Is this a real Grado SR325is?
Aug 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #153 of 158
Quote:
And they are certainly real chrome, and quite heavy and solid feeling. It is NOT chrome paint.

Grado published an article about the chroming process....uah I cannot find it now but it was interesting; something to keep an eye out for.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #154 of 158
I realise this thread is long dead but... which pair should I keep? I think the chromies look quite nice but they're not in as good condition as the annodised ones.
Reading this thread leaves me unsure which are the newer of the two as it seems Grado abandoned the chrome 325is? The chromies have a much lower serial number 5394 than the others 17290. Did they restart the numbering with each colourway or from start to finish?

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #155 of 158
I realise this thread is long dead but... which pair should I keep? I think the chromies look quite nice but they're not in as good condition as the annodised ones.
Reading this thread leaves me unsure which are the newer of the two as it seems Grado abandoned the chrome 325is? The chromies have a much lower serial number 5394 than the others 17290. Did they restart the numbering with each colourway or from start to finish?

The one with the anodised finish is the newer pair (hence the much higher serial no.)

The original finish for the 325is was brushed aluminium, then they were chrome (only for a short while I believe) and now they have the anodised 'sparkle grey' finish.

I personally prefer the current look, but the chrome ones are much rarer, so may ultimately have greater resale value, I guess?

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #156 of 158
The one with the anodised finish is the newer pair (hence the much higher serial no.)

The original finish for the 325is was brushed aluminium, then they were chrome (only for a short while I believe) and now they have the anodised 'sparkle grey' finish.

I personally prefer the current look, but the chrome ones are much rarer, so may ultimately have greater resale value, I guess?

Thanks for the info. How many of the chrome finish were made out of interest and during what years? Just to ascertain age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back