Is this possible to do? Remove the Noise Canceling feature on Dre Beats Studio?
Jul 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #16 of 22
Hi,

I think it was the Pro that had the canceling but it's been around 4 months since I did the work on it. Maybe it was another Studio? Dang I can't remember now!

On the Studio I modded, the amp and noise cancellation circuit were screwed into the hosing, so I just pulled them out. I just soldered the remaining wires in. Were the Studio you have have different internals? 

Quote:
Why would there be a circuit on the Pro? It's not powered or have any noise canceling.
On the Studio, how did you reconnect the wires to bypass the amp? So the Studio sounded thin without the amp circuit?

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #17 of 22
I modded some friends beats studio to use without batteries, just re wire them, take out the circuit board and add some padding, they sounded better without batteries and a proper external amp

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
I modded some friends beats studio to use without batteries, just re wire them, take out the circuit board and add some padding, they sounded better without batteries and a proper external amp

I had mine rewired but kept the guts inside.  To me, it sounded dull compared to the stock version.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
I have some beats laying around in my closet and there is a vacation coming up... Maybe i could put a fiio E5/E3 in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Keep me posted 

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #21 of 22
Okay, i'll make some drawings tonight! But i'm actually working on another project; i rewired some friend's Wesc Obeo's and i'm gonna put other drivers in there and then open up the wesc's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back