ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #1,921 of 5,044
Canceled my order for the D02... but went for the H40 instead

Sep 13, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,922 of 5,044
DO2s coming along nicely! Sednas brought out the bass even more and also the amping like DSnuts suggests releases monster level dynamics while tone remains excellent. Can't wait till my KBear 16 core cable arrives next Wed for cable makeover! Truly astounding iem for 70$ on sale and really good at any price!
DS is right on giving these a Golden Nut award! I'm listening out of Calyx M and the tone and Prat are wonderful!!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #1,924 of 5,044
What im going to say is, the H40 is created for rock! they have meaty bass and mids, with that grande performance combined by that energy and power power power. As oppose to my Mofasest Trio, they are a smooth guru, while H40 is all about big power. Very suitable for rock.
An advice, mod the nylon mesh if you want fast, and tighter bass without losing their meat and bold character.
Im running them on ibasso DX160, but this set is really easy to drive yet have potential to scale better with better DAP but i think your DX90 will pair good with them as they are good enough from my LG v40 too. They have very low impedance.

ISN Audio H40 not just for rock! Classical music too: the rich sound palette of instruments, dynamics, double bass in symphony orchestra, etc...

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,925 of 5,044
ISN Audio H40 not just for rock! Classical music too: the rich sound palette of instruments, dynamics, double bass in symphony orchestra, etc...

I know amd rock ismt particularly my main genre but they suits well for rock

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,927 of 5,044
Orb synergizes better with the ZX300 (MrWalkman ZX300++ firmware) having a well-rounded bass. The AK70ii has warmer tonality, with the bass being a bit scattered and slightly boomy with the Orb. The ISN D02, however, pairs well with the AK70ii adding a nice rumble while the switch is turned to ON.

I also find the vocals to be slightly more upfront on the D02 having the switch to ON, compared with having it toggled to 1. Still, the Orb wins on vocals with richness and body.

IMG_20200915_092627-01.jpeg

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #1,929 of 5,044
The T2+ doesn’t have good isolation, o/w I would totally rec it for your needs. The EA1/FD1 also doesn’t have great isolation, and the treble isn’t really extended past 10KHz. The IT00 has quite a bit more treble presence IMO. For you, I recommend considering the FiiO FH3. It has excellent bass, and clear, forward mids. While the treble isn’t necessarily higher in quantity, it is different, being produced by BAs, and may respond better to EQ. The isolation is actually surprisingly good, especially with foam ear tips and a deeper insertion.
The more I listen to the D02, the more I really like it. The bass keeps getting deeper and more textured, and micro detail is becoming more revealed over time. If only the treble were more extended with a slight increase in treble quantity, the D02 would be perfect for so many people.

After listening to the MEST for some time, I’m now listening to the D02 while the MEST continues to break in. FWIW, although the sound is very different, I’m still enjoying the D02 immensely. It’s not a let down at all, even in comparison. In fact, the D02 may be my #2 favorite IEM right now. No, the D02 is not better than the Tea IMO, but the Tea is somewhat redundant with the MEST.

I went to Tin T2+ thread...
Yup I ordered them from Linsoul. Worst case scenario, if they are not significantly better than my other budget iems I will gift them to someone. But I think they will be better or at least on pair. Better to save the extra money towards. .

Any impressions on Mest? From 2 YT reviews and some written reviews I've read I think Mest might be something to get our of the hobby (no new purchases) for a while.

Sep 15, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #1,930 of 5,044
I went to Tin T2+ thread...
Yup I ordered them from Linsoul. Worst case scenario, if they are not significantly better than my other budget iems I will gift them to someone. But I think they will be better or at least on pair.
I think you'll like them. The isolation is decent but not great, but having tried most of the current top budget contenders I would say for $50 you would be extremely hard-pressed to find better value for your money. Someone said that the T2+ is basically a fixed BLON BL-03 (tighter bass, no bleed into the mids, much better fit and comfort) and I would tend to agree with that.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,931 of 5,044
I recently got my hands on the grill modded H40. Loved the sound, hated the fit. Even with the grill mod, the bass was quite full for me, so can't imagine how would it have been in stock form. I compared it with my BGVP Artmagic DH3.

Soundstage and Presentation
H40 - Soundstage is very well rounded. Extend quite well in depth, and more in depth than in width. It is a quite holographic experience.
DH3 - Soundstage is more wide than deep. Depth is less than H40. Sounds a bit flatter compared to H40. However, because of less presence of subbass rumble, the presentation sounds more clean.

Separation and Imaging
H40 - It has much more air between different sounds, contributing to the holographic soundstage. Outstanding separation. Similarly outstanding imaging - different sources of sounds are very distinctly projected.
DH3 - Less air between different sounds, but nothing overlaps others. Good enough separation and acceptable air. Less impressive imaging, different sources are not that distinctly projected.

Bass
H40 - Meaty, full bodied, punchy, and has that sweet juicy rumble to give you the guilty pleasure. Gives a very enveloping feeling.
DH3 - Good punch, faster decay that makes the notes a bit drier than H40. Subbass has less focus than midbass. Midbass has good attack. No lingering presence of subbass rumble helps the presentation to stay clean. It is almost exactly what I look for in iems.

