Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
Sep 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #31 of 37
Pretty much, and it takes a bit to get one.  I ordered mine on 8/18 and it just arrived today.  I took about a week to ship from the UK to Boston, so it was about a month for them to get it in from Sennheiser and a week in shipping.  OVerall, it's nice to have iPhone controls and a mic but the cable quality does not seem to be as good as the original, much more plasticy.  For $64, I suppose it's worth it but that still seems to be a high price to pay.  The TF10Vi cable is only $25.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #33 of 37
Great so this is the only place in the world to order an IE8i cable...  Awesome.

I just ordered mine.  Let's see how long it takes.  They say a week.

Boy they gotcha by the satchell alright.

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #34 of 37
I just ordered my IE 8i replacement cable from custom cables as well.  Kinda skeptical about the quality.  Can anyone comment on how their cables are holding up?  Much appreciated.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
I just ordered my IE 8i replacement cable from custom cables as well.  Kinda skeptical about the quality.  Can anyone comment on how their cables are holding up?  Much appreciated.

Well, I've had my IE8i cable for a few years (ordered it back when this thread was started actually) and it still works fine after many hours of listening and many times of being put in my coat pocket. Of course, my IEM cables never seem to break unlike those of many others, so YMMV I guess. But there shouldn't be anything horribly wrong with the quality of it at least.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #37 of 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back