ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #2,311 of 5,044
Its all about reference i guess, i also agree that the bass is nice but i do think the decay is slow if you compare it to IEMs such as the Ikko OH10, even the Fiio FH3 is a bit faster.
Ok well my reference is my Meze 99 Classics I don't own any other good headphones. I still have my Optoma NuForce HEM2 but I don't like these at all. I also have a pair of DT 770 Pro but I hate these cans.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #2,312 of 5,044
Its all about reference i guess, i also agree that the bass is nice but i do think the decay is slow if you compare it to IEMs such as the Ikko OH10, even the Fiio FH3 is a bit faster.
How do you find the OH10's bass compared to FH3?

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #2,314 of 5,044
Both more present and more controlled, it punches harder and decays quicker. It is a perfect sweetspot for me, i have already purchased 3 $200 IEMs in the search of a OH10 substitute with no luck. I had to return the OH10s because of fit issues :frowning2:
I have recently auditioned it...I found the stage lacking depth, the treble tonality slightly artifcial, and bass very slightly more loose than my preference. But overall it is an easy to like iem...just the lack of depth is something that makes me dissatisfied.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #2,316 of 5,044
Apr 10, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #2,317 of 5,044
Wow, i am very surprised to hear that, the bass tightness and the stage depth were the 2 things that really stood out for me. It is almost as if you heard a broken unit because the OH10 made the FH3 look bad for me, it is so much better, specially the bass control.

What was the source in which you heard it? My experience was with Tidal / Schiit Modi 3 / Schiit Magny Heresy. Maybe it scales well with desktop gear?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #2,318 of 5,044
Wow, i am very surprised to hear that, the bass tightness and the stage depth were the 2 things that really sood out for me. It is almost as if you heard a broken unit because the OH10 made the FH3 look bad for me, it is so much better, specially the bass control.

What was the source in which you heard it? My experience was with Tidal / Schiit Modi 3 / Schiit Magny Heresy. Maybe it scales well with desktop gear?
Probably that may be the reason. I was using it from Shanling UP4. I compared it with Penon Fan...while Fan did not have as much resolution as OH10, it definitely had much deeper stage.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #2,319 of 5,044
Alright im done with the Believe. Going to return or sell these. They are good quality but I think the isn h40 are still slightly better all around. My main issue with the believe is that they sounded anemic next to my other iems and too "shouty" and sharp, would have liked a lot more bass too. Trying to fix this with an eq didnt work for me, it made all the other frequencies too quiet, even with max volume, this is on the 9038s gen 2 dac, uapp and my K40 pro phone. You likely need an external amp + eq to bring the best out of these headphones. This apparently is the type of tuning a lot of people like apparently but it's not for me. I find it kind of fatiguing. The H40 isnt without issues too though, the bass is leaky and makes it sound stuffy and fatiguing in its own way. I had to pull out a bunch of my older and much cheaper iems to put things into perspective.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #2,320 of 5,044
I have recently auditioned it...I found the stage lacking depth, the treble tonality slightly artifcial, and bass very slightly more loose than my preference. But overall it is an easy to like iem...just the lack of depth is something that makes me dissatisfied.
Before I found the H40 I wanted to get the OH10 but something kept me off

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #2,321 of 5,044
Apr 11, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #2,323 of 5,044
Some reviews said they would have a v shape sound signature that's why I did not buy these.
Are you refering to the OH10?

Because yes, it does have a warm V-shaped sound. And quite a lot of sub-bass actually. The weight is the biggest issue of them though, because I cant use them more than an hour because its so damn heavy so it becomes fatiguing.

Apr 11, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #2,324 of 5,044

Users who are viewing this thread

Back