Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,666 of 7,352
Please send it to me, I haven't found the CP155 model also in ali.

Sent.
Search term should be "T500 Foam Tips", and "T600 Foam Tips". The 500 and 600 is inner diameter of the tips, T500 is a 5mm tip, but the inner rubber tube is soft and flexible, they fit easily.
Many will come up in search results, I ordered from several different sellers as a test, they all eventually arrive, takes over 1 month sometimes on some items, China Post isn't exactly fast. And Chinese New Year is coming up, then everything grinds to halt for 2-3 weeks, people leave for their home provinces, they leave before New Year, and get back weeks later.
But everything has arrived so far, even tho it takes forever. Upside is that stuff cost nearly nothing.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #4,667 of 7,352
I was toying with The Edition X V2 and the LCD-2 and eventually bought the latter as I found the presentation less laid back and more impactful
However, once I heard the iSine 20s and compared for a couple of weeks, I sold the LCD-2s
Very happy.

I'm keeping the LCDs, but isines have a huge advantage, can walk around outside, with them on. Wearing LCD will get you noticed, a bit too much lol. I've done it lol. But mostly in a shoulder bag, and put them on while in a coffee shop and such places. Overall I do prefer LCD, but isines have no right to sound this good for so little money!

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #4,669 of 7,352
i have the isine 10 and the edition x v2, i really like both i use the isine at work and the edition x at home. i drive them both out of the same equipment ( LG V30 and fiio x5/fiio a5 ) I'm not sure how you can compare them, the isines are great but they are not in the same league as a good full size planar headphones such as the edition x

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #4,670 of 7,352
i have the isine 10 and the edition x v2, i really like both i use the isine at work and the edition x at home. i drive them both out of the same equipment ( LG V30 and fiio x5/fiio a5 ) I'm not sure how you can compare them, the isines are great but they are not in the same league as a good full size planar headphones such as the edition x

For one thing, isine 10 are not 20, close but not really close. What's missing is the detail, especially what audiophiles call "airiness", its distortion is simply lower compared to 10.

Isine 20, properly driven, can be compared to LCD-3, never mind LCD-2, but it needs very well balanced EQ curve, and top source, and a very good fit, given that people's ear canals are different, it takes effort to try different rubber tips, the resulting sound is day and night, compared to factory tips.

I have an X5, because I don't like to sell my old gear, Fiio X5 can't be compared to Onkyo DP X1, they are in different league.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,671 of 7,352
AliExpress. $2 for two pairs, one pair Large size, another pair Medium size, and free shipping lol, took around a month to be delivered. Very similar to Shure factory memory foam tips in feel and compliancy. Except cost nearly nothing. 1 set blue colour, another red, nice bright colour, if you like this sort of thing. They offer black colour as well.
I'll pm you the link, not sure if Alix links are allowed here
Pm me too plz :) much appreciated

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #4,672 of 7,352
Now that I have listened through the reveal plugin I can say I'm totally floored by the sound. It sounds nothing like the eq setting here that I dialed on the neutron player. The virtualizer app that I use sounds more or less like this. But this is way way better.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #4,673 of 7,352
Is this the forum for the Isine LX which is for sale now at $200 and $260 for the lightning cable edition. I am wondering how these compare to the $350 isine 10’s or better yet the monoprice M300 since those are over $150 vs 200 for the LX planars

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #4,674 of 7,352
Is this the forum for the Isine LX which is for sale now at $200 and $260 for the lightning cable edition. I am wondering how these compare to the $350 isine 10’s or better yet the monoprice M300 since those are over $150 vs 200 for the LX planars
should be same soundquality like isine 10 but i read it has more distortion than the isine 10. The lx look incredible ugly and cheap tho. It's not better than the isine 20 tho which is on a total different league ofc (3 times it's price)

If youre on a budget and want some planars and dont mind the cheap look of the lx might be something for you

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #4,675 of 7,352
Thanks - I do have some comply T600 but I don't use them with the iSine because I don't like how it changes the sound signature. Might be a decent solution on a plane however. Good tip.
The isolation version of the 600's do change sound signature indeed, I heard the comfort 600 ones doesn't
They all do. But so do the stock tips. Everything affects sound frequency response, transients, texture, you name it.

