Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #676 of 963
Quote:
Is this still great? I have DT880 headphones and creative zxr coming
I did some searching and its only for WMP?

It's still great and my DT 880 sound superb with it. You can use it with any player that supports VSTs (Jriver, foobar etc) though with some players you might need to add a custom VST host or something (it's actually the case with foobar).

If you like what Isone does and don't mind paying (and it's not THAT expensive) I heartily recommend getting JRiver Media Center along with Isone since it is a fantastic media player with excellent support and does 64 bit fp processing + dithering for 24 bit output and this is definitely a plus when doing post-processing (such as Isone). 

Whether the difference between normal 24b output, dithered 24b output or between 32fp and 64fp processing is "audible" is not really the question IMO since it is technically better and can only be beneficial (same reason why I use ASIO over any other audio output and lossless formats). 

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #677 of 963
Quote:
Yes!  If you're on a Mac.  My setup is Spotify -> Soundflower -> AU Lab running Isone plugin.  All OS X sounds now go through Isone and whatever other plugins I use with AU Lab.  It took a while.

By the way, has anyone compared this with the FHX plugin for Fidelia?

So I dl'd and installed soundflower, AU lab, and TB Isone.  I not sure how to set it up or what settings to use though.  How did you set it up?  Thanks, I'd be eternally grateful.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #678 of 963
i think isone could have two different uses because of the large difference between headphones.
there's a lot of the more expensive headphones that have depth.. some people call it soundstage.. some experienced people call it a lack of power.

i'm thinking maybe the reverb isn't always heard on those headphones.. instead it acts like a spatial processing that uplifts more details.

when i tried it, it was a hot (temperature) room echo that sounded like the bitdpeth of the impulse response was low.

i think it is better to go the invisible route without any room.. because that is what most audiophiles with speakers try to achieve.

but if isone is doing what i think it is, as said above, i am glad to see them happy.
we need more plugins that draw out details & increase the slew.. because usually everything else is simply a trim (reduction) or volume adjustment for portions of the signal (already done in the production studio).

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #679 of 963
Tried the isone pro, but it shifted the sound of my D7000s quite a bit and in the end I couldn't live with the change. The effect was seductive, but in my mind adding anymore colouration wasn't worthwhile. I use my speakers when I need that sound, plus for me, headphones have their own charm. I'm not saying it is an either or situation, and there is no reason somebody can't like using the plugin. As I said, the sound was seductive.

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #681 of 963
Hello !

I ve been playing around with TB Isone for a couple of hours.
I can't notice ANY difference when I move the ear or head size... (I do notice differences with the others options). 

I am using a AKG k701, Schitt Lyr AMP and Music Streamer II DAC. Is it me or my headphone ?

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #687 of 963
Quote:

x 2...there is no ITD button. Best bet is to very carefully read the instruction document. There really is no way to get a decent result without following it exactly. (maybe you already have?) I don't have the program in front of me and it's been awhile since I used it, but I think on TB Isone you need to have "room" enabled for those settings to function? Again, this is where the manual is helpful.

I remember though you should set "HTRF" at 100% while making those head/ear adjustments. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #689 of 963
Ive tried both the TB Isone and Isone Pro. I think the TB Isone version is a lot more advanced, it allows the user to dial in a preferred setting to pinpoint accuracy. The Isone Pro is much much easier to use, giving a "wow" effect for a new user. For anyone trying it the first time, try the isone pro version first. I had wayyy better results the first time around with the isone pro. Try these settings for LCD users that would like to achieve a more open sound.

After extensive listening, Im happy to say that isone does not add any additional or unnecessary reverb. Once youve calibrated it to your settings, trying turning it off and on, this will allow you to see that the overall tone does not appear to be tampered with, the entire spectrum sounds very realistic and natural. Even when I turn up the volume on my amp, I do not hear any distortion nor does it sound "fake", to my ears it sounds as if I am listening to my monitors at the correct distance and the room is filled with music.

Trying to calibrate it to a single track or a random selection was too complicating for me. What Ive done to calibrate it was to snip 2 clips of a song, 1 edited clip contained a female vocal only at 5secs and the other clip was a 4/4 beat no vocals also at 5secs. All I did was have either of the 5sec clip play in loop mode, each knob was adjusted over that looping clip, doing this allowed me to figure out what each knob induced or reduced. Once clip 1&2 had been calibrated to my liking, playing back to an entire track was just mind blowing. I highly recommend isone, I absolutely love it--in fact, I cannot listening to anything without it on and has taken my LCD2s on another level.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #690 of 963
Quote:
x 2...there is no ITD button. Best bet is to very carefully read the instruction document. There really is no way to get a decent result without following it exactly. (maybe you already have?) I don't have the program in front of me and it's been awhile since I used it, but I think on TB Isone you need to have "room" enabled for those settings to function? Again, this is where the manual is helpful.

I remember though you should set "HTRF" at 100% while making those head/ear adjustments. 

In TB Isone there is no need to activate the room settings in order to have HRTF function. In my experience the HRTF function make very small changes that are too difficult to notice. I do notice a difference if I turn off the HRTF. The effect for me is very subtle. I also find that it works well with some recordings and with others it is really bad. I listen mostly to classical music. I don't use the room setting as they do color things too much for my taste. Still, for some recordings TB Isone really makes them shine. I use it mostly on recordings that do not present a natural sound stage. It is also somewhat dependent on your choice of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back