ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 17, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,456 of 5,044
Every new iem is a big money pit trap- the guy I bought these off of owns many $50-$1000 iems and his favorites were the NF audio nm-2 surprisingly, which are are only $100.
I like NM2 too. It is crisp and clear sounding. The IT00 is also very good. Of course, there is a limit in performance as indicated by the price hence can't expect them to rival flagship IEMs.These IEMs basically have excellent price to performance ratio.

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,459 of 5,044
A couple hours later and Ive come to the same very obvious conclusion everyone else has. They're both good at different things. The orb sound a bit congested in comparison but much more natural and full sounding. The H40 sound a bit more metallic and hollowed out but there is a much larger soundstage, the sound is more crisp and airy too. I find the H40 shine in tracks where there's a lot going on because of its good seperation and soundstage, while the orb shine in more focused tracks with less going on because of how smooth and natural they sound.

I may keep both but I find myself liking the orb just slightly more. Only if there was an iem with the orb sound and the H40 soundstage and seperation.

youve gone
They aren't metallic sounding but next to the penon orb it's a little tinnier sounding?

Treble? treble was odd for me. airy but not satisfying. is this what youre talking about? orb has a better quality sound to it

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #1,460 of 5,044
youve gone

Treble? treble was odd for me. airy but not satisfying. is this what youre talking about? orb has a better quality sound to it
tenor.gif

Jul 18, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #1,462 of 5,044
Yeah, I'm not sure how to describe it but, it sounded it a bit dug out compared to the penon orb? While the orb's range felt more full. I think the trade off here is the soundstage and airiness.
Yea there is a trade off hence you can't just have 1 IEM :p

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #1,465 of 5,044
They are actually very identical on the H40. Going from one tip to the other. Xelastecs seals extremely well in the ear so there is just smidge more bass presence but if I press the Sendafits into my ears and they fit snug. It is hard to figure out which tips is what. Isolation is better on the Xelastecs.

Sendafits sits a mm or two longer on the nozzle the Xelastecs sits a bit more shallow on the nozzle. Is shorter than the Sendafit. If a bit of extra isolation is worth a few bucks more. I would go for the Xelastecs.

Jul 20, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #1,466 of 5,044
So, I pulled the trigger on the H40 and the Penon Orb. H40 arrived today. I'm blown away. I have many iems from all price ranges from Blon 03 to hifiman re2000 etc. I have been buying product for a while. Akg n3003, Shure 845, Senn ie 800 where a big deal a while ago. What has amazed me is the quality and versatility of today's iems! For this price, I'm amazed at the sound. It's perfect for me and what I listen to. The bass has outstanding quality and texture. The mids wrap you in an organic warmth that is intoxicating. No peaks, linear and smooth. Lovely. The highs are airy and shimmery. Again perfect to my ears. Not metallic at all. The soundstage is huge. Depth and width. Imaging, separation are all well above average. The biggest thing for me is cohesion. Everything sounds tight and in total harmony across the frequencies. For the price these are exquisite. Yes I have expensive items which have better treble extension and detail retrieval but lack emotion. Sometimes to much detail extracts from actually connecting to what you're listening to. Isn connects with me. On many levels. Far far better to my ears to the audio legacy 3. Im looking forward to hearing the Orbs .. I will make a comparison soon as they arrive. If you want an iem with great textured bass, exotic and lush mids and smooth , shimmery treble you really cant go wrong with the H40

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #1,467 of 5,044
So, I pulled the trigger on the H40 and the Penon Orb. H40 arrived today. I'm blown away. I have many iems from all price ranges from Blon 03 to hifiman re2000 etc. I have been buying product for a while. Akg n3003, Shure 845, Senn ie 800 where a big deal a while ago. What has amazed me is the quality and versatility of today's iems! For this price, I'm amazed at the sound. It's perfect for me and what I listen to. The bass has outstanding quality and texture. The mids wrap you in an organic warmth that is intoxicating. No peaks, linear and smooth. Lovely. The highs are airy and shimmery. Again perfect to my ears. Not metallic at all. The soundstage is huge. Depth and width. Imaging, separation are all well above average. The biggest thing for me is cohesion. Everything sounds tight and in total harmony across the frequencies. For the price these are exquisite. Yes I have expensive items which have better treble extension and detail retrieval but lack emotion. Sometimes to much detail extracts from actually connecting to what you're listening to. Isn connects with me. On many levels. Far far better to my ears to the audio legacy 3. Im looking forward to hearing the Orbs .. I will make a comparison soon as they arrive. If you want an iem with great textured bass, exotic

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,468 of 5,044
So, I pulled the trigger on the H40 and the Penon Orb. H40 arrived today. I'm blown away. I have many iems from all price ranges from Blon 03 to hifiman re2000 etc. I have been buying product for a while. Akg n3003, Shure 845, Senn ie 800 where a big deal a while ago. What has amazed me is the quality and versatility of today's iems! For this price, I'm amazed at the sound. It's perfect for me and what I listen to. The bass has outstanding quality and texture. The mids wrap you in an organic warmth that is intoxicating. No peaks, linear and smooth. Lovely. The highs are airy and shimmery. Again perfect to my ears. Not metallic at all. The soundstage is huge. Depth and width. Imaging, separation are all well above average. The biggest thing for me is cohesion. Everything sounds tight and in total harmony across the frequencies. For the price these are exquisite. Yes I have expensive items which have better treble extension and detail retrieval but lack emotion. Sometimes to much detail extracts from actually connecting to what you're listening to. Isn connects with me. On many levels. Far far better to my ears to the audio legacy 3. Im looking forward to hearing the Orbs .. I will make a comparison soon as they arrive. If you want an iem with great textured bass, exotic and lush mids and smooth , shimmery treble you really cant go wrong with the H40
@Dsnuts I bought them on the back on your review. Thanks bro.

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #1,469 of 5,044
@Dsnuts I bought them on the back on your review. Thanks bro.

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #1,470 of 5,044
Glad your happy with the H40s. They really did an awesome job with them. I am looking forward to see what they come up with next. If you have some cables on hand I would try this and that. You will be surprised just how much the H40s scale with cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back