ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #1,576 of 5,044
Hi, any chance you have heard the fiio fh3 as well? In that case which one would you choose between h40 and the fh3? Going to be my first serious iem purchase. I use soundmagic e10c for now.

FH3 and H40. I would say both earphones are nicely representative of their price points. FH3 is what I consider a technical yet fun sounding earphone. Meaning it has lots of bass. Cohesion of the sonics are not as good as the H40. H40 has one of best musical presentations out of the box. FH3 need burn in and a good cable imo for them to really strut their stuff. Stock cable is OK but not the best for the FH3.
Honestly I would go for which ever you can afford. FH3 is a good solid earphone and I think you will be happy with either purchase. Matter of likes is really a preference thing with earphones. If your a bass guy I would try the FH3. It doesnt have the expansive stage or immersion factor of the H40 but not bad in those departments.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #1,577 of 5,044
I just bought the D02 from Penon. With the 20% introductory discount coupon they sent me making it cheaper than the FiiO FD1 I bought last week it was just too hard not to do it.

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,578 of 5,044
I just bought the D02 from Penon. With the 20% introductory discount coupon they sent me making it cheaper than the FiiO FD1 I bought last week it was just too hard not to do it.
So tempting, but I must resist. Too many recent acquisitions. Did we all get individual coupon codes, or is it something we can share?

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,579 of 5,044
So tempting, but I must resist. Too many recent acquisitions. Did we all get individual coupon codes, or is it something we can share?

Nobody asked for the coupon code so far but I guess it's OK to share it since they don't ask not to in their email.

They are not likely to be at that price again so, even though, like you, I spent too much on IEMs lately, I still grabbed them as I'm interested in checking them out

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,580 of 5,044
So the D02 is here.....with its tuning switch. We know that ISN will supply a good cable with the D02. As for the tuning switch they say:-

"Equipped with a switch for 2 tuning styles. Switch up is suitable for vocals and acoustics. Switch down is suitable for edm and rock".

That's some difference. It's going to be interesting, but there is a lot of competition in this price range. I hope they do an iBasso and release this cheaper IEM, the D02, that will compete with it's higher echelon offerings. It was brave of iBasso to offer the it00, such a high quality IEM for the price. Will ISN Audio do the same with the D02. I really hope so. Exciting.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,581 of 5,044
Per an email:

We are promoting new IEM ISN Audio D02 with 20% OFF now.

This is a new product promotion offer, do not miss the opportunity, the promotion offer is valid until Aug 31 , only ONE chance.

Please use this coupon code when checkout: PA660510

Here is the purchase link:
https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-d02.html

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,582 of 5,044
So the D02 is here.....with its tuning switch. We know that ISN will supply a good cable with the D02. As for the tuning switch they say:-

"Equipped with a switch for 2 tuning styles. Switch up is suitable for vocals and acoustics. Switch down is suitable for edm and rock".

That's some difference. It's going to be interesting, but there is a lot of competition in this price range. I hope they do an iBasso and release this cheaper IEM, the D02, that will compete with it's higher echelon offerings. It was brave of iBasso to offer the it00, such a high quality IEM for the price. Will ISN Audio do the same with the D02. I really hope so. Exciting.

You bought them?

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #1,583 of 5,044
You bought them?
Yes....ordered them this morning. Got the 'email' from Penon. I'm leaking money on IEMs at the moment. I'll end up in Newgate Prison, the debtors prison if I don't stop. Still nice way to go. I mean ordered this morning.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #1,584 of 5,044
Interesting implementation of the sound switch. If the switch up is for vocals and instruments probably boosts mid range forwardness. And goes to a more V shaped tuning with the switch off. I would assume. I will be getting my set soon as well. Should be interesting. Looking forward to them.

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,587 of 5,044
Anyone know if we can soon expect ISN to release an (attempt to) upgrade the H40? I like what I've read so far about this set, but I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting something that is more resolving (I'm not talking fake "detail" with boosted treble, to be clear). Also not all that interested in having to mod something beyond trying new tips/cable these days. I, right or wrong, have moved on from my inquisitive/adventurous twenties, hahaha. I have so much to learn about all these brands.

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #1,588 of 5,044
Seems like the ISN D02 is just released. To sum it up, this is a very engaging sounding IEM with quick bass decay and moderate rumble, clear and transparent midrange, crisp treble and nice soundstage expansion. There is a switch to fine-tune the sound for more or less warmth. Like the H40, I can say this is a winner too. :)

1597822085735.png

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,589 of 5,044
Seems like the ISN D02 is just released. To sum it up, this is a very engaging sounding IEM with quick bass decay and moderate rumble, clear and transparent midrange, crisp treble and nice soundstage expansion. There is a switch to fine-tune the sound for more or less warmth. Like the H40, I can say this is a winner too. :)

1597822085735.png
Nice....
Would you say that sound overal is beyond its price range???

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #1,590 of 5,044

At last someone who has heard it.....hooray. We all bought it blind. You have listened to them for us, and I'm excited because we trust you. Looks another winner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back