It´s all about the bass :)
Mar 10, 2002 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

JoeY2k

New Head-Fier
heya..im new to this forum, and to make 1 thing clear, i dont tend to b very audiophile. May fav music is drum and bass, hip hop and stuff...so plz dont argue whether a headphone might b good with classic or not, i dont care about that.
so at the moment i have a sony v700...these earcans r really able to **** my ears
wink.gif
But i thought to give the sennheiser hd25 or technics rp1200 a try. my questions to u guys is, which of them has the most punching bass (precise) and futhermore the max-volume without any painful distortion of lows, highs or whatever!?

thats it...

btw does any1 have some technical info about the technics rp1200? (impendance, weight, diameter of diaphragms etc etc)

Mar 10, 2002 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 47
no1 here with an answer?? ...cmon guys
btw the middles and highs should b strong as well (thing wot i miss with the v700s). and last but not least which is the sturdiest set, cuz im going to use it as portable set as well. Just in case it falls sometimes.

Mar 10, 2002 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 47
okay, I don't believe anybody here knows the technics very well, thay're DJ headphones. the v700 is a waste of money, but probably okay for DJ purposes.
I don't see how max output is important, unless you want to be deaf in 15 minutes, but every headphone can do that.

if it's all about the bass, you're fine with the headphones you have. the 25sp has a lot of bass too, but is leaps better in all other areas (it actually has some midrange and treble, tho not that much), except for comfort.

Mar 10, 2002 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 47
I know you've already got it down to two headphones but with your requirements, why wasn't the Beyerdynamic DT770 considered?

Mar 10, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 47
I hear JMT can help you with that discrepency for a reasonable price.

Mar 10, 2002 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 47
Joey, I'd suggest you send a private message to JMT, asking him about one of his amps, and that you get the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's and one of his amps, you know?

BTW, from what I hear, the Beyerdynamic DT250-80 would have the best sound in a set of 'easy to drive' headphones for you, better than HD25, MDR-V6, etc.

Here's what I hear would be best, going by sound quality alone. Info's hearsay.

DT250-80 > MDR-V6 > HD25 > DJ1200

Mar 10, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 47
Since no one else seems to want to say it, I will.

Be VERY, VERY, VERY careful with the volume control. Hearing damage is PERMANENT.

If you are not careful, especially with headphones, your nextt set may come from Beltone. I don't think they are very Hi-Fi and I don't think they have a lot of bass. Not experienced though.

Search "Tinitus"

Mar 10, 2002 at 3:36 PM Post #12 of 47
Can't give you first-hand comments, but one review by Jan Meier and his buddy included the 25S. They both had raves for that model. Comparisons to the plain (less expensive) 25 are spotty, but generally say that the 25S is better (albeit way more expensive). Not sure where they fall short or exceed one another, respectively.

It is interesting that while the V6's are very visible in recording studios, I see alot of sportscasters wearing the 25S's with microphones. I suppose that this is a comment on their isolating capabilies more than their sound quality. FWIW.

Not to confuse things more, but the Sennheiser 280Pro is another contender in that price range, and is very efficient. Again, FYI.

Mar 10, 2002 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 47
Tinnitus.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 10, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 47
k...thx 4 ur advices, but ill go for the technics. no1 has experienced them yet plus they have some nice features i got used to from the sony like the folding design, the coiled cable or the cool look
wink.gif
...and finally they r supposed to b really sturdy, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back