ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN H60!
Aug 30, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #4,681 of 5,156
After a month break i listen again EST50 and with iBasso DX320X, stock tips and Penon Vocal cable this iem is outstandig.
I tried it with different sources but nothing went close to iBasso AMP11.2s matching, Bass, mids , highs everything is fantastic to my ears :)
If you own a DX320X worth a try with EST50 and vice versa of course :D

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #4,682 of 5,156
I haven't been able to post much lately but got to say, the NEO 5 sounds much better with the Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips.

It's like they were made for the NEO 5. Boosts technicalities a lot and gives the NEO 5 more details, soundstage, and treble extension.

ISN Neo 5.jpg

ISN Neo 5-1.jpg

I highly recommend these eartips for the NEO 5 and the 10th AE. Very expensive tips but it's worth it for these IEMs in my opinion.

Tried them with the Monarch MKIII but they changed the tuning too much for my liking.

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #4,683 of 5,156
I haven't been able to post much lately but got to say, the NEO 5 sounds much better with the Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips.

It's like they were made for the NEO 5. Boosts technicalities a lot and gives the NEO 5 more details, soundstage, and treble extension.

ISN Neo 5.jpg

ISN Neo 5-1.jpg

I highly recommend these eartips for the NEO 5 and the 10th AE. Very expensive tips but it's worth it for these IEMs in my opinion.

Tried them with the Monarch MKIII but they changed the tuning too much for my liking.
Hmmm I tried those on my Neo5 but size M is not giving a good isolation for some weird reasons. All my other eartips in size M are perfect with Neo5 except for the Coreir Brass. I might have to try bigger size.
For now I find Dunu S&S a perfect match for these and also Spinfits W1

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #4,684 of 5,156
Hmmm I tried those on my Neo5 but size M is not giving a good isolation for some weird reasons. All my other eartips in size M are perfect with Neo5 except for the Coreir Brass. I might have to try bigger size.
For now I find Dunu S&S a perfect match for these and also Spinfits W1
I'm using the medium size Coreir tips with the NEO 5 and it fits my ears perfectly. Very solid seal.

Hopefully you find the right size because the Coreir tips elevates the NEO 5 to amazing levels. In my opinion, NEO 5 is the best bang for your buck IEM under $500, especially with the Coreir tips.

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #4,686 of 5,156
Sep 1, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #4,687 of 5,156
I'm using the medium size Coreir tips with the NEO 5 and it fits my ears perfectly. Very solid seal.

Hopefully you find the right size because the Coreir tips elevates the NEO 5 to amazing levels. In my opinion, NEO 5 is the best bang for your buck IEM under $500, especially with the Coreir tips.
Actually, I went and ordered both M and MS..
Just tried it with MS and oh boy it's so much better!
I guess it's a problem with the brass part of the eartips makes them stick out a little from the nozzle. That way I couldn't get a good seal with size M, but MS solve it!
Those tips are dope , I also use them on FD5 and Zetian Wu

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #4,689 of 5,156
A bit late to the party, but here's a review of the ISN H30: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-h30.26130/reviews#review-31691

H30_5.jpeg

Considering the H30 was released a year ago, it is surprisingly still quite competitive against some $100ish hybrids that released this year. It has a U-shaped balanced tuning with good timbre for a BA containing IEM. Sonion containing gear is usually priced much higher, so the H30 has quite good sound for the coin.

TLDR:

Pros:

Generous accessories
Solid and beautiful shells
Good comfort despite larger housings
Easily driven
Good isolation
Choice drivers like Knowles and Sonion BAs at this price-point
Balanced mild U-shaped tonality
Smooth and safe treble, without shoutiness
Decent timbre for a BA containing pair

Cons:
Driver flex
Roll-off in sub-bass and upper treble - not for bassheads or trebleheads
Average soundstage
Blunted edge definition of notes

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #4,691 of 5,156
Did ISN audio is able to create plain bad IEM? It doesn't look like it since even the H30 that doesnt charm me bass department wise is an excellent value hybrid.

After having tested the D10, H30, H40 and Neo5, it's the H50 turn.
1DD+4BAs hybrid that is all about bass slam and lush fully bodied mids with smooth yet detailed and energic treble enough.

Another master of tone and timbre for ISN, which nail musicality for me.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-h50.25550/reviews#review-31818

1695129997908.png

Sep 24, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #4,692 of 5,156
From my soon to be released Rhodium Plug review:
DSC_0184.jpegqq.jpeg

Top to bottom:
Penon Rhodium 3-in-1 Plug $29.00
ISN CS02 with Rhodium Plug $69.90
Penon OSG with Rhodium Plug $299.00

3 in 1 Series:
Penon OBSIDIAN $149.00
Penon Leo Plus $249.00
Penon Mix (with 3-in-1 Palladium "Purple" Plug) $149.00 (Cable by itself)
Penon Space $99.90

Each style of cable produces alternate sonic properties. But what if you could buy a single $29.00 (additive plug) to enhance an IEM/Cable set-up you already have in place?

That's what the $29.00 Penon Rhodium Plug is about.
That's what the $29.00 Penon Palladium "Purple" Plug is about.

Compatible models:

PENON 3-in-1 cables: Penon OBSIDIAN , Penon Mix , Penon Storm , Penon Impact cable , Penon Space , Penon Totem , Penon Leo plus
ISN 3-in-1 cables: ISN Solar , ISN H2 , ISN S2 , ISN C2

DSC_0171.jpegww.jpeg
DSC_0021.jpegf.jpeg

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #4,694 of 5,156
Guys, any comparison between Neon 5, Hype2 and Serial? I'm trying to get my first pair of iems. Thanks
I can talk a little about the Hype2 v the Serial.

Don't have Neon 5.

Hype2 shows a definitive example of the Thieaudio sound......which is very even and correct yet slightly thick and dense......and the way they tuned the top-end seems to add to that lesser air broadcasted? Yet the Hype2 has way, way more bass than the Serial. A lot of bass, yet its style becomes unusually balanced regardless, or at least it comes off with you thinking that way? Where the Serial is slightly warm, but the difference is the Serial showcases Penon mids.......but even more mids due to just how neutral it is. Before the Fan 2 the Serial was the most neutral Penon there was. Still the Serial magic comes from 3 DDs somehow in union of intent. Due to the DDs and not BAs...........the whole thing with the Serial is added note weight.........note weight to everything. Nothing is separated like Hybrids............and it seems like all the drivers are one. Also since the Hype2 has BAs in a Hybrid configuration, you can hear the slight BA timbre.............but it is really well done as far as instruments sounding real................it's just you can't escape a little metal sound from the BAs?

The Serial is smooth and careful, robust and still separated to show the items in the stage......while the Serial bass isn't necessarily considered fast, there is a charm, that makes the Serial still robust and have character besides the clarity arrived at by being more neutral. Where the Hype2 is almost like a wall of sound with the 2X DDs and still careful with the blended mids and treble.........still the Serial is simply more midrange focused. Hope this helps?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back