[Issue Resolved] Warning to Out of USA residents: Comply Foam shipping issues
Nov 15, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #16 of 27
On a side note, I've been charged 27 euro which is around 37 usd for shipping a small package worth 20 euro from Germany to Czech Republic (less than 500 miles) so yeah...

Nov 15, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #17 of 27
I personally don't see anything inappropriate about charging a handling fee. It costs a business a lot of money to employ someone to pack boxes.  If the items that business is selling are small and cheap, they can end up losing money on sales.  It makes more sense if you've worked for small and large businesses and have some experiences of the costs involved.

Nov 15, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 27

Quote:
I personally don't see anything inappropriate about charging a handling fee. It costs a business a lot of money to employ someone to pack boxes.  If the items that business is selling are small and cheap, they can end up losing money on sales.  It makes more sense if you've worked for small and large businesses and have some experiences of the costs involved.

I don't know what your position is supposed to be and I do know they are a sponsor so I guess this is touchy... in the states even USPS will come pick stuff up at your door... they don't even have to pay someone to go mail it, they get someone to come... also we are talking about FOAM 10 pieces for 19.99 should leave them with plenty of profit, even so, making them 25.99 and charging what shipping actually costs is better business. Trying to get your gravy in the shipping is dishonest more so than inflated prices in my books.

I am not saying they should be a charity, and I find their products pretty good... but the gouging and the lack of effort to even respond is regrettable.

oh well. Maybe I will get  a PM from Comply :)... but I figured emailing every email registered to their domain would do the trick... guess not.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #19 of 27
Well look at it this way, you paid 30 bucks to permanently write off a company from your shopping list. For some others it'll take a lot more money wasted on nothing to do it *(cough)*.

I also paid around $33 for some of them shipped to Australia, and I find olives superior in everyway, including even price.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #20 of 27
Thank you all for your comments and feedback. I have sent a PM to sokolov91 regarding his experience and look forward to resolving his issue ASAP.

For anyone that may have attempted to contact us through www.complyfoam.com in the past two weeks, please resend your email, as our system was not forwarding emails properly.

Thanks,

Jeff
Bus. Dev. Sales. Mgr.
Consumer Electronics

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 27
From experience with my business I do charge a little more than the actual shipping charges, but that's only to cover the cost of the shipping box so that I can afford to buy boxes that fit the product well and save the package from possible damage as well as to save the customer from paying unnecessary excess postage. Boxes are about $0.50-$0.75, and that's all the increase is. Mind you, handling fees are sometimes needed to prevent your shipping department from being a cost centre, but as always, there are limits to what is accepted.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #22 of 27
So you knew the price before you paid but after the fact, it's a big enough deal to start a thread over? It's obvious that it doesn't cost that much to ship to Canada but they're not necessarily ripping you off. They're doing something they'd probably rather not to accommodate you. Somebody in Canada sells them. Find that guy or don't order. If they didn't do international, somebody would be complaining about that and telling us about how much extra they'd pay if they could only access them.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #23 of 27
Just FYI, whether or not someone is a sponsor for Head-fi has zero bearing on my comments. I post as a member unless specified otherwise.  I have worked for small and large businesses and understand the costs involved, so comments such as "...10 pieces for 19.99 should leave them with plenty of profit..." I consider nonsensical.

As a moderator, I think the title of this thread is arguably libelous, and thus inappropriate.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 27
Legally, I don't think this is fraud. You came to an agreement, paid and you got what you ordered.

A box and packing material cost money. It is also possible that they have a courier or some service to take boxes to be shipped. You never know.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #25 of 27
I had replaced the thread and all my positive feedback got erased...

To summarize:

Comply swiftly solved my issue and refunded the erroneous shipping charge. Clearly they are a company that cares about their customers and their public image.

I would like to thank comply for being helpful as well as producing a product that helps me protect my hearing whilst enjoying music on the metro bus etc.

in other words I am no longer bitter and the problem is solved as I had hoped.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:

To summarize:

Comply swiftly solved my issue and refunded the erroneous shipping charge. Clearly they are a company that cares about their customers and their public image.

I would like to thank comply for being helpful as well as producing a product that helps me protect my hearing whilst enjoying music on the metro bus etc.

glad to see they were so helpful, the scary thing is getting slapped with a big customs fee, somebody had to pay $70 for a pair of $100 M50's 0_o

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
Quote:

To summarize:

glad to see they were so helpful, the scary thing is getting slapped with a big customs fee, somebody had to pay $70 for a pair of $100 M50's 0_o

Yeah but that's an issue with the government, not the company shipping the product :p... frustrating nonetheless though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back