ITALY IS WORLD CHAMPION
Jul 9, 2006 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

KtoEto

100+ Head-Fier
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great joy!

We just returned the favour to France. Italian players must have been practicing PKs like crazy.

Zizou (Zidane) has completely lost his mind. Stupid act.

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 93
What an incredibly bizarre ending to an already weird World Cup.

I hope we don't continue to see this brand of soccer in the future ( flurry of reds/yellows, stacked defenses, lame diving, head-butts, etc.).

-Matt

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 93
I feel Zidane really cost France the world cup. Would have been nice if henry got to take a PK. 2 of the best PK takers were out.
redface.gif

Zidane will go down as one of my favorite players in soccer.

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 93
I wonder what Austrailia and USA are thinking right now
wink.gif

congrats to Italy

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 93
France definitely performered better than Italy tonight ,did they deserve to win ......meh... i dont really care,it was seriously boring to watch.
Either way Italians enjoy yourselfs!!!!!!

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #11 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
I feel Zidane really cost France the world cup. Would have been nice if henry got to take a PK. 2 of the best PK takers were out.
redface.gif

I dont see how Zidane cost france the world cup???
He made a stupid rash decision to lash out but even after he left the pitch France were still all over Italy.When it came to penalty kicks ,both teams struck beautiful kicks ,unfortunate for france to hit the crossbar.

No point blaming the individual,look at England ,they are blaming their World cup loss on Chritiano Ronaldo???? Go figure?

They have some great players and unfortunatly they just didnt gell well together,its unfortunate because they excel in the premiership.

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #12 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
redface.gif

No, you're wrong. The guy who missed his PK is the one who cost France the Cup

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 93
Part of me wants to see Zidane not quit yet. He screwed up bigtime and may be remembered for a stupid act... he should continue to play and build a reputation as a good player before leaving the sport.

Jul 9, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #15 of 93
I'm curious to find out what that italian player told him to provoke him so badly as to make him lose control the way he did,hopefully he will make a statement about what happened. It was an unfortunate reaction no doubt. It would be a terrible last world cup match for any player, particularly for the captain, to leave with a red card, and particularly after being regarded as one of the best players of the whole World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back