IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Nov 25, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #646 of 669
If you are happy then stick with the IT01.

The answer to the second part of your question is the pairing will work as well as the IT01 just with a different sound and tonality, but see the first part of my answer. :)

Hi @Gee Simpson,

As said to @LordZero, it all depends on you & your wallet.
This is the best, most honest answer I can give you.

IT 01s is certainly a step up & a bridge between IT 01 & IT 04 sound.
Subjectively & personally, IT 01s leans more toward IT 04 in sound signature than IT 01.
So basically, if you want to experience a sound close to IT 04 but don't necessarily want to get IT 04 then yes, get IT 01s.

Hope this makes sense.
Feel free to ask more if you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Thank you everyone :) I will probably use them, till something break, then I will see what the market as to offer. Also, I need a bigger SD, so that comes first :p

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #647 of 669
Hi! Can you compare them with the co-donguri brass? Was looking for a backup iem and they look interesting.
Co-Donguri Shizuku and Brass have almost the same signature.

I did a bit of A-B with the Brass just now, and i can say the following.

IT01s adds a good amount of warmth to the mids. They sound thicker and this aids male vocals especially.
The overall signature is very balanced and nothing stands out.

Co-Donguri Brass on the other hand has less of this warmth, and might sound a little dry in comparison.
Co-Donguri Brass is very transparent as a consequence, and mids are clear as undisturbed water.
If you know co-donguri you know how airy they sound. Their upper-mids really soar and female vocals are very mesmerizing as a result.
Violins especially are incredible due to this too.

IT01s sounds more level and less airy, less separated and more cohesive.

If you already own the Brass, the iBassos would give you a more bodied presentation that the Donguris lack.
Soundstage depth is also better with the IT01s. You will miss some finer details with the IT01s that the co-donguris effortlessly churn out.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #648 of 669
Hi @Gee Simpson,

As said to @LordZero, it all depends on you & your wallet.
This is the best, most honest answer I can give you.

IT 01s is certainly a step up & a bridge between IT 01 & IT 04 sound.
Subjectively & personally, IT 01s leans more toward IT 04 in sound signature than IT 01.
So basically, if you want to experience a sound close to IT 04 but don't necessarily want to get IT 04 then yes, get IT 01s.

Hope this makes sense.
Feel free to ask more if you need.

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #651 of 669
I finished writing my in-depth review of the iBasso IT01S. The review also includes reviews of the Balanced 4.4mm CB12S Cable, CA04 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter and DC01 Type-C 384khz/32bit / DSD256 DAC/AMP. With IT01S priced at 200 USD, and everything else below it, this is a review that's going to be both about good products, but also about pocket-friendly stuff! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/upgrading-classic-ibasso-it01s-iems-review.html

iBasso-IT-01S-IT01S-IEMs-Earphones-In-Ears-Graphene-Drivers-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-47.jpg

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #654 of 669
Thank you very much! :)

Always, man !

Just keep being awesome !

By the way, I suggest looking into the Ray Samuels Shadow, you might really enjoy this one, especially since you like the Nickel so much.

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #655 of 669
Thank-you to all the reviewers and commentators on this thread ... I now own the IT01s. They are a BIG quality step up from the FiiO F5 I've been using up till now. I felt it was important to take this step so as to make the upgrade worthwhile. I have fairly modest portable gear ... FiiO Q1 Mk2 (with iPhone), Topping NX4DSD (with laptop) & Xduoo X20 DAP ... they all sound superb with the IT01s and I find no need to upgrade the gear at this stage. A new Chord Mojo version might tempt me tho' !

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #657 of 669
@PaganDL ... yes, indeed they are. They sound particularly good with the Topping NX4DSD portable DAC/AMP (to my ears). I have about 20-25 hours on them right now.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #658 of 669
Hi!!

I am having fit problems with the ibasso it01s...I decided to go from the ibasso it01 to it01s, because of the shape which combined with spiral dots, fit very well in my both ears.

With the it01s, tried every size and tip I could imagine (even tried foam tips upside down), but none of them give me a good fit with the it01s.

Newbee foam,niceHCK foam, qkz foam,ibasso foams, ibasso wide bore, modded shure olives spinfit,spiral dot, whirlwind, symbio W, symbio peel, memt x5 double flange,acoustune aet06 m+... Still waiting for the dekoni bulletz and thinking in ordering the earrbond and AZLA SednaEarfit.

None of them give me a good fit with the it01s... right side, works great! Left side, nop...they pop out or sound different than the right. The right drive seats in my ear very flush, they feel very comfortable.
Even if the left side seals, it wobbles to the touch and seems that it have a little space between the driver and my ear, that lets air go trough and feel that they are not there or falling, which creates an imbalance and is very very very annoying.

The it01s cable earhook is bigger and mmcx connection is very stiff, so I exchanged the cable with the it01...night and day difference in comfort! The it01 with the it01s cable, feel great! The it01s with it01 cable, felt a lot better, not great, but much better!

I have a balanced cable (AK **** 8 Core Silver Plated Copper), which very cheap and seems to fit better in my ears, you think it will downgrade a lot compared to the ibasso balanced cable?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #659 of 669
Hi!!

I am having fit problems with the ibasso it01s...I decided to go from the ibasso it01 to it01s, because of the shape which combined with spiral dots, fit very well in my both ears.

With the it01s, tried every size and tip I could imagine (even tried foam tips upside down), but none of them give me a good fit with the it01s.

Newbee foam,niceHCK foam, qkz foam,ibasso foams, ibasso wide bore, modded shure olives spinfit,spiral dot, whirlwind, symbio W, symbio peel, memt x5 double flange,acoustune aet06 m+... Still waiting for the dekoni bulletz and thinking in ordering the earrbond and AZLA SednaEarfit.

None of them give me a good fit with the it01s... right side, works great! Left side, nop...they pop out or sound different than the right. The right drive seats in my ear very flush, they feel very comfortable.
Even if the left side seals, it wobbles to the touch and seems that it have a little space between the driver and my ear, that lets air go trough and feel that they are not there or falling, which creates an imbalance and is very very very annoying.

The it01s cable earhook is bigger and mmcx connection is very stiff, so I exchanged the cable with the it01...night and day difference in comfort! The it01 with the it01s cable, feel great! The it01s with it01 cable, felt a lot better, not great, but much better!

I have a balanced cable (AK **** 8 Core Silver Plated Copper), which very cheap and seems to fit better in my ears, you think it will downgrade a lot compared to the ibasso balanced cable?

Hi @LordZero,

I suggest using either Crystalline Audio Tips or Periodic Audio Hydrogen Silicone tips.
I find either works very well.

Subjectively & personally, regarding the cheaper cable, it depends on what you can hear & how you percieve sound, I have used several cheaper cables with IT 04 & sometimes they are 'better' or just different.
As a final note, comfort does affect overall sound, imaging & staging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back