IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Nov 24, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #631 of 669
Here is my IT01s review, with lots of measurements. They got clobbered in the comparisons.
Sorry, you guys. i couldn't rate them higher.
That is ok. We all hear things differently but I can't agree less. I have many good IEMs and the IT01S do great, good punch, not over elevated on the lows but solid and there, excellent transparency and depth. No, like we are listening to two totally different IEMs. :^)

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #632 of 669
the IT01S do great, good punch, not over elevated on the lows but solid and there, excellent transparency and depth.
I said as much in the sound description if you read the review. We are in agreement in this aspect.
But when i compared them, they could not come on top. Based on my personal ranking i could not place them any higher. They are a decent IEM, and pricing them so high does not help them much.

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #636 of 669
I said as much in the sound description if you read the review. We are in agreement in this aspect.
But when i compared them, they could not come on top. Based on my personal ranking i could not place them any higher. They are a decent IEM, and pricing them so high does not help them much.
Read the review. We are not saying the same thing. I am talking about quality of sound, not just that they can reproduce a freq. range. I have heard some of the IEMs you reference them against, and we clearly hear things differently.

You are using a phone as the source? Really?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #637 of 669
Read the review. We are not saying the same thing. I am talking about quality of sound, not just that they can reproduce a freq. range. I have heard some of the IEMs you reference them against, and we clearly hear things differently.
OK. I agree that we hear things differently. Just putting my opinion out there. No offense.

You are using a phone as the source? Really?
Why would i lie about this ?

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #638 of 669
OK. I agree that we hear things differently. Just putting my opinion out there. No offense.

Why would i lie about this ?
Don't know, never said you would lie about it. But for reviewing IEMs, I would use more than a phone. The HTC10 received good marks on sound quality but I would have more than a phone to do reviews with, since a dedicated player, of good, well known quality, is a better reference to use. I like my iPhone 11Pro and think the sound is very good but I have daps that are better and are what I would use for any comparisons and reviewers.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #639 of 669
But for reviewing IEMs, I would use more than a phone.
I never use more than a phone to listen to music everyday. For my own purpose, and for people like me who use only their phones as their music player, reviewing IEMs using my phone makes more sense.
This is why declare in the first line of my review that my source is HTC 10 and the music files i use are 320 Kbps mp3s.

All the comparisons, also my other reviews, are all done using the same phone.

Again, i say sorry for my average rating. I know how this hurts.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #640 of 669
I never use more than a phone to listen to music everyday. For my own purpose, and for people like me who use only their phones as their music player, reviewing IEMs using my phone makes more sense.
This is why declare in the first line of my review that my source is HTC 10 and the music files i use are 320 Kbps mp3s.

All the comparisons, also my other reviews, are all done using the same phone.

Again, i say sorry for my average rating. I know how this hurts.
Hurts who? lol Doesn't hurt me, I know what I hear and know I wouldn't use a phone to do all my reviews with, if I was reviewing.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #641 of 669
Hurts who? lol Doesn't hurt me, I know what I hear and know I wouldn't use a phone to do all my reviews with, if I was reviewing.
:) good to know this. I know i would be hurt if someone gives a low rating of my favourite earphone.
I really had high hopes for this IEM, and hoped this could be a giant killer. The measurements are perfect.
Anyway, as i said, this is just my opinion based on mp3 tracks via my HTC10 phones :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #642 of 669
:) good to know this. I know i would be hurt if someone gives a low rating of my favourite earphone.
I really had high hopes for this IEM, and hoped this could be a giant killer. The measurements are perfect.
Anyway, as i said, this is just my opinion based on mp3 tracks via my HTC10 phones :)
You would be hurt by that? I wouldn't care. I have no favorite but if you do, I hope for your sake no one gives it a low rating. lol

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #643 of 669
Honestly, @LordZero,

As @steve Oliver stated, depends on you, I have both IT 01 & IT 01s, I like both.
They do have different sound as well as technical performance.

T 01s is the more 'affordable' option if you don't want to spring for the IT 04.
IT 01s serves as a nice bridge sonically between IT 01, IT 01s & IT 04.

Can't say about N3 as never tried it.

Hope you both have a great day !

I have the IT01 and enjoy them, are the IT01s worth getting too? I prefer a warm signature with good bass.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #644 of 669
I have the IT01 and enjoy them, are the IT01s worth getting too? I prefer a warm signature with good bass.

Hi @Gee Simpson,

As said to @LordZero, it all depends on you & your wallet.
This is the best, most honest answer I can give you.

IT 01s is certainly a step up & a bridge between IT 01 & IT 04 sound.
Subjectively & personally, IT 01s leans more toward IT 04 in sound signature than IT 01.
So basically, if you want to experience a sound close to IT 04 but don't necessarily want to get IT 04 then yes, get IT 01s.

Hope this makes sense.
Feel free to ask more if you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back