ISINE LX
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #46 of 153
I received a pair of the iSineLX. Played "Flute Concerto in D" - Vivaldi. Focus is great...the flute piece is delicate and every note is distinct. The LX is a touch bright to me, but I'm a little sensitive to highs anyway. Bass is outstanding. "Roar" by Kashiwa Daisuke is nicely done, but somehow veiled. Lows are resonant. I expected a little more out of Bach Toccata and Fugue. The depth didn't seem to be there.

I then ran the Bach piece through the Reveal app and got a ton of distortion at the beautifully deep part around 49 seconds in. The Reveal app really makes the LX shine, but like I said, the lows are negatively impacted by some serious crackling. Very disappointing. I do think Reveal (app/plugin) adds depth and really opens up the sound. Cymbals are much more crisp and satisfying. Most lows are just impressive. "Bach Suite no. 2 for cello" from Chesky's "Sensational, Fantastic" in 24 bit is just about the perfect track for the LX.

So that's what I got out of it, but I'm a noob and I apologize if my descriptions are not in keeping with sanctioned lingo.

I haven't heard either but this sounds very M300-esque. Bright highs but slight lacking lows. The crackling sounds like distortion...do you know if it's the Reveal app adding the noise from clipping or are the drivers themselves distorting? What are you using to power and listen to them?

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #47 of 153
I haven't heard either but this sounds very M300-esque. Bright highs but slight lacking lows. The crackling sounds like distortion...do you know if it's the Reveal app adding the noise from clipping or are the drivers themselves distorting? What are you using to power and listen to them?
What tips are you using with the m300, because they've never been BRIGHT to my ears. I use foam tips. The ones included before purchasing Comply. The silicone tips leave a lot to be desired. Silicone gives a tinny sound presentation, and I refuse to listen to them that way, so maybe I just answered my own question, lol.

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #48 of 153
AndroidVageta, I'm using an iFi DSD LE for amp/dac. Definitely the app creating the noise. It is strange that the drivers could handle the Daisuke drum piece, but not the Bach Toccata. I'm guessing it's a sort of clipping in the app itself. I used the preset for the LX. There is so much correction going on with the activated app that I can hardly believe the difference. It is dramatic and makes the LX sing. It's very impressive, but I'm more than a little bummed about the distortion. I tried the iSine20 with Bach's Toccata with the Reveal 20 preset and there was some distortion, but not NEARLY as much as the LX. If I were more savvy, I'd run the song through Audition or something similar and try to isolate the range that's having trouble. But if the iSine20 is also having the same issue with Reveal active, I doubt it's the driver...it's the app.

I have some Comply T-600s and some Spinfit CP155s coming in today, so I'm excited to see how things turn out. Any other tip suggestions?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #49 of 153
BD9619B5-F423-4BA1-B687-7E6256E0D0F5.jpeg
B980607E-9CE1-4093-BE8A-AFF62D626974.jpeg
A25DF28D-32F1-4BCE-91BA-58A5B92F5857.jpeg
BD9619B5-F423-4BA1-B687-7E6256E0D0F5.jpeg
Just got these in!

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #55 of 153
I came here today while searching for more information about and awaiting delivery of my own pair of Audeze iSINE LX headphones. As soon as I saw these, I appreciated the angled nozzles - the Monolith m300 nozzles are perpendicular which could be a non-issue, especially if their nozzles are slightly longer. I understand that the LXs are assembled by automated machinery in the U.S., which accounts for the price drop and may require the perforated back that so many commenters here seem to dislike. To me, form follows function; I care about what I can (still) hear, not what transducers look like. I expect to have fun comparing these together with the Cipher Lightning cable on an iPhone 8 to my Pono player with balanced Cardas A8 Ear Speakers.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #56 of 153
I am really interested in the differences in sound/ build quality compared to the isine 10 at $350. Also if anyone has any experience or knowledge on the monoprice m300 planers at only $150 vs the LX at $200 or $260 for the lightning cable would be very interesting.
Also it is not clear to me if you get a second cable if you spend the $60 for lightning cable so 3.5mm plus the $60 lightning cable or just the lightning one. That would be a bummer Incase I want to listen with my iPhone one time and the dac/amp on my computer another time

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #58 of 153
I am really interested in the differences in sound/ build quality compared to the isine 10 at $350. Also if anyone has any experience or knowledge on the monoprice m300 planers at only $150 vs the LX at $200 or $260 for the lightning cable would be very interesting.
Also it is not clear to me if you get a second cable if you spend the $60 for lightning cable so 3.5mm plus the $60 lightning cable or just the lightning one. That would be a bummer Incase I want to listen with my iPhone one time and the dac/amp on my computer another time

I can't speak to the differences in sound quality but just looking at the websites for Audeze and Monoprice it seems that the Audeze all come with both cables for the extra $60 and it looks like hr m300 only come with a standard cable. I'm still on the fence but its looking like the long term value is the isine 10. I'm guessing they will last longer.

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #59 of 153
Regarding the sound quality Audeze said the LX should be pretty close to the iSine 10:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...netic-earphones.818870/page-312#post-13985072

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #60 of 153
Audeze still has a lot of potential with the iSine series to be an endgame all-arounder, especially now that they have the iSine LX at $199. The modular design of the iSine would make adding a Bluetooth accessory seamless.

IMO the iSine design is extremely well-suited for a truly wireless AirPods style accessory. Neckband style would be adequate but not preferred. I’d take a long hard look at the iSine again if I could switch off between Bluetooth (instead of using AirPods) and a cable.

$199 for the iSine LX plus $49-$99 for a well-made Bluetooth accessory would be extremely tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back