Is the Sennheiser IE 8i 's cable not compatible with the IE 8?
Mar 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 37
Well it took about 4 weeks to get my cable after ordering.

Once it arrived I checked it out straight away and it works great.

I miss the super tactile original cable but the features of the remote more than make up for that.

I'd even get this cable modded to my B&O Earset 3 so the cable would last longer than the standard offering.

In short: If you have IE8 and use an iPhone, just do it.  It's no going to do great things like a TWAg upgrade but the integration or work and play (that's phone calls and music to us) makes it so great.

Regards

Sceptre

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 37
I just received my IE8i cable from Custom-Cable and it works great with my iPod Touch. It is a little thinner and does have some memory compared to the original IE8 cable. I tried it on an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet - the button works for pause/skip, but the volume control buttons don't.

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #21 of 37
I am quite curious about how to wear IE8i, from the back of ears?

The remote/mic is quite near to the drivers on the pictures, if wearing IE8i like IE8 the mic/remote might just behind the ears.

I was wondering the same thing, any one care to comment, perhaps a real photo instead of the marketing stuff...

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 37
I got an IE8i replacement cable for my IE8. The iPhone controls hang about 2" below my jaw on the left side when worn in the normal over-the-ear style. I've had no issues with the cable.

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #26 of 37
I posted a question about this, why is it a problem for Sennheiser to come up with this? They could cash in on it.

I will probably order one soon just have to convince my wife my existing cable it damaged...

Anyone knows how their shipping is to Canada?

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 37
I thought about this also when looking at the IE8's i paid £169 for my IE8s and the IE8I's was £207, So by rights i could have a free cable with mine buying the 'I' cable on it's own.

Nat.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #28 of 37
I SWEAR this is the best news I've heard in a while.  I LOVE my IE8 but I need the iPhone functionality and I was looking for a Klipsch x10i to use with my iPhone.  BUT NOW, while I'm still looking for the x10i for their comfort, I will definitely be buying one of these cables for the iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back