ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jul 15, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #1,429 of 5,044
Does any of the height increase in soundstage for any of you guys? My soundstage have improved vastly especially on the height perspective, as I always enjoy when the height has increased to about the forehead/inbetween eyes.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #1,430 of 5,044
Just ordered the H40 from Penon---was really torn between this and the D10.
The reviews on both have been excellent and make a decision very difficult----will probably end up getting the D10
at some point down the road. Keep telling myself--no more audio purchases !

Most reviews declare the H40 as the best iem of 2019 at this price range and a "must have"....
just cannot help myself! 🎶😜

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,432 of 5,044
Hey guys,

I‘m a happy owner of the H40, but I‘m looking for some different tips.
Currently I‘m using the m size (the second biggest from the white/green ones and the third biggest of the black/red ones) and they‘re a little bit too big for my ears.
They fit very well, but after a few minutes my ears start to hurt and after 1 hour it is really painful and I have to remove them.

The smaller version is too small and I don‘t get a good seal.

Do you have any recommendations?

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #1,433 of 5,044
The latest rage are these. Will try them tonight with the H40.
1594833239656.png

Azla Xelastecs sold on amazon. Pic curtesy of audio321

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #1,436 of 5,044
Hey guys,

I‘m a happy owner of the H40, but I‘m looking for some different tips.
Currently I‘m using the m size (the second biggest from the white/green ones and the third biggest of the black/red ones) and they‘re a little bit too big for my ears.
They fit very well, but after a few minutes my ears start to hurt and after 1 hour it is really painful and I have to remove them.

The smaller version is too small and I don‘t get a good seal.

Do you have any recommendations?
To me, the best tips for the H40 are the Spiral Dot. Wide bore and comfortable. Azla sedna earfit short are a close second.

Jul 15, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,437 of 5,044
To me azla sedna short with deep insertion is the best (havent get the azla xelastec)
The spiral dot regular comes second
Spiral dot++ third (they made overall sound a bit bouncy and imaging isnt as sharp as sedna short).

That based on Sound only.

Comfort wise, spiral dot++ is the best

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #1,438 of 5,044
Thanks for your suggestions. Hard to get them here in Germany, shipping is quite expensive.

And about the spiral dot, I don‘t know which size I need so I would have to order three different sizes, almost 100$. Almost as expensive as the H40s. :smile:

Edit: Ah, at Penonaudio I can order three different sizes (unfortunately not L) for 11$.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #1,440 of 5,044
Thanks for your suggestions. Hard to get them here in Germany, shipping is quite expensive.

And about the spiral dot, I don‘t know which size I need so I would have to order three different sizes, almost 100$. Almost as expensive as the H40s. :smile:

Edit: Ah, at Penonaudio I can order three different sizes (unfortunately not L) for 11$.

Hey, check out mtmaudio.com, you may get 3 pairs for €21.90 shipping included.

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-dot-silicon-earphone-eartips-5-sizes-3-pairs

Edit: They have stock of size L right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back