ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 22, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #4,741 of 5,044
Excellent take on them. They need a good driver beat down however. Bass will sound much improved with some burn in. Your filter settings might change a bit after burn in.

I would definitely explore different cables too. I bet you will be surprised how much they scale to better cables.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll leave them playing overnight and update the review as they break in. There is already a charm to them that reminds me of a lot of Penon products.

While I’ll play with other cables, it seems unfair to use an even better cable for the impressions. The OS133 is already nearly the same cost as the Neo1.

I look forward to seeing your opinion. You (and a couple of others) are responsible for my collection of Penon and ISN IEMs!

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #4,742 of 5,044
The Firehose:
If you ever thought about selling you MEAOES Eagle don't. Simply join it with the RENATA when it comes out and join me in paradise. Honestly I've never ever thought the Eagle could be taken this far........just insane really. What the RENATA does is adds an upper smoothness combined with soundstage expansion and bass kick. The TRN BAX becomes the best I've ever heard it. Oh.....the Eagle, yep best I ever heard it, and not by a little.....it's like a TOTL Flagship now. I know that's a silly statement to make, especially if your not a cable believer, but if you do own the MEAOES Eagle and you wanted to take it to the very best it has ever been.......get the RENATA and find paradise! The GEEK WOLD GK100 another............the best I ever heard it sound. So the firehose puts out fires if you own any intense IEMs that you like but want longer listening times, literally you can now go all day long with an enjoyable smooth and exciting listening session. The KZ AS24, after I got this I realized that many were having more success with the switches version. I went and got the switchless model, yet the RENATA goes ahead to smooth-out what I hear, though just to inform you, the KZ AS24 is the most dry of any on this page, and still probably my least favorite to change into something special. That has nothing to do really with the KZ AS24, except is fully showing how much the GEEK WOLD GK100 changed, how much the MEAOES Eagle went to heaven and how much the TRN BAX found synergy. Now the Penon RENATA is not for sale as yet, but should be so shortly. In all honesty I have never found such a problem solver. Also it is 3-in-1 and comes with three plugs. This gives you the option of adding the Penon Rhodium Plug, which in my tests added back a little intensity to these test IEMs. Yet the Rhodium Plug makes the RENATA a little more like the ISN CS02.....a cable that shares much in common with the RENATA. Yet the RENATA is more of the FLAGSHIP Cable offering a bigger stage and more robust imagery.

DSC_0402.jpegqqq.jpeg

MEAOES Eagle

DSC_0415.jpegs.jpeg

GEEK WOLD GK100

DSC_0427.jpegw.jpeg

KZ AS24

DSC_0393.jpegzsa.jpeg

Truly the EA1000 is made for the RENATA
Bigger stage, better separated imaging and the same smooth-out into focus and imaging of treble and midrange elements, into a more evenly digestible and wider stage takes place with the RENATA, plus ear-hooks doing their job!

DSC_0430.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0431.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0429.jpegaa.jpeg

DSC_0433.jpegw.jpeg

Here shows the size difference between the ISN CS02 and the Penon RENATA. Also note Rhodium Plug on CS02.

DSC_0437.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0434.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0436.jpegaa.jpeg

DSC_0400.jpegs.jpeg

Finally the TRN BAX, as a smoother less intense example of all-day listening, yet the gift is everything holds onto a broader stage with more clarity and separation here? Truly the ultimate TOTL FLAGSHIP Cable to go along with Flagship TRN IEM!

The RENATA by PENON......coming soon!
DSC_0377.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #4,743 of 5,044
The Firehose:
If you ever thought about selling you MEAOES Eagle don't. Simply join it with the RENATA when it comes out and join me in paradise. Honestly I've never ever thought the Eagle could be taken this far........just insane really. What the RENATA does is adds an upper smoothness combined with soundstage expansion and bass kick. The TRN BAX becomes the best I've ever heard it. Oh.....the Eagle, yep best I ever heard it, and not by a little.....it's like a TOTL Flagship now. I know that's a silly statement to make, especially if your not a cable believer, but if you do own the MEAOES Eagle and you wanted to take it to the very best it has ever been.......get the RENATA and find paradise! The GEEK WOLD GK100 another............the best I ever heard it sound. So the firehose puts out fires if you own any intense IEMs that you like but want longer listening times, literally you can now go all day long with an enjoyable smooth and exciting listening session. The KZ AS24, after I got this I realized that many were having more success with the switches version. I went and got the switchless model, yet the RENATA goes ahead to smooth-out what I hear, though just to inform you, the KZ AS24 is the most dry of any on this page, and still probably my least favorite to change into something special. That has nothing to do really with the KZ AS24, except is fully showing how much the GEEK WOLD GK100 changed, how much the MEAOES Eagle went to heaven and how much the TRN BAX found synergy. Now the Penon RENATA is not for sale as yet, but should be so shortly. In all honesty I have never found such a problem solver. Also it is 3-in-1 and comes with three plugs. This gives you the option of adding the Penon Rhodium Plug, which in my tests added back a little intensity to these test IEMs. Yet the Rhodium Plug makes the RENATA a little more like the ISN CS02.....a cable that shares much in common with the RENATA. Yet the RENATA is more of the FLAGSHIP Cable offering a bigger stage and more robust imagery.

