ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #4,022 of 5,041
Well I added the ISN G4 Cable to my H50's and love the new sound improvement, more musical, detailed, dynamic and exquisite tones....Thanks for the awesome tip Dsnuts!!
Totally loving this setup! Total cost around $400 but totally worth it, highly recommend this setup, its TOTL sound for sure!

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #4,023 of 5,041
Dunno if its the gear I am using or if its the long burn in of H30 and the brain. H30s bass has clearly moved more forward, and its not as sharp sounding. Before I only liked acoustic music and rock music, right now I'm having a euphoric listening experience playing some Psytrance. I'm glad that I took the chance on getting FAN 2 also, so one of the sets can stay with me in the car at work.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #4,024 of 5,041
Friends who own the H30: are there any non-stock tips that you feel fit you better? And regarding the cable, how was the synergy with the copper one that comes in the box? Has anyone tested any models from Nicehck, Hakugei or any other from Penon/ISN? Thanks in advance. My H30 will arrive here today

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #4,025 of 5,041
Friends who own the H30: are there any non-stock tips that you feel fit you better? And regarding the cable, how was the synergy with the copper one that comes in the box? Has anyone tested any models from Nicehck, Hakugei or any other from Penon/ISN? Thanks in advance. My H30 will arrive here today
The NiceHCK dual flange tips are fairly small and really suit the H30’s deep insertion. For me they are very comfortable give a great seal and sound on this set. I’m using a Penon OS133 cable which definitely is an improvement over the stock cable. Hope that helps!

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #4,026 of 5,041
The NiceHCK dual flange tips are fairly small and really suit the H30’s deep insertion. For me they are very comfortable give a great seal and sound on this set. I’m using a Penon OS133 cable which definitely is an improvement over the stock cable. Hope that helps!
Thank you friend! I went to research here and this Penon cable is at a good price!

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #4,027 of 5,041
Recently purchased the D10--fantastic! Now I have the D02 ,D10, H30, H40 and the H50. Just need the EST 50 to complete the collection.
I am definitely a huge fan of ISN Audio. Really love the quality of their products--fantastic build--excellent sound, nice packaging. Satisfied with every one--
IF anyone has an EST 50 they are looking to sell---let me know--would like to pick one up to complete the collection---thanks. :ksc75smile:

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #4,028 of 5,041
I settled on Radius Deep Mount. Also had very good results with Epro EP00, Azla Vivid and Max. Agree with @Echalon H30 goes well with tips that accommodate deep insertion.

Stock cable is decent enough but balanced output the way to go as they appreciate the extra power. Hope you enjoy them.

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #4,029 of 5,041
1669646575759.png

Ya the new DUNU S&S tips sold on Penon for 12.90 a set of 3 in any size you want. Highly recommended.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #4,030 of 5,041

The stock cable synergizes ok but I find it smears the H30’s bass too much. OS133 brings a noticeable improvement. Or if you have the budget for it, shoot for the S2, H2 or C2. All of them bring more texture and dynamism to the bass. Once I tried those on the H30, I never went back to stock.

IF anyone has an EST 50 they are looking to sell---let me know--would like to pick one up to complete the collection---thanks. :ksc75smile:

Currently still on sale at Penon’s AE store (and you can use coupons on top of that).

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #4,031 of 5,041
I second the OS133 with H30, but i think there's maybe something wrong with my stock cable. My best tip for deep insert with H30 has been Spinfit CP100.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #4,032 of 5,041
Choice of tips is as much to do with the ear shape of the listener as the IEM. If you haven’t tried already, it is worth testing all the models mentioned until you find the ones that give the best blend of fit and sound.

CP100, Dunu S&S, NiceHCK dual, Radius Deep Mount, etc. Like with the IEMs themselves there is no substitute for experimenting to find what works for you, although getting lots of recommendations is a great starting point!

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #4,033 of 5,041
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

My H30 arrived today and actually the fit is a bit problematic... So far I've only tested the stock tips. I have here the Spinfits CP100, CP145, Moondrop Springtips and Tri Clarion. I'll test these first, but I think the recommendations might give better results. HiFiGo replied that those S&S will be available on AliExpress in the next few hours.

The phone itself I really liked: good resolution overall, full-bodied mids and surprising bass with plenty of definition and texture. That's why it's worth investing a little more in it maybe. Seems to benefit from better amplification; my Topping G5 will arrive this week too and I will be able to test it better.

This recommended os133 cable I'm quite likely to pick up (at least the technical specs look pretty interesting). It'll be a good comparison - but what's in stock is already pretty good!

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #4,034 of 5,041
I'm interested in getting either the H40 or H50 (leaning towards H50), I'd be using them about 50/50 between music/gaming. I have a decent idea of their sonic differences from reading around here, but I'm curious if anyone here has experience with both for gaming (or movies/shows ig), in terms of how much the difference in their characteristics affect immersion/enjoyment, and precision/realisticness in locating sounds like footsteps? Wondering if any differences in this area would justify getting either over the other.

Also, any tips on uh, tips while I'm ordering from Penon audio? I tend to use both silicon and foam ones intermittently, and good isolation is also important for me. If penon doesn't have anything good in this regard it's fine, I'm mainly concerned about cost efficiency on this part.

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #4,035 of 5,041
I'm interested in getting either the H40 or H50 (leaning towards H50), I'd be using them about 50/50 between music/gaming. I have a decent idea of their sonic differences from reading around here, but I'm curious if anyone here has experience with both for gaming (or movies/shows ig), in terms of how much the difference in their characteristics affect immersion/enjoyment, and precision/realisticness in locating sounds like footsteps? Wondering if any differences in this area would justify getting either over the other.

Also, any tips on uh, tips while I'm ordering from Penon audio? I tend to use both silicon and foam ones intermittently, and good isolation is also important for me. If penon doesn't have anything good in this regard it's fine, I'm mainly concerned about cost efficiency on this part.
Just a tip, IEMs that has to much emphasis in 6-8k region will make your ears blead from gunshots in games.

I would recommend the Penon Serials, used it much this weekend in both BF, overwatch and PUBG. It has good pinpoint imaging in-game and a very good and fun sounding IEM. Maybe not the largest soundstage but quite good in direction. But the Serial can have too much bass for very competive gaming. This also goes for h40 and 50.

A neutral IEM with good details and soundstage imagining is usually best for the competive part, but then they can be boring on some genres of music. Screenshot_20221130-103218.png
Screenshot_20221130-102826.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back