Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
May 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #466 of 467
Just noticed we are all from the UK. How come you guys are all still up at this time?

It's all the fault of the Americans. Idle curiosity and general cheapness (mine and the Koss's ((is Koss's even a word????))) led me to buy a pair of Koss KSC75. At first I thought the fanbois were just fanbois and the earphones were a bit ess aich one tee because I used them with low power output personal players and USB sound card. Finally I unpacked from long term storage a Yamaha receiver, connected my PC to it via TOSLINK, and discovered my music collection again. For the last few days I've only slept about three hours per night because I am intoxicated with music (OK on Tuesday it was music and Chilean Merlot).

edit: as this is a Clip+ thread I have to say right away don't bother with Koss KSC75 or KSC35 or Porta Pro with your Clip+. They are 60 ohm 'phones with sensitivity of 101 dB SPL/1mW. The Clip+ cannot drive them. There is some sound but it is anaemic and disappointing. My iRiver H140 and H340 are a bit better but not ideal. These things come alive on an amplifier and are so enjoyable it's ridiculous. I spent 10 years using Sennheiser HD 500, then Sony ZX700. The Koss KSC75 are so much better that it defies belief.

@Koss fanbois: you were right all along. I am a kosser.

May 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #467 of 467
Since it has now veered radically off-topic and I don't intend to spend an hour trying to separate the off-topic posts from the on-topic ones, this thread is now permanently locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back