Is this eBay seller trustable? (+ M50 for $120)
Jul 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 13
The main problems are having only 16 feedback, and being in Hong Kong. If there's an issue with an item (counterfeit, etc), eBay will require you ship the item back to the seller at your expense WITH tracking and delivery confirmation. The cheapest international way to do this starts at about $22, and for an item this size, will probably be closer to the $30-35 range. Without delivery confirmation, even worldwide, you almost definitely won't ever see your money or headphones again. Even with PayPal or eBay's "Buyer Protection". I definitely wouldn't bother with it.

Jul 30, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 13
Just go to one of the postings by pro audio mart or novamusik that has a buy it now or best offer. Offer around 90 bucks and they will counter offer around 120. Both are authorized dealers. I just did this less than a month ago and with a 15 dollar off thing I had from ebay, got them for around 100.

Jul 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 13
amazon has the coiled one for 125.00 right now (it's sold from another store but fulfilled by amazon so no worries). 

Jul 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 13
I bought my M50's for 119$ a few months back but that was from an American Ebay seller. Still unless the price has rose dramatically over the last few months, it shouldn't be considered suspiciously cheap.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 13
I don't think the price is too suspiciously cheap... However, I tend to stay away from headphone sellers that are from Asian countries... more often than not they are selling counterfeits... TBH I wouldn't risk it... buy 'em from somewhere reputable..

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000P62ND6

Amazon only 125$!

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 13
I wouldn't do it.

1. Feedback is only 16; too low to make a really informed judgment about the seller's reliability.
2. Bigger issue - Economy Shipping from Hong Kong -- you'll be waiting a good while for those phones,
even if the seller is above board.  And if they arrive defective or DOA? - You'll have to ship them back to HK,
then wait for another pair to come to you via Economy shipping!  Ain't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back