that would be willing to after you order...

I agree with diles reply only from what i seen in the feedback thread posted by the op, it has scam written all over it..and now the money has been refunded yet its still up just shows the op's intentions..at least that's what i read off it.

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #33 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with the Shipping ems totally. since this person has received money back he has not edited his original feedback as of yet stating that in someways LW has done something to relieve the issue. also when the person states blatantly out right "I would try to make more people know this issue" just reeks of a scam to me.

What his is going to let people know? the company gave him his money back even after he posted private emails in a feedback post as a way to black mail the company into going his way instead of working it out as an adult.

if this person really expects to get his money back for the molds then he shouldn't look at LW for this. also the company did not have to give him anything back, name me another iem custom that would be willing to after you order...

I agree with diles reply only from what i seen in the feedback thread posted by the op, it has scam written all over it..and now the money has been refunded yet its still up just shows the op's intentions..at least that's what i read off it.

But shouldn't John Diles apologize?
mad.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #34 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reply from John at Livewires
"Ivan,

It seems that you made it your life's mission to attempt to cause harm to my company. You have been fully refunded your money by us through Todd the Vinyl Junkie, one of the most respected names at Head-Fi. We shipped your Livewires in good faith to the address you specified. They have not been returned to our office. If Todd suspected that we defrauded even one of his clients, he would drop us from his product line immediately. We're still proud to be on his front page. I am very sorry that some of my personal emails to you were viewed as rude. Had I known that they would be published here at Head-Fi, I would have written them exactly the same way. I feel that it is highly likely that you have defrauded my company and have both a refund and a shiny new set of Livewires in your ears. Short of hiring a photographer to capture you wearing your now complimentary set, we're stuck. Here's a solution to this mess, Ivan; turn them up real loud, make sure that they are properly sealed and take a nice walk down some railroad tracks. Just kidding, Ivan. That would be dangerous. If there is anything more than a refund that you feel that we need to do to recompensate you, please let me know. Be careful, though. I might just post it here at Head-Fi."
John Diles
Livewires

for what it's worth, this was mr. diles response in the aforementioned thread.
i have no connection to the op or the company, but i quote this letter in full because i find it so appalling, and feel that others might be interested in knowing what type of response to expect if they don't receive their item from livewires.

wow.

Man. I can understand that with small companies the owner tends to be much more involved in the process than with larger companies, but that's still a bit much.

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #36 of 180
Quote:

If the buyer opted not to use registered/insurance and the item was lost, I totally agree that it's not the company's responsibility since buyer didn't wanna pay for insurance anyway.

But in this case the buyer paid for insurance, and the item was sent without insurance, so for this the company should be responsible for the loss. If what the original poster said was true (he paid for insurance but the item was sent without), then no matter what, the company is at wrong here.

I think the reason for the strong email from seller was because he felt that he was scammed (got the IEM and refund), but I think in this case, the IEM may actually lost in transit (stolen by custom or whatever).

That's why for international shipment, I always prefer using a service that I can track online and insured all the time.

But this dispute may not only harm the reputation of the company, but on the other hand it may actually make sellers hesitate more in shipping internationally especially to countries where the customs might be a bit suspect.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #37 of 180
Quote:

For what?
having his emails made public and used in blackmail against him?
I am glad he replied with that, cause there are two sides to the story and by his words you can get a good version of how he feels the issue really went down.

For his offensive saying and rude manner in his replies to his customer. It's that simple.
By the way, I think you should be careful with the wordings you use. How do you know it is a case of "blackmail"? Are you working in LW and having some information about the case? If so, please share.
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #38 of 180
I almost bought a pair of Livewires and I'm glad I didn't. Having started a couple of small consumer companies myself, I know two things. 1) How you treat the small customer is everything, and 2) If you're not careful, especially with the small customer, you will take a beating on chat boards. And to a small business, word of mouth/chat board activity is critical. Diles seems to know this, but has the arrogance to not give a damn.

Put your earplugs in and walk down a train track?!! On my worst day, I've never considered responding to anyone that way. Not even in private. To do so in public invites PR damage that Livewires clearly doesn't care about now. But if they keep up that behavior, they will later.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if KW is right or wrong. The owner or CEO of a company is supposed to take the high road. Post a professional public message and be done with it.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost bought a pair of Livewires and I'm glad I didn't. Having started a couple of small consumer companies myself, I know two things. 1) How you treat the small customer is everything, and 2) If you're not careful, especially with the small customer, you will take a beating on chat boards. And to a small business, word of mouth/chat board activity is critical. Diles seems to know this, but has the arrogance to not give a damn.

