IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #616 of 669
Bought the IT01-S a couple of weeks ago. They sound very good. Nice and full sound. Need more ear time before my detailed review.

I think it is important to note that the fit is finicky. I could never get them to seat properly with the medium tips (which i generally use). I resort to Small sized tips with IT01-S. Currently using Final E-tips, small.
The cable is really thick, a little too thick and they look kinda clumsy. On the bright side they are quite light and don't add much weight to the IEMs.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #618 of 669
Still rolling them tips. The small final tips give me some comfort issues after half an hour or so.
Using the small grey stock tips right now. They fit well, but clarity takes a little hit - i think.

Any tip tips?

Whatever tips work for you, I have had good luck with JVC SpiralDot and Spinfit. You just have to try them all until you get a combination that gets you a good seal and is comfortable.

You should see my box of different tips. There are are many different options as there are ear-holes I'm afraid. :)

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #619 of 669
You should see my box of different tips. There are are many different options as there are ear-holes I'm afraid. :)
Yeah. Unfortunately, the IT01-S are really testing in this regard. Don't think i've spent more time trying to find the right tips on any other IEM as this. Maybe ATH E-40 comes close.
Why would they make it this hard?!

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #620 of 669
Yeah. Unfortunately, the IT01-S are really testing in this regard. Don't think i've spent more time trying to find the right tips on any other IEM as this. Maybe ATH E-40 comes close.
Why would they make it this hard?!

Tell me about it. I've recently switched to a large size tip with a shallower insertion depth after being convinced that the medium was the right tip for me. Stick with it you will get the best fit eventually, the IT01s is definitely worth it.

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #621 of 669
I've recently switched to a large size tip
Wow. I did the exact same thing last evening. I was fishing out all the large tips stashed away in some corner. The shallow-large fit was kind of sitting way outside, and i felt a little skeptical about how that could work. Eventually, i settled for the stock small-grey because i was honestly tired of tip rolling.

i hope they revisit the nozzle when ibasso makes their next single DD upgrade.

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #622 of 669
Wow. I did the exact same thing last evening. I was fishing out all the large tips stashed away in some corner. The shallow-large fit was kind of sitting way outside, and i felt a little skeptical about how that could work. Eventually, i settled for the stock small-grey because i was honestly tired of tip rolling.

What a coincidence, it really is worthwhile tip rolling until you get it right, but stick with each combination that feels almost right for a little while you may adjust to it over a short period.

The IT01 and the "s" version are relatively small compared to some IEM's and should be quite easy to get things almost perfect.

The SpinFit large tips I have are the best of both worlds for me in that they are less dome shaped and more bell shaped for me it matches my ear canal shape perfectly.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #623 of 669

@iems0nly,

I suggest trying the Periodic Audio H or Hydrogen tips, particularly the silcones, haven't had to tip roll since as they fit nearly every IEM I put them on.

Agreeably, IT 01s is among the best mid range IEMs I have on bi weekly rotation !

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #626 of 669
JVC spiral-dots MS (medium-small) works best (for me). They are comfy, and also sound the best of the lot i've tried.
Now that i'm done with tip-rolling, it's time to evaluate...

IT01-S sounds good., but are they 175 dollars good ?

Can they beat Co-donguri ?
Can they beat the best sub-100 IEMs, ATH E40 and Sennheiser IE40 pro ?
Can they beat Final E4000, Acoustune HS1004, priced in the same bracket.

I will come back with these answers by the weekend.
Don't go anywhere :wink:

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #628 of 669
If I am happy with my it01 and they are still working, should I replace them for the it01s?

Also, how does the it01s pair with Cayin n3? Didn't want to buy another dap.

If you are happy then stick with the IT01.

The answer to the second part of your question is the pairing will work as well as the IT01 just with a different sound and tonality, but see the first part of my answer. :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #629 of 669
If I am happy with my it01 and they are still working, should I replace them for the it01s?

Also, how does the it01s pair with Cayin n3? Didn't want to buy another dap.

Honestly, @LordZero,

As @SteveOliver stated, depends on you, I have both IT 01 & IT 01s, I like both.
They do have different sound as well as technical performance.
T 01s is the more 'affordable' option if you don't want to spring for the IT 04.
IT 01s serves as a nice bridge sonically between IT 01, IT 01s & IT 04.

Can't say about N3 as never tried it.

Hope you both have a great day !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back