MEAOES Eagle

DSC_0415.jpegs.jpeg

GEEK WOLD GK100

DSC_0427.jpegw.jpeg

KZ AS24

DSC_0393.jpegzsa.jpeg

Truly the EA1000 is made for the RENATA
Bigger stage, better separated imaging and the same smooth-out into focus and imaging of treble and midrange elements, into a more evenly digestible and wider stage takes place with the RENATA, plus ear-hooks doing their job!

DSC_0430.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0431.jpegq.jpeg

DSC_0429.jpegaa.jpeg

DSC_0433.jpegw.jpeg

Here shows the size difference between the ISN CS02 and the Penon RENATA. Also note Rhodium Plug on CS02.

DSC_0437.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0434.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0436.jpegaa.jpeg

Finally the TRN BAX, as a smoother less intense example of all-day listening, yet the gift is everything holds onto a broader stage with more clarity and separation here? Truly the ultimate TOTL FLAGSHIP Cable to go along with Flagship TRN IEM!

The RENATA by PENON......coming soon!
DSC_0377.jpeg
Have to admit, it'll be good to blow the dust off the old MEAOES Eagle and give them some ear-time again...
But Renata's price though 🤔 (Eagle was around $150-ish many months ago)?

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #4,744 of 5,044
Well, we don’t know what the price will be, but yes, I get ya. Still if you could hear just what this does to the Eagle? The Eagle is one of the top performers? Just amazing, more surprising than anything else?
Have to admit, it'll be good to blow the dust off the old MEAOES Eagle and give them some ear-time again...
But Renata's price though 🤔 (Eagle was around $150-ish many months ago)?

Nov 24, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #4,745 of 5,044
Well, we don’t know what the price will be, but yes, I get ya. Still if you could hear just what this does to the Eagle? The Eagle is one of the top performers? Just amazing, more surprising than anything else?
I think my motivation was destroyed after the whole filter fiasco... (and the filters didn't really change things very much)

But I'm excited to breathe new life into them with iem wire swapping sorcery 😎!

Nov 24, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #4,746 of 5,044
I think my motivation was destroyed after the whole filter fiasco... (and the filters didn't really change things very much)

Well, nothing is perfect as far as manufactures go. As such they live in the same world as we do. Yet success comes from experience, as you realize what you need to do to both make stellar products, and fix issues. But ISN/Penon have shown incredible character to realize world-class for the price products, IMO. Now I haven't heard everything, yet I have stuff coming in from all over regularly and maybe ISN/Penon have my sound signature, maybe they are simply great? I will chose the latter.

Nov 24, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #4,747 of 5,044

My RENATA review should be done today or tomorrow?

Origin:Italian. Meaning:Reborn. Renata is a feminine Latin name meaning “reborn.” It is derived from the Latin Renatus, meaning “born again,” which comes from the word natus, translating to “born.” Renata is a popular name in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, with Renée being the fashionable French version of the name.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #4,748 of 5,044
Nov 27, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #4,749 of 5,044
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #4,751 of 5,044

A damn shame these are going under the radar. I know Penon is focusing on the new Quattro release but these with the new filter set is quite damn good. @$40 I paid more for tips. Lol.
You guys didn't hype them enough and the sub-$50 market is flooded with great IEMs, particularly single DD sets. :smile:

EW200 puts every budget set to shame imo.

I do like NEO 1's faceplate though.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #4,752 of 5,044
The EA200 set the bar quite high for budget sets but the Neo1 hangs in there got a different sound and is equally just as engaging. The new tuning filters balances out the tonality of the Neo 1 and is quite enjoyable to listen to. They scale tramendously to better cables to the point where they don't sound much like budget anything.

Its not the be all of detail but much like all ISN IEMs these have excellent muciality to their base sound profile. I have them in my ears as I am taking a break from work and I was thinking just how good these are with new filters in place. Penon should have just done the mod and sold them that way.

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #4,753 of 5,044
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #4,755 of 5,044
I had a listen to the D02 the other day. Such a fun listen. Still sound great.
That is such a charmer. After burn-in I was seriously blown away not just by the bass, but by the midrange and treble? At first I was like, OK, just another full-range DD, then after a week of burn-in.....wow! Definitely not talked about as much as it deserves to be!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back