Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #151 of 467
The reason I bought another clip is because it now says "Sandisk" instead of "Sansa" on the front. I can hear the difference already.

My newer one on the right.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #154 of 467
Well, again I prefer the sound quality of my cowon s9, at least with the ksc75.
If I  wanted absolutely a sansa, I'd look for  a player that is able to deliver more volume with a ksc75, otherwise you can't eq much for instance.
The sansa clip+ are only interesting for their price, and seem to work well only with low impedance headphones (16 ohms or less)

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #155 of 467

Quote:
Well, again I prefer the sound quality of my cowon s9, at least with the ksc75.
If I  wanted absolutely a sansa, I'd look for  a player that is able to deliver more volume with a ksc75, otherwise you can't eq much for instance.
The sansa clip+ are only interesting for their price, and seem to work well only with low impedance headphones (16 ohms or less)

My Rockbox Clip+ works great with my HFI-580 and Pro 900. It EQ's really well and sounds great. And since it's really small, it's perfect when I lift weights. I really can't ask for more. 

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #156 of 467

@MrNurseBJ:
It's not that I  can't EQ  well, but let's say that I  boost a  frequency by 6 db, then I  must set the max volume to 6db less (don't remind name of setting, offset , linked to eq) in order to prevent any clipping.
And when I  decrease the max volume by 6 db, it's really not enough with  the ksc75.

And about running the pro 900 in the sansa clip+,  I  think it's a bad idea, unless you are using a portable amp.  From your signature you are using he ZO2, but just try to plug the pro900 directly ...

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #159 of 467
I take it you dont like Amazon ?

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX22-004G-A57K-Sansa-Clip-Black/dp/B005FVNGRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328233442&sr=1-1

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #160 of 467
How does the Clip Zip compare to the Clip+?

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #161 of 467

Quote:
How does the Clip Zip compare to the Clip+?

Using the OF, the pitch bug of the older models, that some people could hear and some couldn't, seems to have been cured. But the basic sound hardware remains the same. Of course, I haven't used the OF in weeks....now that Rockbox has full USB support, who would want to use the OF?
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #162 of 467

Quote:
....now that Rockbox has full USB support, who would want to use the OF?
biggrin.gif

Hi Achmed, I've installed Rockbox 3.10 on my Clip+ using the automatic installer but I'm still having to switch to the OF to transfer files to the internal and external memory. Can you let me know how I can do this in Rockbox? Currently, my PC doesn't even recognise the Clip+ when I connect it via USB when in Rockbox mode (and yes, it is in MSC mode).

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #163 of 467

Quote:
Hi Achmed, I've installed Rockbox 3.10 on my Clip+ using the automatic installer but I'm still having to switch to the OF to transfer files to the internal and external memory. Can you let me know how I can do this in Rockbox? Currently, my PC doesn't even recognise the Clip+ when I connect it via USB when in Rockbox mode (and yes, it is in MSC mode).

Instead of 3.10, use the installer to install a current build. The USB support was completed after the release of 3.10.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #164 of 467
I'm getting really confused in this thread. A lot of conflicting opinions, and a lot of pages to read so I figure it'll just be easier to ask the question rather than read through it all. Sorry if it's already bee asked.

I have a sansa clip (V1) with rockbox. Initially I enjoyed it but back then I was using cheap in ear's and the stock sansa buds. I bought some soundmagic E10's as my first purchase towards audiophile quality sound but I wasn't impressed. Bass wasn't as much as I wanted and Subtleties in the sound were very hard to hear. At low volumes (which I listen to) I don't get much energy from the player and I have to turn it up to get any real feeling from the songs but I can't listen for long at those volume. 

Something weird happened to my clip yesterday. I plugged it in via usb as normal and it started heating up like a radiator. As a resut the jack in my clip has recently broken (only plays through one earphone) so I'm looking for an upgrade. My question is what to get? Will the Clip+ sound exactly the same as the clipV1. How much does output voltage affect the sound I hear and would a player with more power sound better for IEMs (especially bass heavy ones)? What are the differences between a clip+, cowon J3, Samsung S with Voodoo, and any other decent player? 

I have bought a digizoid for £83, So I can either buy a cheap clip+ or sell the ZO2 and get the cowon or samsung. I'm trying to weigh the benifits/cons, any help would be much appreciated. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #165 of 467
Well my Sansa clip+ arrived today and I must say I'm mighty impressed.

I picked up a refurb from a UK seller on ebay. it arrived in as new condition not a scratch. along with the headphones and a short usb cable. I took it straight out of the plastic slip and began imprinting grubby finger prints all over it which easily mark the shinny casing. $27.99 AUS I paid. I chucked rockbox on straight away after some minor hassle finding the firmware .bin file which rockbox needed (more on that later) and placed a 16GB SDHC card in. After transfering 5GB of killer Dubstep and Trance I plugged in my SoundMAGIC E10 and was just WOW'd straight off the original firmware HO. This thing is fantastic, what a change from my ipod nano and mini, even my Ipod touch cannot compete with the Equalizer app.

I then paired it with my E11 using the stock 3.5mm headphone cable provided set the volume to 0db and OMG I was amazed, what a little perla of a DAP this is. After adjusting the EQ on rockbox to my tastes I can safely say this was one of the best purchases I have ever made so far, a whole new experience.

For those having problems installing rockbox. Here's some tips. (I did automatic install)

1) Make sure the Clip is in MSC mode.

Settings > System Settings > USB Mode to MSC

Once you auto detect the device using rockbox installer a prompt will come asking for original firmware .bin file. I checked the firmware I was running then proceeded to Sansa forums finding my firmware version. Download that file, click ok when asked for the file and select it where you have it saved. After selecting the file the install should begin. I gather if you're having problems finding your firmware you can just update your original clip+ firmware to the current update first.

Here's the current update and download along with the updater program.

Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16 - SanDisk Forums, Welcome!

If anyone has any questions or problems shoot me a PM and I'll try and help out. I had it worked out in about 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back