IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #333 of 669
I can audition both the IT01s, Kanas Pro when I'm back to Bangkok for the 2nd semester College but I just got a feeling I might end up ordering the TSMR 3 on Penon instead lmao, the transparent one is beautiful as hell

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #334 of 669
I can audition both the IT01s, Kanas Pro when I'm back to Bangkok for the 2nd semester College but I just got a feeling I might end up ordering the TSMR 3 on Penon instead lmao, the transparent one is beautiful as hell
You mean if it looks good then you will recommend it ?

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #336 of 669
New guy here who has mostly had a bunch of cheapo headphones/ear buds/in ears and am looking for my first decent+ set of IEMs to go with my AQ DF Red/iPhone combo. How is the comfort on the IT01s? I want something comfortable with excellent sound quality. I've read through the thread and am about to pull the trigger through Penon Audio but was just looking for some most recent extra opinions in terms of if this is where my $200 should go?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #337 of 669
...but listen to the graphs then and not your ears. I hear what I hear.
Yes, I know You said IMO ...but You opinion and responses seems like superior over others. Some points to think about:
1) My ears (and everybody else) are NOT Yours. I rather rely on graphs to know sound-signature differences than Your ears. Also I rather rely on chickenmoon ears as we do seem to hear similar and our sound-signature preferences are similar.

2) Graphs DO mean a lot in IEM/headphone tuning as they show their sound-signature. Graphs also help to compare sound-signatures (V-shaped, U-shaped, L-shaped, W-shaped, near-flat etc.).
Graphs do show KP being more sub-bass focused in bass area than IT01 with its mid-bass. For my preferences KP is better choice in that point.
I`m sensitive to highs (especially in 6.2-7.5kHz) and know IT01 modded is on limit of "brightness" I can tolerate without fatique. If You look at crinacle FR graph then IT01S is noticeably more raised in treble area and I prefer IT01 "diving bass" rather than more prominent mid-bass. I hate any bit of raised mid-bass. I makes my ears "humming" and causes fatique.

3) Your personal preference sound-signature does not mean it suits for everybody and one IEM is better because of that.

4) Chickenmoon was talking about general sound-signature, which I agree - it doesn`t change with "burn-in". But I do belive in burn-in about driver technical abilities change. I`ve experienced it with IT01 but it didn`t change its sound-signature from V-shaped to neutral. What I experienced was driver being able to more clearly bring out mids area and bass/percussion tightening up and more accurate.

Anyway, will wait for more comparisons as I`m not in hurry.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #338 of 669
Yes, I know You said IMO ...but You opinion and responses seems like superior over others. Some points to think about:
1) My ears (and everybody else) are NOT Yours. I rather rely on graphs to know sound-signature differences than Your ears. Also I rather rely on chickenmoon ears as we do seem to hear similar and our sound-signature preferences are similar.

2) Graphs DO mean a lot in IEM/headphone tuning as they show their sound-signature. Graphs also help to compare sound-signatures (V-shaped, U-shaped, L-shaped, W-shaped, near-flat etc.).
Graphs do show KP being more sub-bass focused in bass area than IT01 with its mid-bass. For my preferences KP is better choice in that point.
I`m sensitive to highs (especially in 6.2-7.5kHz) and know IT01 modded is on limit of "brightness" I can tolerate without fatique. If You look at crinacle FR graph then IT01S is noticeably more raised in treble area and I prefer IT01 "diving bass" rather than more prominent mid-bass. I hate any bit of raised mid-bass. I makes my ears "humming" and causes fatique.

3) Your personal preference sound-signature does not mean it suits for everybody and one IEM is better because of that.

4) Chickenmoon was talking about general sound-signature, which I agree - it doesn`t change with "burn-in". But I do belive in burn-in about driver technical abilities change. I`ve experienced it with IT01 but it didn`t change its sound-signature from V-shaped to neutral. What I experienced was driver being able to more clearly bring out mids area and bass/percussion tightening up and more accurate.

Anyway, will wait for more comparisons as I`m not in hurry.
That is right, I said IMO. And since I state this, in my opinion, superior to what? I am stating what I hear just like you are stating what you hear and believe. So if you state that graphs are important to you but I put more faith in my ears, does that mean I should believe you by disagreement with me, are acting superior in view? I don't feel that way. You are stating your opinion through experience and knowledge. When we try to usurp others beliefs or opinions that is where the quandary is. So I stick by what I said, I don't go just by graphs or listen to them, I listen to live music with my ears and don't look at graphs as the orchestra is playing and the same is true of headphones, speakers and IEMs.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #339 of 669
@CoiL Don't rely too much on my poor opinions, wait for others to chime in too, I wouldn't want to be held responsible for singlehandedly misleading you... :wink:

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #340 of 669
New guy here who has mostly had a bunch of cheapo headphones/ear buds/in ears and am looking for my first decent+ set of IEMs to go with my AQ DF Red/iPhone combo. How is the comfort on the IT01s? I want something comfortable with excellent sound quality. I've read through the thread and am about to pull the trigger through Penon Audio but was just looking for some most recent extra opinions in terms of if this is where my $200 should go?

Thanks.

Hi there and welcome :)

I can only comment on the IT01s as I haven't heard any other IEM's around this price point.
I'm still figuring out my overall opinion of the IT01s, but I can say so far that I find it to be excellent.
Regarding your specific question about the comfort, I can definitely say they are great in this regard.
Very light, small, comfortable and I can wear them all day with no issues. And I do, whenever I can get away with it :D

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #342 of 669
You know we always get this what is better than this or that. To me I think either or will be a good purchase. I seen the KP being sold as cheap as $150ish on sale. For that price that seems to be a no brainer. I have a good friend who owns the KP. Just got his and from his description of them they seem to be a very nice capable earphone. He loves his and really that is what matters.

I have no interest in the KP as I am enjoying my IT01S a lot. Visa versa if you own the KP. Do you absolutely must get another version of what you already have? In the end it isn't a matter of if one is better than the other. If your enjoying your purchase does that really matter? What happened to just enjoying music with your earphones? There is too much of this going on always here. Sure I can understand folks want to get the best for their hard earned cash. But in the end. If your happy with what your hearing if you poke enough here and there. Truth be told there is always better if your willing to spend much more. But ask yourself if your happy with what you got. If so. Be happy.

I am willing to bet as many fans as both of these earphones have. I bet both are great capable earphones in their price bracket. That is not a bad thing fellas. That is actually a good thing. I only hope more capable earphones come out in this price bracket that push sound as much as these two.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #343 of 669
Hi there and welcome :)

I can only comment on the IT01s as I haven't heard any other IEM's around this price point.
I'm still figuring out my overall opinion of the IT01s, but I can say so far that I find it to be excellent.
Regarding your specific question about the comfort, I can definitely say they are great in this regard.
Very light, small, comfortable and I can wear them all day with no issues. And I do, whenever I can get away with it :D

Thank you!

I have so many IEM types that are uncomfortable to wear for a while. They are the sub $50 Amazon types that usually only come with a few different tips. In my search for some casual/around the house/chillin at the park type over the ear headphones, I stumbled across this thread. I'm new to all of the headphone side of things. My other decent headphones for listening in my den/main setup are Sennheiser 6XXs with a CTH. I'm still eyeballing casual over the ear options (B&O H6 v2?) that will be between any IEMs and the 6XXs. I'm thinking there's a place for the IT01s as the IEMs in my stash.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #344 of 669
As much as you can just sit back, breath and then put on music you love, and Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #345 of 669
As much as you can just sit back, breath and then put on music you love, and Enjoy the Music!

Wise words Paul, should become these forum’s motto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back