Mid:
H40 - Has good body and transparency. Nothing sounds fuzzy. Can be termed as warm, but not overly thick.
DH3 - Has slightly less body but equally transparent. Sounds slightly drier than H40, but absolutely not thin or cold. Less warm than H40 but has more edge to it.

High:
H40 - Transparent highs with good amount of body. Pretty similar to the Mid. Details are very good. Good extension.
DH3 - Similar to the mid, transparent with slightly less body, has more edge. Not at all thin or cold. Similarly good extension.

Fit:
H40 - Needs large ears to fit properly, sadly, I have average sized ears. Nozzle length is a bit shallow compared to the size. had to use large bore dual flange tips or large bore L sized tips to get the perfect fit. Not very comfortable for me.
DH3 - Extremely comfortable and snug fit. Even though the nozzle length is shallow, because of the much smaller size fits pretty good, while paired with the sky blue Vocal M tips.

Conclusion:
Wearing IEM for long time requires it to have a good fit, hence I'd have to choose DH3 over H40. Even though H40 is clearly superior in the sound department, has that juicy WOW factor, the comfort broke the deal.

P.s: H40 had very noticeable driver flex. DH3 has that too, but much less noticeable.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #1,932 of 5,044
I recently got my hands on the grill modded H40. Loved the sound, hated the fit. Even with the grill mod, the bass was quite full for me, so can't imagine how would it have been in stock form. I compared it with my BGVP Artmagic DH3.

H40 - Soundstage is very well rounded. Extend quite well in depth, and more in depth than in width. It is a quite holographic experience.
DH3 - Soundstage is more wide than deep. Depth is less than H40. Sounds a bit flatter compared to H40. However, because of less presence of subbass rumble, the presentation sounds more clean.

Separation and Imaging
H40 - It has much more air between different sounds, contributing to the holographic soundstage. Outstanding separation. Similarly outstanding imaging - different sources of sounds are very distinctly projected.
DH3 - Less air between different sounds, but nothing overlaps others. Good enough separation and acceptable air. Less impressive imaging, different sources are not that distinctly projected.

Bass
H40 - Meaty, full bodied, punchy, and has that sweet juicy rumble to give you the guilty pleasure. Gives a very enveloping feeling.
DH3 - Good punch, faster decay that makes the notes a bit drier than H40. Subbass has less focus than midbass. Midbass has good attack. No lingering presence of subbass rumble helps the presentation to stay clean. It is almost exactly what I look for in iems.

Mid:
H40 - Has good body and transparency. Nothing sounds fuzzy. Can be termed as warm, but not overly thick.
DH3 - Has slightly less body but equally transparent. Sounds slightly drier than H40, but absolutely not thin or cold. Less warm than H40 but has more edge to it.

High:
H40 - Transparent highs with good amount of body. Pretty similar to the Mid. Details are very good. Good extension.
DH3 - Similar to the mid, transparent with slightly less body, has more edge. Not at all thin or cold. Similarly good extension.

Fit:
H40 - Needs large ears to fit properly, sadly, I have average sized ears. Nozzle length is a bit shallow compared to the size. had to use large bore dual flange tips or large bore L sized tips to get the perfect fit. Not very comfortable for me.
DH3 - Extremely comfortable and snug fit. Even though the nozzle length is shallow, because of the much smaller size fits pretty good, while paired with the sky blue Vocal M tips.

Conclusion:
Wearing IEM for long time requires it to have a good fit, hence I'd have to choose DH3 over H40. Even though H40 is clearly superior in the sound department, has that juicy WOW factor, the comfort broke the deal.

P.s: H40 had very noticeable driver flex. DH3 has that too, but much less noticeable.

Nice comparisons! Have you try to insert H40 with deep insertion? Twist and rotate a bit and let the bottom part go deep, use smaller eartips than your usual, then push the bottom part of shell while a bit twisting it.
I have difficult fit at first but after reducing eartips size and try very deep insertion with bottom part pushed, they are become great fit to me

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #1,933 of 5,044
Nice comparisons! Have you try to insert H40 with deep insertion? Twist and rotate a bit and let the bottom part go deep, use smaller eartips than your usual, then push the bottom part of shell while a bit twisting it.
I have difficult fit at first but after reducing eartips size and try very deep insertion with bottom part pushed, they are become great fit to me
If I use any smaller tips I cannot get the fit and seal. Tried deep insertion also, but didn't serve the purpose. Narrow bore eartips just made the bass too boomy, so that's unusable. I get what you are saying, I myself do that on DH3 also sometimes. But reducing the eartip size breaks the seal totally.

Sep 16, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #1,934 of 5,044

Separation and Imaging

Bass

Mid:

High:

Fit:

Conclusion:

Suggestion. Either Spiral Dots or Azla Sedna Earfits. For the right ears can make a real seal.

Sep 16, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #1,935 of 5,044
Suggestion. Either Spiral Dots or Azla Sedna Earfits. For the right ears can make a real seal.
Trying to get them. Not available locally. Importing will increase cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back