ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 4, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #3,736 of 5,044

@Earl of Bouillon

Here is the EST50 Port. It does't show up on any review photos, so great question. It's very small, but that may also be the size often of the hole inside other ports, they just have big surrounds? No zero pressure build up, typically DDs have ports, I have only seen one without a port, in my experience.
DSC_0047.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #3,737 of 5,044

@Earl of Bouillon

Here is the EST50 Port. It does't show up on any review photos, so great question. It's very small, but that may also be the size often of the hole inside other ports, they just have big surrounds? No zero pressure build up, typically DDs have ports, I have only seen one without a port, in my experience.
Thanks a bunch and no worries about the mix up haha

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #3,739 of 5,044
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #3,740 of 5,044
Sep 10, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #3,742 of 5,044
Hi,

I'm quite interested in buying an some H50s.

Do you think they are suitable for bad punk recordings?

I'm worried that the upper-mids and treble of this model will be too aggressive.

I have the H40s and they seem almost perfect to me!

Thank you!

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,743 of 5,044
Great place to get some opinions, I already answered you, but hopefully you will get good feedback here! Cheers!
Hi,

I'm quite interested in buying an some H50s.

Do you think they are suitable for bad punk recordings?

I'm worried that the upper-mids and treble of this model will be too aggressive.

I have the H40s and they seem almost perfect to me!

Thank you!

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #3,745 of 5,044
Hello,

The fear I have is that it will be too bright.
I prefer warm profiles and I am very sensitive to wheezing.

Thank you very much!!!
Not at all! The H50 has just the right amount of detail at the top without ever being sibilant. It's a great IEM for sure.

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #3,746 of 5,044
Hello,

The fear I have is that it will be too bright.
I prefer warm profiles and I am very sensitive to wheezing.

Thank you very much!!!
Just get them they are great, nothing to worry about. They play everything!

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #3,748 of 5,044
@AlexxxAA85 & @Redcarmoose, Thank you very much for your reply, I just ordered the H50!!!
This is all subjective and personal, the whole hobby is. But at times an IEM comes along with such well rounded musical ability that due to just it’s values at hand, it’s incredibly up for any style of music or file quality. But beyond that, the H50 sounds like a way more expensive IEM? Just make sure you get at least 100 hours of burn-in, as it makes them more congealed. Yet out of the box, even then, the H50 is thrilling. It’s one of the few IEMs that’s fine without burn-in, but get just better after. IMO

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3,749 of 5,044
Guys, it's a pleasure to meet you, I need an iem that doesn't "scream" in specific songs in my ears, and that continues to be melodious, the question is, which is the most comfortable one ergonomically speaking, and also in terms of harmonic sound? (example: the sound of bl-03, which knows how to touch your heart without screaming in your ears), I separated some, but I need your opinion to make me come to a conclusion on which one I should buy (remembering that I'm valuing comfort and musicality):

Penon Orb, Penon Serial, Penon Globe,
YanYin Aladdin,
ISN H40,
ISN H50,
KZ ESX,
any other..?

I can only choose one of these, and I need you to bang the hammer!

I need to know what is the best cost x benefit for you, from comfort to melodious musicality, I love lo-fi, some songs by justin bieber, bruno mars, daft punk, jazz..

Also tell me what is the most comfortable shell you've ever tried? I fell in love just seeing the penon orb shell

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #3,750 of 5,044
Penon Orb, Penon Serial, Penon Globe,
YanYin Aladdin,
ISN H40,
ISN H50,
KZ ESX
Of that list I have only heard the Penon Globe, ISN H40, ISN H50, but I have the Penon Serial on the way. I have never heard the BLON BL-03 but I have two other BLONs, and get your point. That’s the thing, there is a fine line between too much treble and correct excitement. What is over-the-top for some, is a cozy bed for others. Same with the bass and midrange, were some are looking for faster pace, and others fully accept a pronounced lower-midrange which demands attention.

I myself hold the ISN H50 and Penon Globe as equals. Though they are different and unique in their own way. You can read my recent reviews on both here at Head-Fi. The ISN H40, I did a review on too, and that could still be the one for you. The H40 is the most popular ISN to date and put them on the map. I just did an H40 review you can also read. The thing for me (for me) is that while the H40 is incredibly musical, the H50 brings more detail and pace. The H50 is a departure from any sound ISN played with before, and in many ways it’s tuned like my reference, the Sony IER-Z1R. While of the two Penon Globe and ISN H50, the bass texture is slightly missing from the Globe, yet the midrange is fully full of expansion and interest. Though you will also read of people switching cables to bring the Globe midrange farther up-front into focus. Where there is no denying that the Penon Globe works wonders adding musicality due to a style of low-end room response. If that’s your cup of tea, you almost have to hear the Globe. It’s somewhat thick and even syrupy! Haha

The H50 and the Globe surprised me in that they both go about to somehow show very little BA timbre. I truly don’t know how they accomplished this single fact? But they did it. And it’s a huge, huge issue if you love Hybrids. The timbre is noticed more by some and less by other listeners as it’s really a learned talent. Where you don’t notice off-timbre unless you’ve been around real instruments or heard real instruments during close to perfect electronic playback.

But in my whole collection, both the ISN H50 and Penon Globe seem to offer not only good timbre, but the BA sets seem to blend well. Meaning there are less holes in the playback, that things just fuse together, somehow?

Hope this helps you?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pe...ifi-audiophile-iem.25087/reviews#review-29019

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-h50.25550/reviews#review-28946

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-h40.24083/reviews#review-28747

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back