Is this a real Grado SR325is?
Dec 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #32 of 158
nice. I should get these so if someone sneaks into my room and borrows my phones I can check for fingerprints 
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 158
I was an unfortunate victim to this issue as well.  I ordered MS-2s from the Alessandro website.  When they arrived and I saw these plastic-looking chrome chambers I immediately hated them.  I emailed George Alessandro today to ask for an exchange for the older brushed ones or money back as the chrome was not what was advertised.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #34 of 158
Help me here, guys.  Is chrome steel?  Because steel has a higher velocity of sound than aluminum.  I've often thought that steel would be an excellent headphone housing, if it weren't too heavy and it didn't cost too much.

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #36 of 158
Oh man, that shiny 325 is just ugly. Sorry. I know someone who re-cupped his 325 into wood. I'd do that myself if I got a pair like yours. My SR80 incidentally has been woodied.

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #37 of 158
wow. that is just a shame to me. the original 325s are some of my favorite looking open headphones...

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #38 of 158

That's really unfortunate 
frown.gif
. I have the MS2 being shipped right now. I hoped that the Alessandro's would not be affected, I guess that's not the case...
Quote:
I was an unfortunate victim to this issue as well.  I ordered MS-2s from the Alessandro website.  When they arrived and I saw these plastic-looking chrome chambers I immediately hated them.  I emailed George Alessandro today to ask for an exchange for the older brushed ones or money back as the chrome was not what was advertised.

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #39 of 158
Like others have said the chrome is the newest version. Just return the headphones, its false advertising.

If you want the older brushed aluminum then call up actual audio stores, they tend to go through stock slower so they might still have the brushed ones instead of the new "Bling Bling" ones. 

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #40 of 158

Quote:
That's really unfortunate 
frown.gif
. I have the MS2 being shipped right now. I hoped that the Alessandro's would not be affected, I guess that's not the case...

Quote:

Too bad.  I was kind of hoping that the MS2i's would stay they same.  I have the brushed Al ones that I was thinking about selling.  Now I won't.

I agree that the older goldie SR325i's look the best.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #41 of 158
C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #42 of 158

Quote:
C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!

That would be basically my opinion as well. If the build quality is the same and sound is the same, what's the big deal? Is appearance that much of a factor in some people's headphone purchases? I guess for some people it is. If appearances are the only consideration, then yes, I favor the brushed aluminum finish, but for me, appearances are rather far down on the scale of considerations, and wouldn't cause me to return headphones because of a recent update that hadn't made it into the advertising photos yet. To each their own though, I guess.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #43 of 158
I'm puzzled that someone would buy blind, as it were, from amazon if you could go to a dealer and see/hear what you're getting.  Don't get me wrong, I love amazon, but if you can audition the phones locally, and Massachusetts ain't exactly the hinterlands, why wouldn't you do it?

- Travis in Texas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back