ISINE LX
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #61 of 153
Audeze still has a lot of potential with the iSine series to be an endgame all-arounder, especially now that they have the iSine LX at $199. The modular design of the iSine would make adding a Bluetooth accessory seamless.

IMO the iSine design is extremely well-suited for a truly wireless AirPods style accessory. Neckband style would be adequate but not preferred. I’d take a long hard look at the iSine again if I could switch off between Bluetooth (instead of using AirPods) and a cable.

$199 for the iSine LX plus $49-$99 for a well-made Bluetooth accessory would be extremely tempting.
I like the iSine line, especially 20 and lcdi4. The LX, a lower model, has competition that is Bluetooth compatible, thx to mmcx connection. So, I agree that Audeze should do something with that.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #64 of 153
I received my iSine LX's today. Initial impressions are GREAT. I have auditioned the 10's for about 30 minutes straight once and I can say these are neck and neck with the 10's. I also own the m300's which at the time of their release were the best bang for the buck planar you could buy. These out class them IMHO. In both build quality and sound. I will give one nod to the m300's having a little wider soundstage but everything about the LX's are better. The packaging and presentation were stellar for $200. My m300 mmcx connections have now completly died after never disconnecting them, I was hoping they would last so I could do a better A/B impression of them both and now have to rely on memory. But based on what I know now the LX's are much smoother across the entire frequency spectrum compared to the m300's. When I first listened to the m300s they sounded honky in the mids and treble even after EQ they sounded better but something was off. The LX on the other hand for me doesn't need EQ, not even the recommended Audeze iSine EQ adjustments are not needed for my listening needs. On a side note I did try the house EQ with with the LX's and I noticed the sound performed just a smidgen better but there happened to be quite a bit of distortion in the bass region at higher volumes with any kind of EQ adjustments. I'm going to research this more because I remember reading somewhere on the iSine forums someone else had this same problem. For and in ear experience Audeze's line of isines are game changers for me anyways. These do not approach the levels of my old LCD2 and LCD3( God why did I sell them facepalm) but these LX's perform in spades for the money. I wish I had known these were coming I would have never spent my hard earned $150 on the m300s with above average planar sound and extremely poor QC issues. My next purchase is a balanced cable under $150 if some of you can help with that I'd appreciate it. I will post a full review hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #65 of 153
I received my iSine LX's today. Initial impressions are GREAT. I have auditioned the 10's for about 30 minutes straight once and I can say these are neck and neck with the 10's. I also own the m300's which at the time of their release were the best bang for the buck planar you could buy. These out class them IMHO. In both build quality and sound. I will give one nod to the m300's having a little wider soundstage but everything about the LX's are better. The packaging and presentation were stellar for $200. My m300 mmcx connections have now completly died after never disconnecting them, I was hoping they would last so I could do a better A/B impression of them both and now have to rely on memory. But based on what I know now the LX's are much smoother across the entire frequency spectrum compared to the m300's. When I first listened to the m300s they sounded honky in the mids and treble even after EQ they sounded better but something was off. The LX on the other hand for me doesn't need EQ, not even the recommended Audeze iSine EQ adjustments are not needed for my listening needs. On a side note I did try the house EQ with with the LX's and I noticed the sound performed just a smidgen better but there happened to be quite a bit of distortion in the bass region at higher volumes with any kind of EQ adjustments. I'm going to research this more because I remember reading somewhere on the iSine forums someone else had this same problem. For and in ear experience Audeze's line of isines are game changers for me anyways. These do not approach the levels of my old LCD2 and LCD3( God why did I sell them facepalm) but these LX's perform in spades for the money. I wish I had known these were coming I would have never spent my hard earned $150 on the m300s with above average planar sound and extremely poor QC issues. My next purchase is a balanced cable under $150 if some of you can help with that I'd appreciate it. I will post a full review hopefully soon.
Glad you are happy with your LX, but regarding you calling the m300 honky in the midst and treble, they definitely sound odd/bad with silicone tips. Using the Comply tips, the m300 is a pretty sweet sounding planar, and MMCX connection allows for several different Bluetooth APTX cables if so desired. I use one when I run, otherwise, I use a much lighter silver plated copper cable for them. Glad you like the LX, and I would love to do a comparison. I tool my m300 to a shop to do a comparison with the isine10, using the same tips, I didn't notice much difference

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #66 of 153
I guess I should have stated that I've been using comply tips for both the m300 and LX's and I bought a 2.5 mm balanced mmcx cable for the m300 and used it from day one. The detail retrieval and smoothness of the LX are what make it sound better over the m300. I must state that the build quality difference here is night and day. For anyone looking at both of these IEH's the extra $50 for the LX is worth it in accessories and build quality alone.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #67 of 153
I guess I should have stated that I've been using comply tips for both the m300 and LX's and I bought a 2.5 mm balanced mmcx cable for the m300 and used it from day one. The detail retrieval and smoothness of the LX are what make it sound better over the m300. I must state that the build quality difference here is night and day. For anyone looking at both of these IEH's the extra $50 for the LX is worth it in accessories and build quality alone.
ok to list the accessories or take a picture of them please? thanks.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #70 of 153
Has anyone gotten theirs shipped from Audeze? I ordered two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Also no response from Audeze customer service.
I believe that several members here have received their LX earphones. I ordered mine (plus the Cipher cable) on Jan. 13 and they arrived yesterday, ten days later. I had received an email on Jan. 10 from Audeze introducing the iSINE LX earphones with a couple of "BUY NOW" links in the email and claiming that they are available only in the U.S. - limit one to a customer. It took me a few days to realize that if I wanted them anytime soon, I had to order quickly.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #71 of 153
Here are some images of accessories and packaging. I will note that earlocks were not part of the LX line for some reason. I'm not worried because I've never used them.

Adobe_20180124_205043.jpg Adobe_20180124_205008.jpg 20180124_204233.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #73 of 153
So basically you get two pairs of ear hooks a shirt clip and ear wax cleaner a Velcro wire wrap and usb dongle for warranty, certificate, and user guide and I don't know what else cause I haven't looked at it. A carrying case and ear tips. And a credit card sized certificate of authinticy.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #75 of 153
So basically you get two pairs of ear hooks a shirt clip and ear wax cleaner a Velcro wire wrap and usb dongle for warranty, certificate, and user guide and I don't know what else cause I haven't looked at it. A carrying case and ear tips. And a credit card sized certificate of authinticy.

audeze include 3 pairs of "groovy" silicone tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back