ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 30, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #3,976 of 5,045
H30 getting some head time almost everyday, always been sceptic about with burn in. Still I have burned in headphones and iems, I have had 2 pieces of gear that i truly did find to change and one of them has been H30.
Probably used them and burned them in over 200-300hours, wife tried them when I got them. She did find them musical but 2 much for her, she tried them again last day and listened for hours. For me this says something.

Prefer them without any EQ, but for anyone who needs more low end why not make low shelf boost?

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #3,977 of 5,045
H30 getting some head time almost everyday, always been sceptic about with burn in. Still I have burned in headphones and iems, I have had 2 pieces of gear that i truly did find to change and one of them has been H30.
Probably used them and burned them in over 200-300hours, wife tried them when I got them. She did find them musical but 2 much for her, she tried them again last day and listened for hours. For me this says something.

Prefer them without any EQ, but for anyone who needs more low end why not make low shelf boost?
Believe it or not I didn't quite believe in burn in as well....at least didn't have that problem with Fiio IEMs, but....H50 required some time to reveal it's capabilities, especially when I switched the cable. Maybe it could be a placebo or my brain got used to it, I can't tell really!!?😆 But tip rolling is also a great deal and I believe it alters the sound in some way

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #3,978 of 5,045
Believe it or not I didn't quite believe in burn in as well....at least didn't have that problem with Fiio IEMs, but....H50 required some time to reveal it's capabilities, especially when I switched the cable. Maybe it could be a placebo or my brain got used to it, I can't tell really!!?😆 But tip rolling is also a great deal and I believe it alters the sound in some way
Yeah tip rolling is a must, going from small bore to a more open bore changes both the low end and highs.

Oct 30, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3,979 of 5,045
I know everyone is on the H30 hype right now, but i do have an H50 set I'm thinking of selling. Just wanted to see if anyone is interested before i post it on the classifieds. But I'm not even sure about putting it on the classifieds since it's such an obscure brand/set lol

Oct 30, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #3,981 of 5,045
I know everyone is on the H30 hype right now, but i do have an H50 set I'm thinking of selling. Just wanted to see if anyone is interested before i post it on the classifieds. But I'm not even sure about putting it on the classifieds since it's such an obscure brand/set lol
What don't you like about the H50's?

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #3,982 of 5,045
What don't you like about the H50's?
There's nothing I don't like! It's just that if you check my signature, i have several other IEMs that get more listening time. I keep reaching for others and i think it's probably time for them to go to a good home.

Nov 2, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3,983 of 5,045
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #3,984 of 5,045
All kinds of sales now at Penon Audio!
ISN Audio H50 4BA + 1DD Hybrid MMCX HiFi In-ear Earphone Audiophile IEMS

US $275.00

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102215375
Aliexpress ISN store states that the price of the H30 has been reduced from ca. USD 260.- to USD 130.-. I don’t think that the ISN H30 was ever priced at USD 260.- on the Penon Audio website.

In this case, the 50% discount is misleading and actually does not exist.

What do you think guys?

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,985 of 5,045
Aliexpress ISN store states that the price of the H30 has been reduced from ca. USD 260.- to USD 130.-. I don’t think that the ISN H30 was ever priced at USD 260.- on the Penon Audio website.

In this case, the 50% discount is misleading and actually does not exist.

What do you think guys?
The added coupons do bring a discount overall but it is misleading. Unfortunately I think it’s encouraged by the likes of Aliexpress and Amazon. As it seems very common to bump up the price prior a sale for a bigger discount promo.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #3,986 of 5,045
DSC00487.JPG
Sorry bout the bad pic folks. ISN S2 w Moonlight, ISN H2 with Serial, ISN C2 with the MEAOES EAGLE.

Ok so it is that time of the year when you will see newness. Newness in all things related to our hobby including shiny new IEM cables.

The sheer varieties of IEM cables are even greater than the actual IEMS they were meant to be used for and the sound guys at ISN has created their newest cables in the C2,H2, and S2 cables. One aspect I appreciate about ISN cables is that their cable name describes what the cables are.

C2 stands for Copper 2 core, H is hybrid 2 core and as you can guess Silver plated 2 core.

When I initially was sent the cables for evaluation I made a classic mistake I will own up to and that was quickly judging these after a quick listen using the C2 on the new MEAOES Eagles IEM.

Lets get real, you spend extra to get extra. You don't buy a turbo charger for an engine to get no gains in power right? The Eagles comes with a very nice, albeit basic copper cable that matches extremely well with the Eagles tuning. So I figured I would try out the C2 on them as it has been the IEM I have been listening to a lot lately. Initially I was thinking they aren’t much of an upgrade. They kinda gave the similar vibes as the stock copper cables actually. Both being copper cables and all.

But then I started to listen to more tracks which eventually turned into an hour long session.
Then I changed back to the stock cable. OK here we go. Now I can tell the difference.The stock cable make the Eagle sound not as good. Not as defined, aha I should have known. This is how you test out a cable by the way. Get used to hearing a sound with the new parameter, the new parameter being the new ISN C2 cable, then switching back to the original cable it came with. I wanted to put the C2 back onto the Eagles right away. But that is what made me realize. The new ISN C2 is not just your average aftermarket IEM cable.

I went back and forth using the same music tracks and now it was clearly evident the C2 is not just a clear upgrade but now I dont like the sound of the Eagles without it. Lol. Conclusion? Not all copper cables are the same. I know non cable guys want you to think a coat hanger copper is the same as a high end copper cable. But my ears are telling me the resolve of the ISN C2 is much greater than that of this copper cable that comes with a $149 IEM.