Put your earplugs in and walk down a train track?!! On my worst day, I've never considered responding to anyone that way. Not even in private. To do so in public invites PR damage that Livewires clearly doesn't care about now. But if they keep up that behavior, they will later.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if KW is right or wrong. The owner or CEO of a company is supposed to take the high road. Post a professional public message and be done with it.

totally agreed!

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #41 of 180
My thoughts....

Livewires made the mistake in the first place. They gave the customer the option to ship via international-EMS, they made the mistake by not doing so. Livewires are therefore responsible for anything that gets lost in transit. It is not unreasonable for the customer to require a refund.

Im not going to comment on the "soap opera" between the 2 parties.

IMHO the OP does however owe it to head-Fi to update the feedback thread... they did finally refund at least part of the sellers payment.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 180
Quote:

I read this as nothing more then a few people trying to scam a business by posting private emails and such.

Though I don't understand this fully.
KWS had a problem and the problem was fixed eventually by the company. yet we still see private emails posted and the people involved stating out right..
"I would try to make more people know this issue" when in the same reply the person states the company has refunded his money back...

head hunting from a few peeps who can take the advantage is all...

i hope you're not referring to me here, as this response by diles was posted for public viewing in his own feedback thread, and was not a private email.

furthermore, jumping into the fray with unsubstantiated accusations of 'scams' without any evidence or inside knowledge certainly would make yourself guilty of "head hunting," no?

from MY reading, the op requested and paid for insured and tracked shipping. livewires failed to do this. surely they must shoulder the responsibility if the item goes missing. if they don't take into account the possibility that the postal service and/or customs is prone to screw ups or the occasional taking of liberties, they don't know enough about the business they are in, imo.

a "businessman" that wishes ["jokingly" or not] physical harm to a customer, while making wild and possibly slanderous and defamatory accusations about said person is beyond the beyonds.

classless.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #44 of 180
Quote:

The reasons behind why i would like to make more people know this iisue are the followings:
1.To share what i have experienced
There is no doubt that this lounge is designed for members to share whatever they face and seek for help when something go wrongly.Now,i would just like sharing my unlucky experience and release my bored mood.

2.To give a reference for other people
Everyone wants things go smooth.In fact,my story can give a reference for othe people who interest in someone's products and also provides a certain level of preparation that they may face such situation.The most importantly,providing some methods to solve it asap.

3.To strive for what i should have
I only got part of the money while they promised me a full refund.However,besides the full refund,i also suffer from a rude reply with somehow "personal attack"by the Livewires.I couldn't help feeling astonished for a company treating their customers like this.It absolutely makes me to convey my unlucky experienced and strive for a fair treating and the most importantly ie. Apology
Giving back the money does not represent the end of the problem but we should cut the root of the problem and learn for it.Improvement is crucial for every company,especially for the new-established company.

Thank you.
Ivan

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #45 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the buyer opted not to use registered/insurance and the item was lost, I totally agree that it's not the company's responsibility since buyer didn't wanna pay for insurance anyway.

But in this case the buyer paid for insurance, and the item was sent without insurance, so for this the company should be responsible for the loss. If what the original poster said was true (he paid for insurance but the item was sent without), then no matter what, the company is at wrong here.

I think the reason for the strong email from seller was because he felt that he was scammed (got the IEM and refund), but I think in this case, the IEM may actually lost in transit (stolen by custom or whatever).

That's why for international shipment, I always prefer using a service that I can track online and insured all the time.

But this dispute may not only harm the reputation of the company, but on the other hand it may actually make sellers hesitate more in shipping internationally especially to countries where the customs might be a bit suspect.

agree!

and how can the company answer like that...in public!
what kind of customer service is this!?

"Here's a solution to this mess, Ivan; turn them up real loud, make sure that they are properly sealed and take a nice walk down some railroad tracks. Just kidding, Ivan. That would be dangerous. If there is anything more than a refund that you feel that we need to do to recompensate you, please let me know. Be careful, though. I might just post it here at Head-Fi."

That just rude!!
It felt a bit like black mailing to me...(maybe i m too sensitive...)
anyway, by saying "just kidding" is not funny...i suppose most of us got the point=,="

on the other hand, just money back is not important...
after all the incovient coursed, i would expect appologise! (yet he felt not a bit sorry==)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back