ITALY IS WORLD CHAMPION
Jul 11, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #78 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
or can be looked at it like this...
Zidane was their best PK person on the unit (i.e. he scored their only goal), and if he was still in the game, the lineup and time would have been different...so the timing and PK's would have been very different, and the guy whom missed his PK for France, may not have been in the lineup to even kick if Zidane hadn't been tossed out of the match...

Ermm did you see Zidanes penalty he took in the first half?

Jul 11, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #80 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89

yes I did...and not a fan of the France, was actually pulling for Italy, and certainly not looking for any trouble here, just was saying that Zidane is a great position player that does well in the PK's too..

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #81 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89

that was a fantastic PK from Zidane. he must have b***s of steel to kick the ball like he did in the final.

Jul 12, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #82 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
"doing his job giving hell"

see, my idea of a footballer's job is to outplay the opposition, although I guess you could say he outplayed Zidane mentally, but I don't think that a footabller's job is to yell insults throughout the game.

I dont say racist comments but soccer is a mental game as well. In our games you try and find the weak link among the team and take him out mentally.

If you are out mentally you might as well be sitting on the bench.

Jul 12, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #83 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
that was a fantastic PK from Zidane. he must have b***s of steel to kick the ball like he did in the final.

Totti is famous for that kind of kick. It's called "il cucchiaio" (the spoon). I agree that it takes a lot of b...s to do something like that in the World Championship final, but He almost missed.
If you remember the PK of Totti in the match Italy vs. Australia, italians were scared ****less that He would try to do that, but for the peace of everybody He didn't (Lippi, Italy's coach, was praying that Totti wouldn't do it).

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #84 of 93
Quote:

agreed,
and a forehead of steel too!!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #87 of 93
Quote:

Balls of steel or stupidity! It went in off the crossbar and bounced out from behind the goal line,he was lucky that it was even confirmed to be a goal.He didnt even know himself if it was going to be awarded,he had to look over his shoulder a number of times before he celebrated.

Fantastic? Definitely not more like chancing your arm.Look at all the penaltys the Italians took,perfection,struck with power and accuracy as were most of the French penaltys ,bar one of course and if you include Zidanes two.

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #88 of 93
In relation to Zidane's headbutt, the FIFA Disciplinary Commitee opened proceedings against Materazzi, and both players have been called to attend a face-to-face hearing on the 20th. It's been rumored that FIFA may ultimately impose a harsh punishment on Materazzi, maybe disallowing Italy's World Cup win. (NEVER!!!) The president has also hinted that it may even allow Zidane the Golden Ball award.

frown.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #90 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo_
I dont say racist comments but soccer is a mental game as well. In our games you try and find the weak link among the team and take him out mentally.

If you are out mentally you might as well be sitting on the bench.

I dont think that ZZ was out mentally, i just think it shows the disrespectful mentality that the Italian football team will use to win a game. I doubt ZZ is going to do something so dumb in his last professional game if he wasnt provoked in terms beyond the respect that most professionals in the game show for each other. I will always remember ZZ for being one of the most skillfull and fair players of the modern era of football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back