ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Mar 23, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #901 of 5,046
So I'm quiet happy with my H40 but the D10 sound also very good.

Can anyone give a quick comparison? Bass seems the D10 a little bit faster. But what are the differences in the mids and highs?

I'm listening most of the time to metal and rock and when I read that the D10 are better for that genre I feel a little addiction to shopping.
They just got released last week, how can you possibly ask for comparison? Only a few reviewers got them early, the rest of us will get it in the coming days/weeks. Dsnuts just posted a comparison, that's it, you won't get more until more people get theirs...
Be patient young padawan!

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #902 of 5,046
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #903 of 5,046
Update impression time. D10 got around 40 hours of straight burn in. Sound is most definitely tighter, cleaner with better imaging than when I heard it last. Just for grins I threw on the ISN S8 the cable that comes with the H40 on it. It thickens up the sonics a touch. Going back to the S4 on the D10. S4 is most definitely the better cable. Sounds more focused as well as giving out the wider stage vs the S8. If your an owner of the H40. You can swap out cables as it will mesh with the D10 and you can throw on the S4 on the H40 for a wider more technical take on the H40. S8 does add some body to the sonics of the D10 which some actually may like better than the S4 on the D10.
DSC07065.JPG
So these have a broad wide clean sound. Got really good imagery too. You really can't ask for better detail from a single dynamic for what your paying. These don't skimp out on the details of tracks that should be there. Treble is extended well with the main emphasis in the lower treble but extends well enough into upper treble. Tonality in the treble region is very natural and don't sound overly emphasized or lacking in any way. Bass bloom is proper and doesn't over shadow any of the lower mids. That bass end is now even tighter and has really nice control in the region.

The difference between the H40 vs the D10. You get one that is a fuller grand musical presentation in the H40. The D10 while is not as meaty sounding it is the modern take on the fun tuning. It is a technical V shaped in signature done right. Meaning mids aren't up in your grill but due to the clarity and definition. Don't sound lacking or too recessed. This design helps increase that wide sense of stage by the way. The tuning does lend to that sound you want to hear with modern genres. Rock metal, EDM, Hip hop. Pop. Jazz., Mid range is not as forward as the H40 but makes up for it with a nice large spacious airy wide sound. When taken as a whole these are in deed an excellent deal. This is how I imagined the DM-480 was going to be. Think much more refined, technical spacious DM480 and you will get a good idea the sonics on the D10. These actually compliment the H40. Both are versatile but the D10 has that fun factor when your listening to your EDM. H40 has the immersive factor when your listening to your well recorded acoustic tracks. Sub bass roll off is non existent with this model. Your gonna hear every detail in the bass region. These will rumble your face off. Lol.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #904 of 5,046
Both do metal well but I think the D10 has a slight edge for metal. It has the faster bass out of the two. Both has punchy bass but it seems the D10 has a more quicker decay which matters for double kick drums. H40 bass dynamic is not the fastest

I mentioned earlier but both has good stage. NA1 is tuned to have that reference type definition. It has a slight cooler tonality due to the treble extension and detail. If your a treble guy or a macro/micro detail guy. NA1 will be enlightening for you.

The D10 has more in the way of bass emphasis vs the treble skew U fr tuning of the NA1. Sub bass on the NA1 is no weak sauce. Both might be similar there but since the D10 is not a treble biased tuning, It is more sub bass biased. D10 has a bit wider stage vs the NA1. Isolates a bit better too. NA1 is a more for discriminating detail oriented listen. The D10 is more you can listen to it the whole day, enjoy a punchy bass w excellent low end rumble, engaging and fun to listen to all day type of listen. Hope this helps.

Your getting an excellent premium cable with the D10 by the way. The NA1 has a gimpy noodle stock cable with a stiff ear guides that you will be able to feel behind your ears. This alone will make you want to change up the stock cable. Value= D10 wins in that category all day long.

Really helpful!! thankyou

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #905 of 5,046
Just for you guys.

"Hi dear friends

ISN D10 just launched, we make a promotional price of USD135,the coupon code is PA101010, provide DHL service with extra USD15, and plus supply 25PCS masks for free for the customers who need it.

Here are the links:

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-d10.html

https://penonaudio.com/covid-19-customer-reinforcements.html

best regards

If you guys are smart I would take up on the masks. That is going to be more valuable than gold in these times. Go out in public when there is a lock down to get your groceries. You know what to do. Cover your face. I applaud Penon for doing this.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #908 of 5,046
Just for you guys.

"Hi dear friends

ISN D10 just launched, we make a promotional price of USD135,the coupon code is PA101010, provide DHL service with extra USD15, and plus supply 25PCS masks for free for the customers who need it.

Here are the links:

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-d10.html

https://penonaudio.com/covid-19-customer-reinforcements.html

best regards

If you guys are smart I would take up on the masks. That is going to be more valuable than gold in these times. Go out in public when there is a lock down to get your groceries. You know what to do. Cover your face. I applaud Penon for doing this.

Thanks for the discount,will you sell this product on the aliexpress site,we can buy cheaper using this discount code and using aliexpress coupons,thanks.

Mar 24, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #911 of 5,046
Been using Azla sendafit tips. Spiral dots should be similar. I havent really tried too many tips yet. ISN sent me a production ISN D10 but with tips that are too small for me so I had to use my large Alza tips. I would imagine the tip selection would be similar to the H40.

Looks like I will take my leave of work duties and I will be spending much more time at home so I will have a lot more to add to the threads.

I am looking forward to see what you all have to say about the D10. For the sale price going on right now it is a great deal.

Mar 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #912 of 5,046
Looks like I will take my leave of work duties and I will be spending much more time at home so I will have a lot more to add to the threads.

Is that a threat! Sounds like you need a hobby. :yum:

Mar 24, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #915 of 5,046
I'm usually one for details and the treble, but the blon 03s have got me quite into bass lately. the ISN models definitely have the hype behind them, and look to be much more well regarded then something like the DM6.

so I'm thinking about picking one of them up, the D10 for 110£ is very tempting I must say. so I ask, should I do this? am I right to believe the D10 is the more detailed and sharp of the two?

or perhaps should I go for a TSMR model, I ask because I'm not a basshead- but I do want an IEM with strong bass, just not one dominated by it.

I've been listening to a lot of stuff like this lately. I'm really trying to find a set to make tracks like these shine. sorry if I ask too many questions :sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back