So I took another cable out to test it but this time I threw them on a much higher end IEM. Yanyin moonlights. The cable I was using it with was no push over in the Effect Audio Cadmus. You guys can youtube this cable and see what that is about. I connected the S2 to the moonlight and I was actually expecting a bit of a degradation of the sonics on the Moonlight. Not only did I not get that but I got the best sounding Moonlight I have ever heard. Ok so this pairing clearly was telling me the ISN S2 was playing on a much higher level than I initially thought.

So let me break down what the cables are thus far. All 3 of the cables here look like they are made in the exact same way. All 3 are 2 cores with the same gauge and thickness, all 3 are very soft and flexible , All 3 have the same blue clear finish, most importantly all 3 of the cables include their new modular plug ins which means you can pull out the bottom 2/3rds of the connector and plug into the male end in any termination you want. All 3 cables come with the 3 most commonly used plugs. 3.5mm single ended. 2.5mm balanced and 4.4mm balanced plugs.

The ISN C2 is two cores of pure copper. It is most definitely a higher end pure copper type cable. For folks that already have some of the Penon cables. These I was told are actually better than the Penon Fiery cables. The difference in your standard sub $50 pure copper cable vs a higher end copper cable is that the C2 resolves on a different level. If you carefully listen to your music you will get better note separation, a cleaner blacker background. A more detailed imaging to the host IEM. Every note will have better distinction vs the standard copper warmer smoothening musical properties. This is what the C2 does. I will test out the cables in full form for my write up but for now. Yes these are clearly a higher end copper cable.

What happens if you add half the cores with a silver coating? You get the H2. This hybrid version of these new cables introduces a slightly more transparent C2 cable. Half silver plating means at its foundation you get everything the C2 cable does but these add just a bit of extra treble enhancing silver shares. These are like the medium well done steak where everything sounds juicy from the copper cores but want a bit of that crispy edge to your sounds. The hybrid version of these new IEM cables is the one to get if your not sure which cables to go for. It has half of both the C2 and the S2.

In theory if you can just choose one cable out of the 3, it makes logical sense to get the H2 and be done with. BUT this is where a bit of cable synergy comes into play. If you don’t want the cables to change the sound character of your IEM but want an uptick in resolution, detail and imaging aspects. Yes you would do well with the H2.

Go for the C2 for hybrid or BA type IEMs that do well with pure copper cables. You like your music with the best bass and mids presentation and take a premium to natural tonal character and dynamism the C2 is good like that. The H2 will be excellent for dynamic and well-balanced IEMs. The S2 is for max transmission for any type of IEMs that need the best transparency, warm IEMs that would match well with clean clear cable properties that enhances technical aspects of an IEM the S2 is the best out of the 3 for that.

S2 is the silver coated higher purity copper cable in 2 cores. These are for folks that want the most transparency possible out of the 3 brothers. These have the most silver content. Silver plating on a higher end copper yields the cable to be just as transparent as pure silver but adds a hint of extra body, dynamism and musicality from the copper cores. These are what you get if you want absolute detail. A high end IEM deserves a high end transmitting cable and that is what the S2 does extremely well. Its highly resolving properties are similar to what pure silver does. You have to know what flavoring you want your food to be. Mild spicy and hot.

Lets say your IEMs have a smoother treble tonal character or feels it could use a bit more treble extension. The S2 will be what your looking for. While the H2 sound shaping character is similar it is not exactly like 100% silver plating. These are what you get for warmer, full bodied sounding IEMs as these will enhance their technical ability, stage and treble presence.
DSC00488.JPG

In the end.
These cables are a clear gateway to higher end IEM cables. They boast some excellent transparency and will be a clear upgrade on any stock cable that was included with your IEMS. Thus far from my testing. These are going to be worth every penny Penon will be asking for a set. Be on the look out for their release unto the masses. Yet another excellent offering from ISN and Penon.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #3,987 of 5,045
14 minutes ago...........

He likes it as much as his own brand 1st creation, the Xinhs Erasmus. I agree with his impressions though I haven't heard his comparison sets. But he totally understands the ISN H30!

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #3,988 of 5,045

He likes it as much as his own brand 1st creation, the Xinhs Erasmus. I agree with his impressions though I haven't heard his comparison sets. But he totally understands the ISN H30!

If the Fan 2 were officially at it's VIP price, I'd say not so fast my friend. But if you don't get it at the VIP price then it's not in this argument :relaxed:

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #3,989 of 5,045
Here they are!

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-c2.html

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-s2.html

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-h2.html

ISN Audio C2 2 Shares 6N+ OCC HiFi Earphone IEM Replacement Cable
Specification

ISN C2
Brand: ISN Audio
Model: C2
Cable material: 6N+ OCC
Cable Cores: 2 shares 72 cores, the wire core is 0.08
Accessory material: Aluminum alloy + carbon fiber accessory
Plug: 3-in-1 detachable gold-plated plug
Cable length: 1.2M

ISN Audio S2 2 Shares 6N+ OCC Silver-plated HiFi Earphone IEM Replacement Cable
Specification

Model: S2
Cable material: 6N+ OCC silver-plated

ISN Audio H2 2 Shares 6N+ OCC & Silver-plated OCC Hybrid HiFi Earphone IEM Replacement Cable
Specification

Model: H2
Cable material: 6N+ OCC & silver-plated OCC hybrid

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #3,990 of 5,045

Great review and praise. Nice to see recognition from new to the brand and reputable reviewers. I’m tempted by the AQ4 sale price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back