Is this headphone genuine?
Jun 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 23
Hehe I am also watching the Brazil match, 3-0 so far :D. Looking good Brazil!

Back to your topic, if your skeptical about the RP-21 (I'm not), the Q40s are always a great alternative, according to reading countless reviews, and yeah, the M50 has you have probably seen recommended countless times and Denon D1001 is pretty popular too.

On the side, in terms of looks: Q40 > M50 > RP-21 > Denon D1001 . That's just me though.

Price wise: RP-21 < Denon D1001 < or = Q40 < or = M50 depending where you look.

Comfort: Depends on your head size but according to reviews: Denon D1001 > M50 = Q40 = RP-21

Soundstage n 3D imaging/positioning: RP-21 > Denon D1001 > M50 > Q40

Bass extension: Q40 > M50 > RP-21 > Denon D1001

Portability: M50 = Q40 (both foldable) > RP-21 (folds flat, removable plug) > Denon D1001

Soundwise, I've read mixed reviews bad and good on all 3 but mostly positive, so I guess you can't go wrong.

Remember this is all on what I have read, sadly no experience personally with them... yet.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Personally, I hated the RP-21.

For some bizarre reason, they were muddy, flat and lifeless.
Clamping force isn't too bad and the design is weird (walk down a street with em', you'll look like an alien).
I haven't tried them for long, but it was enough to tell me they were not to my liking.

I would suggest the m50 (yeah I know, this headphone again, sue me) since it trumps over the Equations, but the RX900 are pretty good
and can sound even better with the proper mods.

I really would like to get the M50... Is there any chance of finding it for, at least $95? The shipping would be more than $30 anyway... That's why I wouldn't be able to buy an expensive can...

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #20 of 23
Go for ebay, amazon, JR.com, etc. first.

Then use froogle.com or something that searches prices for that product on less known sites.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
Go for ebay, amazon, JR.com, etc. first.

Then use froogle.com or something that searches prices for that product on less known sites.

Woww, thank you!
I'll check for the M50, Q40 and also the Pro 700, even with the fact that I've never heard a thing about this one. At least in eBay, I couldn't find the Audio Technica for less than $130, but I'll keep looking for it. Thank you, guys!
smile_phones.gif

PS.: Brazil!! :D

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 23
    Hello! I recently bought a pair of K601 headphones from a local shop. Everything was ok until I saw some diference between my headphones and other pictures of them on the internet including the picture from www.akg.com . You might want to look at the side AKG sign wich has not the flowerish symbol above letters "AKG". The other problems are a little tiny sticker on the box naming the object as "Made in China" and the empty space on the sides where it should have be written "Made in Austria" (on the opposite side of "Refrence Headphones K601") I've posted some photos from other pages and photos of mine. Mine`s are photographed with a FiiO E7 nearby. Waiting for response on this matter from AKG and the shop from where I bought them. Using FiiO as DAC they sound like no other headphones I bought till now BUT they do have distorsion on lows and mids when playing certains mp3s (not 128kbps and above and no EQ from player)

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gLkfkY4bM

http://www.akg.com/akg_personal/mediadb/live/psfile/bild/95/K601_new14d396ac600195.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4cW-sd9ariA/TVDWsXWgsnI/AAAAAAAAABE/s3V07zrJnGE/s1600/AKG+K601.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back