I've tried every size of Comply T600 Isolation and Comfort the last week. And experimented with numerous eq curves. I thought I liked the shaved down Isolation in M, with my latest eq curve i shared a number of posts back (tho maybe a number of pages by now). But still, I was restless.

When I took it off, I was pretty shocked to see how the inner barrel of the tip was stretched where it sat over the iSine nozzle, but then made a conical bullet tip shape and shrank at the exit. I've come to realize I like the iSine most without any tip 'overhang' from the nozzle; especially not an overhang that shrinks in diameter at the exit.

So, Where did that leave me? I realized the Comfort tip barrel is shorter. And if I use it backwards, the foam tip overhang slides down the nozzle (I don't have to cut/shave it), and the former back of the tip that now becomes the top/exit, is flush with the iSine nozzle end.

Using the Comfort in Medium, but more so in Large in this way, gives great bass, and the most uncongested crisp mid and treble I've ever heard from the iSine 20. If you have Comply T600 Comfort, give inverting them a try! You'll probably find you need to cut 8K and 16K on the eq a dB too.

This is very close to my Ether Flow C now; with shades of my HE-1000 at times. It's really hard atm, but I'm taking them out of my ears to snap a picture.
20180118_181006.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #4,676 of 7,352
Now that I have listened through the reveal plugin I can say I'm totally floored by the sound. It sounds nothing like the eq setting here that I dialed on the neutron player. The virtualizer app that I use sounds more or less like this. But this is way way better.
Where are they hiding this? I went to the site. Could not find a link. I used their search for 'reveal'. There was one hit. But target was a '404 not found'.

Never mind. DR. GOOGLE to the rescue. Silly it found what navigation on their site didn't.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #4,677 of 7,352
I have been jamming to the Onkyo DP-X1 with the new iFi DSD Nano Black Label and the iSine20 with the JVC Spirals and this kicks the Ciphers ass by a long shot! Ive owned the 20s for about 6 months are so and they have never shined like they are now. The are so much more open and zero EQ, just plug and play.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #4,678 of 7,352
should be same soundquality like isine 10 but i read it has more distortion than the isine 10.

Yes on sound quality, it should sound very similar to iSine10. Not true on distortion, iSine LX shares the same close to negligible distortion of iSine 10/20.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #4,679 of 7,352
They all do. But so do the stock tips. Everything affects sound frequency response, transients, texture, you name it.

I've tried every size of Comply T600 Isolation and Comfort the last week. And experimented with numerous eq curves. I thought I liked the shaved down Isolation in M, with my latest eq curve i shared a number of posts back (tho maybe a number of pages by now). But still, I was restless.

When I took it off, I was pretty shocked to see how the inner barrel of the tip was stretched where it sat over the iSine nozzle, but then made a conical bullet tip shape and shrank at the exit. I've come to realize I like the iSine most without any tip 'overhang' from the nozzle; especially not an overhang that shrinks in diameter at the exit.

So, Where did that leave me? I realized the Comfort tip barrel is shorter. And if I use it backwards, the foam tip overhang slides down the nozzle (I don't have to cut/shave it), and the former back of the tip that now becomes the top/exit, is flush with the iSine nozzle end.

Using the Comfort in Medium, but more so in Large in this way, gives great bass, and the most uncongested crisp mid and treble I've ever heard from the iSine 20. If you have Comply T600 Comfort, give inverting them a try! You'll probably find you need to cut 8K and 16K on the eq a dB too.

This is very close to my Ether Flow C now; with shades of my HE-1000 at times. It's really hard atm, but I'm taking them out of my ears to snap a picture.
Gosh you're triggering my OCD with this :D I'm still waiting for my different eartips (including the comply comfort 600's) I hope i won't be dissapointed too much compared to the stock rubber tips

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #4,680 of 7,352
Anyone know of a stockist for the T-600 Comforts in the UK? Tried Amazon, Richersounds, eBay, Hifiheadphones and no luck. Not even listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back